Positivity Thread II - Now with more Cations

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

I wonder if Maurice has the guts to do this ?--and not be intimidated by his star players ? He certainly needs to do something. I don't think it's just the 1st line though -- I think the complacency attitude runs thru the "whole team" Look at that last Nashville game, as they looked like world beaters. They looked like a Tampa team on that night. I question whether or not Maurice can motivate them consistently ?? The talent is there, so it's very puzzling indeed.

Nothing wrong with your suggestion--something to "skake up" the team.
I just think that is Maurice's biggest lever at this point to shake up the team, and I'd really like to see him use it.

Reactions: GNP

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I just think that is Maurice's biggest lever at this point to shake up the team, and I'd really like to see him use it.

It's also the last thing he'll do to shake things up -
But who knows - maybe there's a little heat right now and he's feeling it.
Hope so - teams needs a wake up call and it's never too late.

Reactions: JetsFan815

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Almost White Out Time!

4 more regular season games to go.

winnipeg-jets-whiteout-fans.png

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Playoff time is completely different.
I believe we will do a lot better than people think.
Can’t wait.
Believe it.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Just looking at the standings and more specifically the Wildcard race. Assuming the Avs do us a solid tonight and beat the Blues, we can eliminate the Hawks tonight and then eliminate the Wild tomorrow night. That would feel good and take a little bit of the salty taste away.

Reactions: Jets 31

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I'm going to post # 20,000 in my favourite thread. With tonight's win we are 2-1 away from 1st place and it feels real good to get the monkey off the back and go to bed with a win :)

Bogo flying high tonight -"good to see"--keep the faith. Great win !!! :thumbu:

Reactions: Georgetown Al

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017

Bogo flying high tonight -"good to see"--keep the faith. Great win !!! :thumbu:

I’m positive Comrie will play well tomorrow if given the chance.

He deserves a shot for his save % of .918 from the Moose.

We need to see Eric play for it’s been almost a year now since he last played for our Jets.

It’s time, we need to know more before the playoffs start even if it’s only one game.

Go :jets Go

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Tonight was the first time in awhile I actually yelled out a big "YESSS" when we won. Even during stretches this season when we HAVE been winning. Which tells me I've perhaps gotten spoiled the past 2 seasons (ie generally expecting the team to win now).

Anyways, it felt good. Maybe a bit of adversity has done the team and fanbase a bit of good.

Reactions: Jets 31

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Uncertainty tends to lead to negativity while certainty leads to positivity. Jets HFboards and perhaps Jets management may have been uncertain about the Jets backup goalie situation going into next year given Brossoit's RFA status and Comrie's decent season with the Moose. With yet another chance to prove his worth and another terrible performance, Comrie has eliminated uncertainty from the Jets hfBoards and presumably management - Brossoit is the only logical choice for the Jets' backup position while Berdin continues to develop with the Moose.

So you see, yet another terrible performance by Comrie will lead to certainty over who should have the backup position for the Winnipeg Jets going into next year and that is a positive!

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
We will win our last 2 regular season games , get home ice advantage for the first 2 rounds , and a nice banner hanging from our rafters . :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad