Positivity Thread II - Now with more Cations

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I suppose, you're right. However looking at the powerhouse that the Bolts are at the moment, it also took them quite some time to fill in fitting players to strengthen their highly talented core.

Leafs also struggeling with similar talented forwards and a SC winning coach.

Jets defended the Division inspite of missing 2 top 3 defenders and a cold goalie.

POs will be a whole new deck of cards
Babcock inherited an absolute powerhouse of a team when he started with the Wings.
they won 58 games and were beaten in the 1st round.
The next year they won 50 and lost in the 3rd round.
After the cup win...
Made the finals the next year and then...
eliminated in the 1st round 5 times.
eliminated in the 2nd round 3 times.
missed the playoffs once.
I wouldn't want him anywhere near the Jets to be honest.
I think he is highly over rated.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015

I think the Hawks can beat Nashville, and I think they will. The Hawks have been playing way better as of late than the Preds. Toews and Kane are both having great years, and they have numerous 40 goal scorers on that team.

I think the Hawks will want to finish the year on a positive note, and prove they are still contenders, and I think they are. I think the Hawks take this game. :thumbu:
Two of their players have 40+ goals this year...

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Am I the only one that feels great about our playoff chances? Im excited for the post season to start, I think the Jets going in as a bit of underdogs now is fine with me. Some may think it's strange but Im confident in this team. I hope a few things happen, JMo returns, Buff goes back to PP1 and lines go to ESW, CHL, CLowryT, PLitsR. Helly is in fine form and that will be the most important piece in the playoffs. Bring on the playoffs!

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I work online and I have to agree. It's horrifying some of the things people will say when they're protected by a screen.
Call them what i call them , telephone tough guys . They've always been around , it's just way easier to connect with people now than before the Internet . :laugh:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Am I the only one that feels great about our playoff chances? Im excited for the post season to start, I think the Jets going in as a bit of underdogs now is fine with me. Some may think it's strange but Im confident in this team. I hope a few things happen, JMo returns, Buff goes back to PP1 and lines go to ESW, CHL, CLowryT, PLitsR. Helly is in fine form and that will be the most important piece in the playoffs. Bring on the playoffs!

You are more optimistic than I am but I don’t feel nearly as suicidal as the bulk of our fans. We need Laine to have another huge month too and it’s not like he isn’t capable and due.

Getting out top pair back in tact is big and hopefully that happens.

Reactions: Jets 31

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
You are more optimistic than I am but I don’t feel nearly as suicidal as the bulk of our fans. We need Laine to have another huge month too and it’s not like he isn’t capable and due.

Getting out top pair back in tact is big and hopefully that happens.
Replacing Beulooo with Morrissey is huge , Laine scoring is huge . Just those 2 things alone makes us way better . :thumbu:

Reactions: ps241

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
How many teams have been successful in the playoffs because of goaltending ? All of them , even the great Oilers teams had goaltending when they needed it , Fuhr , Ranford . If Helly can keep playing lights out we will win some playoff games , hopefully all the right games too . :naughty:

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
How many teams have been successful in the playoffs because of goaltending ? All of them , even the great Oilers teams had goaltending when they needed it , Fuhr , Ranford . If Helly can keep playing lights out we will win some playoff games , hopefully all the right games too . :naughty:
Which is why of all central opponents, Dallas could be scariest one to face, Bishop is good.

Reactions: ps241 and Jets 31

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Which is why of all central opponents, Dallas could be scariest one to face, Bishop is good.
Playoffs is all about goaltending , if you get great goaltending you win games you shouldn't . We as Jets fans saw that first hand last playoffs with Fleury . :banghead:

Reactions: Afterburner

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I hope we see St Louis show up overconfident and look past us in round 1.

It is always great to be an underdogs and to humble an arrogant team.

Reactions: GNP

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Two of their players have 40+ goals this year...

Just going by memory here ?-- but I think Kane and Debrincat have over 40, and I think Toews is around at 35 goals this year --so they have good scoring. Probably better than Nashville. Not much incentive for the Hawks in this game though ?

Last edited:

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
I'm just looking at the playoff brackets and feeling so grateful that the Jets are in it again. Sure everyone expected it, but it's easy to forget that just going into last season 18 months ago this team had never won a playoff game and weren't even expected to make the playoffs, maybe as a dark horse pick.

We watched a pretty terrible Jets team for years all leading up to this and I will really savor every moment of Jets playoff hockey win or lose. They are still one of (if not) the youngest teams in the league with a hopefully long window just opening up and it will be an amazing journey this playoffs and for many more to come.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Well we lost the first one but overall I’m positive about our team...

I firmly believe that our Jets have and will learn a lot about how to defend against and to score on as well against the Blues...

Go :jets Go

Reactions: GNP

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I feel like the only thing missing from our game from yesterday is traffic in front of the net. Make Binni uncomfortable and make it hard for him to see pucks. If we do that and play like we did in the first and second periods, we will beat the Blues.

Reactions: Mud Turtle

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
As pissed off as I was last night I still believe. Going tomorrow and will give it all I have as a fan. C'mon boys let's take the next step and keep me and 15,000 others cheering all night.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Binnington doesn't belong in the NHL. Now that the Jets have decided to play playoff hockey and put bodies and pucks to the net, we can win the next three straight if the Blues keep playing Binnington. He is that bad.

Reactions: jefferoni

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
LDTa.gif

Me today after last nights win :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad