Positivity Thread II - Now with more Cations

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
So what happened to the positivity thread in the 2nd? I'll blame eating a pizza for me, but we need some sweet positivity going in the 3rd :nod:

I made the mistake of reading a math-based discussion, sorry. I blame myself. Like Marty McFly being called a chicken, I just can't turn it down.

We played far better this game; the slight favorite got the slight lion's share of chances. I have no problems with what I saw tonight. We didn't get the breaks. Let's cinch first place against a nothing-to-play-for Coyotes team.

EDIT: I know I'm making an assumption about Nashville's last game ;) but we can count on them, I just know it!

Last edited:
Reactions: KingBogo and GNP

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
The season is about the end and I can sleep a couple of extra hours in the morning before going to work.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Idk, with everything going wrong for this team, I think at some point it’s bound to swing up and I think that point is very close. Laine can only hit so many posts before they start going in. We were a post away from beating Colorado when it mattered most. I really think we’re really close to going on a good run.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I am also just mentally exhausted from these PGTs and other threads lately that I’m just gonna hang around here for awhile. The overwhelming negativity and toxicity is just too much. I can be plenty critical myself but so many people just act like every negative thing is the worst thing ever and there is very little rational discussion on the board right now I just can’t deal with it anymore.

GO JETS GO!!!

Trojien

Mar 20, 2015
Landshut
I am also just mentally exhausted from these PGTs and other threads lately that I’m just gonna hang around here for awhile. The overwhelming negativity and toxicity is just too much. I can be plenty critical myself but so many people just act like every negative thing is the worst thing ever and there is very little rational discussion on the board right now I just can’t deal with it anymore.

GO JETS GO!!!

Totally agree on this. I don't follow those threads anymore. The sad thing is that I have the feeling that some of these negative guys rather see the Jets lose, just to fit their narrative of Maurice sucks or player x sucks.

Just sucks you down.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I felt that was probably the best game the Jets have played since the Nashville one on Mar 23rd, hope they see it that was as well. Easily could have won that if a post shot had gone in or that mad scramble at the end of the third in front of Grubauer had resulted in a garbage goal. Colorado kicked up a gear in the 3rd, I'm sure they were watching the Arizona-Vegas score and knew they had to get it done tonight.

Hellebuyck has been fantastic the last little while, probably the most important thing going into the playoffs.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I made the mistake of reading a math-based discussion, sorry. I blame myself. Like Marty McFly being called a chicken, I just can't turn it down.

We played far better this game; the slight favorite got the slight lion's share of chances. I have no problems with what I saw tonight. We didn't get the breaks. Let's cinch first place against a nothing-to-play-for Coyotes team.

EDIT: I know I'm making an assumption about Nashville's last game ;) but we can count on them, I just know it!

Chicago can beat them, I'm sure Chicago would love preventing Nashville from getting another division banner.

Swiftt

Jul 3, 2016
Winnipeg
Helle has been amazing lately which is such a good sign.

I truly believe too that the boys are just running through the motions waiting for the big games to start. Yes, these games are important too but I think it was Whileee that said maybe they have put too much pressure on themselves to hold onto first that they have gripped their sticks a little too tight.

I think we are in a fine spot, and I’d actually prefer to play the blues first anyways. A rookie goaltender and a very hot team peaking too early sounds fine to me. Yes I know we were hot going into last year, but call it a gut feeling, but I don’t think we are in trouble.

Anyway, let’s get through Saturday clean, and whatever happens, happens. There will still be 15 teams wishing they were where we are right now.

Last edited:

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Idk, with everything going wrong for this team, I think at some point it’s bound to swing up and I think that point is very close. Laine can only hit so many posts before they start going in. We were a post away from beating Colorado when it mattered most. I really think we’re really close to going on a good run.

I agree with this.

And let's also not lose sight of the fact that in spite of missing Buff for over half the season, and missing Morrissey for quite a chunk of time as well, not to mention Hellebuyck being shaky for the first half of the season, we've remained secure in a playoff spot for quite some time and we've been in a battle for first in the Central right down to the end. I don't care what others might think of the rest of the Central, that's still an accomplishment with such key pieces out and other key pieces being snake-bitten.

As you say, I really feel Laine could explode any time. He's been playing a lot better and if the next shot is a goal instead of a post the flood gates could open and the timing could not be better.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
re: negativity and toxicity. Part of the problem is many people have convinced themselves that the Jets window for winning a cup is so small if they do not win RIGHT NOW, there will never be another chance. After this year, there is no hope. So they are frustrated this year may not be "the year". That is possibly fueled by society turning into one demanding instant gratification and delivery of what they want.

Social media is also turning humanity into a bunch of miserable bastards. Or perhaps it is bringing out out our true natures. Critical thinking and thoughtful reflection is being lost in favor of black and white thinking and instant judgement.

Trojien

Mar 20, 2015
Landshut
I suppose, you're right. However looking at the powerhouse that the Bolts are at the moment, it also took them quite some time to fill in fitting players to strengthen their highly talented core.

Leafs also struggeling with similar talented forwards and a SC winning coach.

Jets defended the Division inspite of missing 2 top 3 defenders and a cold goalie.

POs will be a whole new deck of cards

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
Social media is also turning humanity into a bunch of miserable bastards. Or perhaps it is bringing out out our true natures. Critical thinking and thoughtful reflection is being lost in favor of black and white thinking and instant judgement.

I work online and I have to agree. It's horrifying some of the things people will say when they're protected by a screen.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
I mean, I've been frustrated too at times, but I'm loving the ride we're on with this team. We've never had a team of this calibre before, so many star pieces, so many post season appearances. Yeah sometimes it takes a little time to get it all to fit. But I dunno, it's all part of the journey. We're just getting started in my mind, we've got a lot of potential here

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Totally agree on this. I don't follow those threads anymore. The sad thing is that I have the feeling that some of these negative guys rather see the Jets lose, just to fit their narrative of Maurice sucks or player x sucks.

How could you reach any other conclusion, when the Jets take a significant lead in a game yet they continue to complain about how horrible some player or Maurice is. Like, hey, there's a game on too.

Just sucks you down.

Yeah, well, I'll be here again periodically on Saturday. And if someone defies mathematical credulity in the main thread I'll learn to let it go. Maybe :P

Reactions: Trojien

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
I feel like we should make one negativity thread, and the rest all have to be positive haha

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016

GO JETS GO!!!

This is the HFJets embassy - you're safe here:thumbu:

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Chicago can beat them. I'm sure Chicago would love preventing Nashville from getting another division banner.

I think the Hawks can beat Nashville, and I think they will. The Hawks have been playing way better as of late than the Preds. Toews and Kane are both having great years, and they have numerous 40 goal scorers on that team.

I think the Hawks will want to finish the year on a positive note, and prove they are still contenders, and I think they are. I think the Hawks take this game. :thumbu:

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
So since we have a lot of Americans on our team below I have attached an USA video on fighter jets.

It’s a long one with many different songs. But on the timer near center left please put it at the 5:00 minute mark and watch for a little piece of home and you have to see it quickly or you’ll miss it and I will give you all one guess tho (cart) and please do watch it until the end for the last song is quite powerful.

Only for the pleasure of Positive HFBoard Posters Period

Ahh we can be heroes...

Just for one day...

Go :jets Go

Last edited:
Reactions: Jets 31 and GNP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad