Prospect Info: Portland Pirates AHL - Arizona Coyotes Minor League Affiliate III

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Dvorak and Sammy look pretty good together. They had Dvorak taking the offensive zone faceoff in the third period while being down a couple of goals. That speaks of some nice confidence in a 18(?) year old playing in his second ever professional game. I

t looks like Samuelsson is developing pretty well which is good. it isn't unusual to see those power forward types not figure it out until later into the development curve. Hell, look at Doan as an example of that.

GFF

Mar 16, 2002
www.wrweb.co.uk
I will post it here too to get the ball rolling. Perlini looks to be heading to Portland as per @VickiPerlini on twitter.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I will post it here too to get the ball rolling. Perlini looks to be heading to Portland as per @VickiPerlini on twitter.

Sweeeeeeet. I have high hopes for him, and me yelling the phrase twisted wrister when he plays haha.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
I used hockeystreams for awhile as well and it seemed pretty good. Got AHL, OHL, NHL and everything. I just didn't really have time to watch full games with work and school. I'll prob get it for next year though

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
honestly, AHL Live since being taken over by Neulion, isn't even worth the hype that the PR says it is, frankly, it's a lot better listening to Mannix, then waste time & $ TO watch choppy feeds.

Lame, either way I'm doing hockeystreams instead of gamecenter next season. CHL and AHL games should be cool.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Manchester is the best team in the AHL, and they have Biz and Josh Gratton on the same roster.

Its actually hilarious to watch, a bunch of young skill guys mixed in guys who couldn't cut forth line duties. There seems to be a tussle every couple of whistles

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine
Weal, O’Neill lift Monarchs past Pirates in Game 1
By Chris Roy | Updated: April 23, 2015

MANCHESTER, NH – Welcome to the O’Neill and Weal Show.

Brian O’Neill and Jordan Weal each showed why they have been among the league leaders in American Hockey League scoring during the regular season.

O’Neill and Weal each scored twice as the Manchester Monarchs took Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals Thursday evening with a 5-2 victory over the Portland Pirates before announce attendance of 3,776 at the Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester, NH.

READ MORE>>>>

I’ll give McKenna a pass on this game. The first goal I’m sure he’d like back, but the second and third goal were rebounds or redirection. Nothing he could do on those….. Portland didn’t play terrible. They just didn’t generate enough offense. When they did they had several really good scoring chances.

On the flipside…. Portland has to figure out how to shutdown Jordan Weal and Brian O’Neill.

roadrunner

Jul 25, 2003
U Can'tTake Me Alive
Visit site
Weal, O’Neill lift Monarchs past Pirates in Game 1
By Chris Roy | Updated: April 23, 2015

READ MORE>>>>

I’ll give McKenna a pass on this game. The first goal I’m sure he’d like back, but the second and third goal were rebounds or redirection. Nothing he could do on those….. Portland didn’t play terrible. They just didn’t generate enough offense. When they did they had several really good scoring chances.

On the flipside…. Portland has to figure out how to shutdown Jordan Weal and Brian O’Neill.

Thanks for posting this. Hope the Pirates can make it interesting, at least!

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
McKenna lets in 2 goals in 30 seconds at the start of the game, gets pulled and now Dvorak assists Shinnimin with 30 seconds remaining in the 1st to pull within 1.

Btw, Perlini is making is Pro debut :handclap:

The announcer has already commented multiple times how fast he is, surprised him how fast he got to the boards past a Monarch player to get the puck.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
McKenna lets in 2 goals in 30 seconds at the start of the game, gets pulled and now Dvorak assists Shinnimin with 30 seconds remaining in the 1st to pull within 1.

Btw, Perlini is making is Pro debut :handclap:

The announcer has already commented multiple times how fast he is, surprised him how fast he got to the boards past a Monarch player to get the puck.

I was surprised how fast and willing he was to dive into boards and battle there.

He looks legit.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
Pirates player is elbowed in the head by a Manchester player. Wouldn't expect anything less from the Kings. Portland gets a 5 minute PP and offender gets game misconduct.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad