Prospect Info: Portland Pirates AHL - Arizona Coyotes Minor League Affiliate III

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I've never liked Edwards, he must be dating Donnie's daughter (don't even know if he has a daughter) but it's got to be something.

Time for a change

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I've just been listening...how has Dauphin played?

From what it sounds like Perlini has played well, along with Hank and Dvorak

Which means that all the guys that should be playing well are.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014

Decent, I didnt see him much out there tbh. He was playing with turds too so you can't expect him to carry his line

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
One of the benefits of owning and moving the affiliate to Tuscon/Prescott/Wherever is that the Coyotes will have complete autonomy in deciding who coaches the team.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
One of the benefits of owning and moving the affiliate to Tuscon/Prescott/Wherever is that the Coyotes will have complete autonomy in deciding who coaches the team.

IRREVELANT, Mosby, and here's why: Arizona has never owned its affiliate, but still has autonomy over who coaches the franchise or even oversees it, that's why Edwards was given more power under that structure when they added the GM title.

you haven't bought Springfield yet, even when they do go there, because that's the same position you were in in '94, same franchise, same affiliate, different city/era

the question is why did Maloney give Edwards that responsibility once Treliving bolted to Calgary.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Coaching issue IMO. No excuse for that to happen twice in the same game. Guys aren't ready, not staying calm, not.... executing.

I have never been a fan of Edwards myself. DM has to take full responsibility for this.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

If true, just shows lack of talent on our farm team.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yeah...outside of the top guys, I don't think there is a ton of talent. Remember, Portland finished at the bottom of the league last year. It's tough to go from bottom to top.

It also proves DM and DT being right by playing the vets we had. No one on the farm was good enough. I love it that these new group of kids were inserted right away to play for Portland in the playoffs. To me, that proves that DM and DT believe in this group of new kids more than what we had. If we can keep on having good drafts like the last two years our farm team will be much better.

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine
I wasn't able to post anything after Game 2 because I was just too busy.... Here's a few thoughts on Game 2 and then I'll post Game 3 in a new post.

Game 2 was a ****show for the Pirates.... The game just started bad and it ended bad on multiple levels. McKenna wasn't very which is absolutely stunning considering how many times he's carried Portland this season. To see him just falter like that is heartbreaking.

The lines for Game 2:
Samuelsson-Dvorak-Bolduc
Szwarz-Perlini-Shinnimin
Lane-Dauphin-Lessio
Selleck-Wathier-Dziurzynski

Hanley-P. Samuelsson
Gormley-Reese
McNeill-Dahlbeck

Once Portland gave up the two goals they spent the entire game chasing. They actually didn't play bad until the 3rd period when they give up the three quick ones and its a over then.... I can't fault Portland in the third period because they were essentially down to 16 skaters after losing Bolduc to a leg injury and Dziurzynski to a concussion after getting a forearm shiv to the head by Andrew Crescenzi.

The lines were completely shuffled at that point.... There was also a couple off-ice incidents that led to the Monarchs issuing an apology to the Pirates organization and its fans. I'll get into that later.

Onto Game 3....

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine
The Coyotes already have full control of the hockey operations. The Pirates simply run the business side of the team and the Coyotes run the hockey side of the team, which includes deciding who is the coach of the franchise.

Edwards is going to Springfield. They seem set on that happening because Tom Rowe will be the new head coach in Portland next season.

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine

Dvorak and Dauphin have been better than Perlini. Perlini looks like a deer caught in the headlights at times. He still moving at OHL speed, which to be fair is expected because he's only 18/19 and still adjusting to the pro game. Dvorak could be a really good player. I might be almost ready for the NHL. Playing on the top line with Samuelsson you can see his hockey IQ. Dauphin is going to become another Chris Brown type player. The question for him will be can he move it to the NHL.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
In what way?

Thanks for all of these posts btw wildcat

I think wildcat means not in term of playstyle, but in being an effective AHL player than needs to up his game to the NHL. Remember, Brown had 28 goals in the AHL his rookie season, but he looked like a deer in headlights every game in the NHL before his trade to the caps.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I think wildcat means not in term of playstyle, but in being an effective AHL player than needs to up his game to the NHL. Remember, Brown had 28 goals in the AHL his rookie season, but he looked like a deer in headlights every game in the NHL before his trade to the caps.

Ah gotcha. Well Dauphin will probably need another 2-3 years anyways so lets see how he is next season. Good feedback though.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00