Positivity Thread II - Now with more Cations

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
50 points at Christmas!! 24-10-2!! Best in the West & Central. :yo:

This is blowing my mind. 50 points already! :)

giphy.gif

Reactions: Afterburner

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
To put it into perspective: if we go fake .500 from here to the end of the season (21-21-4), we're still a lock for a playoff spot.
99.7% at Sports Club. I've gone from wondering if this team was a "one off" to trying to figure out how we beat Tampa. This team is a legit top 4 club, probably top 2 and I don't think its going to change anytime soon.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
99.7% at Sports Club. I've gone from wondering if this team was a "one off" to trying to figure out how we beat Tampa. This team is a legit top 4 club, probably top 2 and I don't think its going to change anytime soon.

Basically this. I mean, in any single elimination winner-take-all tournament, there's going to be massive variance where even the best team in the league is very very likely to not win it -- if there's one team that's a legit majority and not a plurality, then your tournament structure sucks. But there ARE going to be, like, two groups of teams, separated around the answer to the question "if team X wins, is your first reaction going to be '... how the f*** did THAT happen?'". Like if the Jets win the Cup, it's not going to be a 'WTF moment'. Likewise with a number of other teams, of course. But to me, that's about all I really hope for. We're good enough to be a legit contender, so let's get as many bugs worked out, jump in the ring and start throwing haymakers.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg

I think Tampa is the best in the NHL, right now. Even though we beat them, I thought their skaters were stronger, and they had the better of the play. Very close though, and you'd have to give the edge in firepower to the Jets. You'd have to give the nod to Tampa right now--their record is stellar.

Behind Tampa --anyone of these teams will likely win the Cup

2) Jets

3) Capitals

4) Leafs

5) Predators -- if they get their injured guys back.

Note--we've beaten Tampa and the Caps this year, and should have won -- one of the 2 games we played against the Leafs. Blew a 2 goal lead. We have the firepower, defense and Goaltending to win it.

Somehow I don't think Tampa will win it--they will get outwilled, and overpowered by a team like the Caps--just like last year. It may be the Jets, that win the Cup.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlphaLackey

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
So here we are starting a New Year and still sitting atop the West. I don't think I've ever been so optimistic about any sports team I've cheered for!

I watched Hitch's presser after last night's game. The things he said about our team certainly made for a feelgood moment. The entire presser is worth watching, however if you're in a hurry you can skip to the 3:49 mark to get to the meat & potatoes...

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
So here we are starting a New Year and still sitting atop the West. I don't think I've ever been so optimistic about any sports team I've cheered for!

I watched Hitch's presser after last night's game. The things he said about our team certainly made for a feelgood moment. The entire presser is worth watching, however if you're in a hurry you can skip to the 3:49 mark to get to the meat & potatoes...

Hitch should come post on the HF Jets board. Even I would look negative compared to how talks about the Jets. Thanks for posting.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Thought I'd put this here. Sports Club has us up to a 99.8 % chance of making the playoffs. Interesting playing out the season at fake 500 we have a 100% chance at making the playoffs.

Winnipeg Jets Playoff Chances - Sports Club Stats

I don't remember the exact numbers as I looked at it last night, but something like 16-18-4 from here on gives us a 99% chance of making it, according to their algorithms.

Reactions: kanadalainen

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Sports Club has us up to a 99.98% chance of making the playoffs. Odds of a President's trophy up to 4.8%

14-18-3 currently gives us a 100% chance of making it into the playoffs. This could change depending on what teams around us do, but that's how likely we are to make it - a crappy record from here on out makes us an almost assured lock.

Reactions: kanadalainen

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
We are on pace for 112 points, and we have a really favourable schedule for the month of February. I could see us having a playoff spot secured by March.

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad