Pokemon Thread #20: It's getting closer to Sun/Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
Thank Arceus.

I was beginning to think Canada was never going to get the Hoopa event. Not that it mattered anyways as I already got it thanks to the hilariously bad security (all you had to do was replace your Wifi connection with the title "McDonald's Free Wifi" and boom. Free American Hoopa).

May 27, 2012
Earth
So I ordered a GBA SP charger from EBay and got it last week. I'm going to have a look at my Gen 1 and 2 games. I have Yellow x2 , Red, and Silver x 2

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
This Hoopa giveaway doesn't conflict with the McDonalds one, does it?

I can still potentially get a couple more Hoopas because I can borrow a system to download them on while my own 3ds is getting repaired. Only copy that loses out is my digital X one.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007

I can still potentially get a couple more Hoopas because I can borrow a system to download them on while my own 3ds is getting repaired. Only copy that loses out is my digital X one.
Nope, doesn't conflict with the McDonalds giveaway.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank

Can confirm that it doesn't.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
WINGSNUT ENJOY YOUR UPCOMING TERRIBLE AVATAR

a

[spoil]Also starter 2nd evos revealed. Do not confirm the leak since it has the 3rd evos... But the similarities are closer. Popper's evo is gracious. :3
Ash-Greninja will be given with the demo that starts on the 18th! It seems to be a Greninja with the ability to turn into Ash-Greninja after knocking out an opponent. Seems like it that means no protean. [/spoil]

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary

a

[spoil]Also starter 2nd evos revealed. Do not confirm the leak since it has the 3rd evos... But the similarities are closer. Popper's evo is gracious. :3
Ash-Greninja will be given with the demo that starts on the 18th! It seems to be a Greninja with the ability to turn into Ash-Greninja after knocking out an opponent. Seems like it that means no protean. [/spoil]

[spoil]Popplio's final evo HASSSSSS TO BE confirmed as a fairy type at this point, right???? LOOK AT IT! Tell me that isn't destined to be a fairy[/spoil]

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007

a

[spoil]No more Protean Greninja? That would suck. It wasn't even that overpowered in Battlespot or VGC, so I don't know why they would get rid of it.

Also, I'm happy Mega Evolution is coming back, but sad that they are banning it from competitive play. It just makes it boring again for me. [/spoil]

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Wingsnut you'll get your avatar next week.

Size limit is 125x125 and 49.1kb for non-sponsors right?
It's 125x125 or 20kb.

And my least favourite Pokemon is Ninetales, btw. So you should make it the avatar. ;)

May 27, 2012
Earth
I don't know what younger me was thinking, but every cartridge I put into my GBA SP was restarted except Pokemon Yellow, where it had 32 hours and only just got to Lavender Town. It wasn't even my name, but my sisters.

Wut.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
gonna try and load up on Hoopas tomorrow. Keldeos too. I just had to borrow another 3ds to do this because my existing original 3ds that I still have is sitting on an old, un-updated firmware that lets me use some of the exploits that have been patched out and I don't want to give that up. :laugh:

Meanwhile, on the B2 front I'm in Castelia and deciding that for my own enjoyment I'm going to modify and loosen the Nuzlocke rules a bit. I originally played through both B2 and W2 with hand-picked teams right from teh start, hatched from eggs. So in order to more fully experience what the game has to offer I'm going to adapt the nuzlocke rules to be a bit more forgiving so that I can better play with what the game gives me. The catch rule is being loosened to let me choose what 1 thing I want to catch on each route rather than the 1st thing. Becuase to be honest so far I had been stuck with a lot of garbage in the form of lillipup, patrat, purrloin, sunkern, etc. I'm also giving myself a limited # of extra catches along the way if I stumble across something I really, REALLY want. This should hopefully give me more interesting reserves to pick from.

The other thing is that I'm going to give myself a small # of "extra lives" in the form of a set # of purchased revives. As long as I can revive a mon during battle, it won't be dead dead. This is because as much as I've had fun in the X egglocke and lost a giant chunk of my team and been forced to adapt, the frustration there was that I never got to really experience some of the projects that I used that egglocke as a test run for. So here any potential death is going to be weighed against the limited # of revivals I have to use. If I really like something I can keep it alive, but I have to consider whether or not I might replace it later on, or what happens if something else fun dies and I'm out of revives to use.

Obviously I could choose to just not play as a nuzlocke, and on the other hand it's also not like I need to validate my playstyle choices to you guys since I should have fun with the game however I want. But whatever. :laugh:

My team right now is:

Dewott
Throh
Darumaka
Cottonee
Golbat
Sandile

Patrat and Lillipup are dead and in the box I think I have a woobat. and a Magby that was replaced with Darumaka (one of my "bonus captures" because I've used Magmar before and had no interest in trying it again)

Everything except Golbat are level 18-19. Golbat is 22. I've beaten the sewers, but haven't challenged the gym yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad