Positivity Thread II - Now with more Cations

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
X-Post from Post game thread:

Magic Number to clinch a playoff spot is 10 now. That's a lock.

Magic Number to clinch first place is 19. So a combined 10 WPG wins or NSH losses in the remaining games will have us locking up first place.

If we go 5-6-1 that would put us at 97 points.

NSH would need a 7-3-1 record for to overtake (We are way ahead in ROW's).

If we went 7-5 in the last 12, that would put us at 100 points.

NSH would need a record of 9-2 in their remaining games to overtake.

Seven is way to high an estimate IMO. NSH is 5-5 in their last 10.

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
We win despite missing our top two defensemen. JoMo and Buff are in the line-up and we win more of the past 15 games.

Here's a good article that discusses the Jets' depth and how we've stayed in first despite missing our top two D:
Jets prove contender status by withstanding blue-line injuries - Sportsnet.ca

"What’s your favorite NHL team?
OK, now take away your team’s best two defencemen, the way the Winnipeg Jetshave been without injured blue-liners Dustin Byfuglien and Josh Morrissey for the past seven games. How would your team fare?"

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
We are fighting to finish first in our division and getting some very valuable home ice advantage and there are barely any posts in the positivity thread . I think there are alot of people that would rather lose but lose the right way ,never trade 1st round picks to get a better chance at the Cup , never trade for a veteran , make all the perfect picks in the draft , get the perfect coach , on and on and on . I for one want to see a Cup in Winnipeg sooner than later . Bring on the playoffs man !! :yo:

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Not sure we can make the playoffs at this point, odds not looking good
Screenshot_20190321-000225_Chrome.jpg

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Helle, Trouba, Copper, Roslo and Chiarot all played well.
Niku made some glaring errors in the d zone that he needs to clean up but man is this guy a skater...he is going to be a force in 3 or so years.

Reactions: GNP

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Despite not quite clinching yet Sports Club has the Jets at 100% chance of making the playoffs even going 0-9 from here on out.

Interestingly they have us as a 60% probability of playing Dallas in the 1st round. I'll take that.

Reactions: Jets 31

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Despite not quite clinching yet Sports Club has the Jets at 100% chance of making the playoffs even going 0-9 from here on out.

Interestingly they have us as a 60% probability of playing Dallas in the 1st round. I'll take that.
Indeed.....Dallas is a hot mess;)

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

One more point, or a loss by the teams chasing, and it'll be a mathematical impossibility to not make the playoffs. It's a bit of a math thing - some team chasing would have to go unbeaten, and we'd have to lose all games for this to happen - it's such a small possibility that it's being rounded to 100%

Another positive note: did I hear in another thread that Buff is skating again? It'd be huge to get Buff an Morrissey back for a couple games before the PO's. Bandaid and baling wire has worked pretty well to keep us in the winning column for the most part, but guys like Beaulieu and Morrow (etc) are currently being forced to punch above their weight class. They're doing admirably, but the upgrade with Buff and Josh would be nice. The whole team needs their ability to move the puck and transition.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
. Another positive note: did I hear in another thread that Buff is skating again? It'd be huge to get Buff an Morrissey back for a couple games before the PO's. Bandaid and baling wire has worked pretty well to keep us in the winning column for the most part, but guys like Beaulieu and Morrow (etc) are currently being forced to punch above their weight class.

That's also what I've heard.

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad