Positivity Thread II - Now with more Cations

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
I am LOVING how our boys are playing these days. So much truculence!

Can hardly wait for Sunday. Bring on those Bolts!!!

standings.png

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Jerome has really improved his play lately and what really surprises me is how he is becoming more physical. He is actually using his size once in awhile!
As soon as Buff went down he seemed to change.
Maybe Huddy told Myers, Trouba and JMO that they were getting big minutes and not to be wearing themselves out with low percentage rushes? Not sure what it is but he is playing much better.
Maybe he just remembered he doesn't have a contract for next year.......

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Every once in awhile I just pause to appreciate the team we now have. Being a ST holder from day one and trying to convince myself then that crap was really roses compared to watching this team now and realizing that we can battle with anyone and win is something I do not think I can really describe. But I sure appreciate the ride.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Jerome has really improved his play lately and what really surprises me is how he is becoming more physical. He is actually using his size once in awhile!
As soon as Buff went down he seemed to change.
Maybe Huddy told Myers, Trouba and JMO that they were getting big minutes and not to be wearing themselves out with low percentage rushes? Not sure what it is but he is playing much better.
Maybe he just remembered he doesn't have a contract for next year.......
Who the hell is Jerome?

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Jets basically need to go .500 rest of the season to make the playoffs. It will take a colossal meltdown for that not to happen. Time to start thinking of home ice advantage chances! :nod:

I touched on this elsewhere earlier, but honestly, I think I'd rather mathematically lock up the spot and make lineup decisions towards maximum rest and recovery, unless a big trump card like first overall / conference / division is in sight that guarantees 2-4 rounds of home ice.

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I just want to make the playoffs. Home ice advantage is nice but I am not going to stress one way or the other. Very nice win % so far this season and +25 goal differential. Our PP is really driving things and I am looking forward to the playoffs again barring something unforeseen of coarse.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I just want to make the playoffs. Home ice advantage is nice but I am not going to stress one way or the other. Very nice win % so far this season and +25 goal differential. Our PP is really driving things and I am looking forward to the playoffs again barring something unforeseen of coarse.
Was looking at Sports Club today and even if we finished off the season at a point per game pace we have a 98.4% chance of making the playoffs. Considering we haven't once missed a 5 game block without getting at least 6 points I think the playoffs are pretty safe. I find myself hoping for a little adversity along the way to keep everyone grounded, us fans included. And after that just having good health and a hot goaltender entering the playoffs is all you can hope for.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?

Home ice matters in the first round, let's you get on a roll.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
To whatever mod had to bust my post: sorry. That was definitely a worthy bust. Thank you for correcting me.

All you guys should sign those though (some of you do) so that I can thank you in DM :P

TO MATTERS AT HAND:

Hellebuyck now has a .929 cooking over his last seven starts, and a .922 over his last 8 starts; coincidentally, Brossoit also has virtually the same sv% in his last 8 stats (.92248 vs .92278). All told in December, we're collectively at about the 81st percentile (340 sv in 369 shots, league average .908) which is about where we've been all year. Whatever variance Brossoit lost, Hellebuyck seems to have picked up. Our 'Achilles heel' SEEMS to be holding up under pressure.

Plus, the out of town scoreboard continues to spin our names up every day, as Colorado loses to Chicago. Bless their hearts for helping us out so much lately!

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->