Pokemon Thread #20: It's getting closer to Sun/Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
oh **** I forgot about that too - just another code distribution at Gamestop for those in the US?

yep. Code card at Gamestop in the US, EB in Canada. confirmed for both (there were ads for the US distro a couple months ago, and EB Canada tweeted that they're gonna be distributing them starting tomorrow (thanksgiving hours permitting.)

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
Will they even be open b/c of Thanksgiving?

I'm probably gonna try and go on Tuesday or Friday.

I work at The Eaton's Centre, and I'm pretty sure they will open. There's also another one at Yonge-Dundas, but I don't expect it to open since it's its own location.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
Got my code. Waited ten minutes behind someone who was buying an XBone and had their card declined, but I have one.

I always get worried about being judged since I'm 30+ and playing Pokémon but I see the cashier with some cool Raikou ink on her arm and know I'm not being judged :laugh:

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Only time I ever felt like I was being judged was when I got my Pokemon X preorder from ToysRUs and I was the only person over the age of 12 waiting for the store to open. :laugh:

Now I exclusively go through EB Games. Way more people around my age (26) and thus less judging. :laugh:

May 27, 2012
Earth
ToysRUs? :laugh:

I haven't gone to EB games to get a code before, and won't be starting anytime soon. The only time I go there for Pokemon related is the preorder the game. Going to the midnight release for AS was a big step for me lol.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
My local EB were more anal about preorders than usual. The girl looked like she was holding the code hostage until the guy came up and just gave me one.

Hilarious how this wasn't an issue with Mew and Darkrai, and really only started with Arceus-onwards.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Yea that was the year my parents preordered it for me as a gift. As much as I appreciate the gesture, I've done my own preorders since then because I don't wanna go through that again :laugh:

(It's also way farther from my house than EB is, so there's that too)

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I do all my shopping on Amazon, hooray for discounts as a Prime member!

I got my Volcanion, now I just need Meleotta and Giratina to finish my living dex. I have Giratina somewhere, I just can't remember. Probably still stuck in Platinum.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I forgot how ******** some of the Gen 1 mechanics were. Seriously, I can't do anything for 5 turns when my opponent uses Wrap or Bind?

Also forgot how annoying HM's were in the originals. They got a lot better about this with later gens, but I forgot how irritating it is to have to switch to your Cut slave every town you get to.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Bad Luck: Lost Drowzee and Raticate to Self-Destructing Geodude in Rock Tunnel, and Golbat to a crit at the Celadon Game Corner

Good Luck: Caught Vulpix on Route 8, took Eevee in Celadon to get a future Jolteon

Currently in Pokemon Tower trying to avenge Cubone's Mother.

Team:
Ivysaur L27 - Vine Whip, Leech Seed, Poisonpowder, Tackle
Machoke L28 - Karate Chop, Low Kick, Submission, Leer
Fearow L28 - Fury Attack, Peck, Mirror Move, Leer
Vulpix L27 - Ember, Quick Attack, Tail Whip, Roar
Nidorina L27 - Body Slam, Scratch, Tail Whip, Poison Sting
Eevee L27 - Tackle, Growl, Quick Attack

RIP:
Pidgey L6
Butterfree L4-18
Drowzee L12-22
Raticate L2-25
Golbat L7-26

Reserve:
Meowth L10
Sandshrew L15
Bellsprout L15
Diglett L19
Gastly L23

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I do all my shopping on Amazon, hooray for discounts as a Prime member!

I got my Volcanion, now I just need Meleotta and Giratina to finish my living dex. I have Giratina somewhere, I just can't remember. Probably still stuck in Platinum.

Heavily considered doing my Sun and Moon preorder through Amazon as well because I too have Prime, but I decided it was more important to have the game asap (at midnight) :laugh:

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
If anyone from Canada pre-ordered the games at $59.99 during the Amazon E3 deal, try contacting them to get the promotion applied to their new price of $49.96. I did it today and it worked, so I got it for $40.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
[spoil]"10:20: From the same source, but currently without pictures so it's unconfirmed, Jangmo-o's evolution is in the magazine, and is Dragon/Fighting-type, and that Type: Null changes type based on items it holds, and that it evolves. We'll bring confirmation of this as and when it comes so keep checking back . We'll bring more as it comes"
So basically, Jangmo-o indeed becomes dragon/fighting, as many people expected.
And Type:Null is basically a recreation of Arceus it seems.[/spoil]

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
[spoil]"10:20: From the same source, but currently without pictures so it's unconfirmed, Jangmo-o's evolution is in the magazine, and is Dragon/Fighting-type, and that Type: Null changes type based on items it holds, and that it evolves. We'll bring confirmation of this as and when it comes so keep checking back . We'll bring more as it comes"
So basically, Jangmo-o indeed becomes dragon/fighting, as many people expected.
And Type:Null is basically a recreation of Arceus it seems.[/spoil]

[spoil]DRAGON FIGHTING IS MY JAM
As long as it keeps Soundproof, that is. I'm gonna use the **** out of that mon. Typing-wise, it could end up being my favorite pseudo (pending the design too, of course)

ALSO is there any coincidence that we get a failed Arceus clone with everyone and their parents crying for gen 4 remakes? Not saying, just saying[/spoil]

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Not sure how much of a spoiler this is, but the new Pokemon Centers in SM look sooooo clean. Very polished.

14686427_10154804241982334_426638166_n.jpg

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
I think that my favourite part of the new game is going to be trying for shinies of the new Alolan forms. Hopefully they have some sort of chaining method or an area like Friend Safari where the shiny rate is higher again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad