Prospect Info: Portland Pirates AHL - Arizona Coyotes Minor League Affiliate III

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The AHL is very different today compared to back then.... I don't think you'll notice much of a difference between the Pirates over the last four years and Springfield. Edwards will be the coach and it will be many of the same players i.e. Martinook, Shinnimin, Szwarz, Samuelsson etc.

Ultimately, I think getting into Springfield is a prelude to the Falcons being moved to Tucson in two years time.

That's fine by me.:nod:

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Hopefully the additions of Hank Sam, Szwarz, and Dahlbeck give Portland a nice boost to help secure a playoff berth.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Erroneous? You mean like there's no franchises for sale? OR, Manchester isn't going anywhere because they still have time on their lease? OR, the AHL Pacific Division won't until 2017?

See the pattern, Hutch??? It's you. You're the one who goes after anyone who says something that conflicts with your own personal idea of how things should to be, you're the one who acts like he knows everything and constantly spouts random historical crap that has nothing to do with the topic at hand, and you're the one who acts like he's a well-connected insider when all you do is sit at home in your basement and parrot whatever you read on the Internet, usually without giving credit where credit is due including stuff that I've written.... I'm sorry to everyone who has to read this. It's been an issue for years and while a group of us have attempted to fix things in private it always seems to find it's way into the public.

Bottomline is Colorado is working - likely a done deal - to move its affiliation to San Antonio and Columbus is working to move its affiliation to Cleveland regardless of what you say about agreements because any agreement can modified or changed and that means Arizona goes to Springfield because they're the only one left.

disagree, and you ought to know better, because it's your reputation that you're going to end up suffering, because I believe Sakic and the Avalanche are STAYING IN Lake Erie

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine
What's up with Portland's goaltending? I see they recalled Lee.
Gwinnett's season is over so Portland was bringing everyone up. McKenna will start. Leggio/Domingue will likely handle backup duties with Lee working with the extras.... Visentin is still not skating.

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine
Visentin is an RFA this summer. Any chance they let him walk?
No... They'll re-sign Visentin to a one-year deal. Domingue is the starter for the Coyotes' AHL team, Visentin is the backup and they let Lee go because he just hasn't been the same since his injury. They'll sign Langhammer and Burke and both will be where ever the Coyotes have their ECHL club next season.

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine
I'm not overly shocked. There is a lot of uncertainty going into this weekend. The Pirates could clinch a playoff spot or they could complete one of the biggest collapses in Pirates' franchise history. It make no sense to have him travel here to not play and have to clean out his locker here and travel back to Arizona or wherever he'd go next.

Just go into rehab....

I think it might have been a different decision if the Pirates were more of a lock for the postseason. Only 15 days ago the Pirates were fighting for home ice in the first round of the playoffs.... now they are just trying to back into the playoffs anyway they can. Of course a 7-game losing streak will do that.

The Pirates have not won a game in the month of April since April 20, 2013.

Pirates went 0-7-1-2 for the month of April in 2013-14. So far this season they are 0-3-2-1 in April. Even worse is the Pirates have only two wins in their last 12 games.

It will be an interesting weekend.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I'm not overly shocked. There is a lot of uncertainty going into this weekend. The Pirates could clinch a playoff spot or they could complete one of the biggest collapses in Pirates' franchise history. It make no sense to have him travel here to not play and have to clean out his locker here and travel back to Arizona or wherever he'd go next.

Just go into rehab....

I think it might have been a different decision if the Pirates were more of a lock for the postseason. Only 15 days ago the Pirates were fighting for home ice in the first round of the playoffs.... now they are just trying to back into the playoffs anyway they can. Of course a 7-game losing streak will do that.

The Pirates have not won a game in the month of April since April 20, 2013.

Pirates went 0-7-1-2 for the month of April in 2013-14. So far this season they are 0-3-2-1 in April. Even worse is the Pirates have only two wins in their last 12 games.

It will be an interesting weekend.

Sorry our prospects have made your favorite team doodoo. It must be hard watching these guys play but we enjoy the updates!

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Further to wildcat's report...

Aaron Portzline
‏@Aportzline

Hearing the Arizona Coyotes will be affiliated with @TheFalconsAHL for at least next season.

Portzline is the beat writer for the Jackets, the current affiliate of Springfield.

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003

Impossible. Angry elf disagrees. Also, he believes that Sakic and the Avalanche are STAYING IN Lake Erie.

This is Dewey-Truman all over again, and you will find yourself on the wrong side of history!

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine
Done deal.... Arizona will be affiliated with the Springfield Falcons starting next season. It's a three-year agreement, but I suspect it has a couple outs that allow the Coyotes to either purchase the club and move it to AZ or leave early for AZ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad