Pokemon Thread #20: It's getting closer to Sun/Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
After seeing it in motion, I love Jangmo-O's evolution. Looks like a badass Armadillo

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Are... are you sure?

Pokemon_Jade_Front.png

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Picked up my X egglocke again this morning now that I have my 3DS switched over and set to use. Right at the outset I lost Exploud to a 1-shot crit from a random trainer in the Aspirtia gym.

Now I'm down to the last 5 reserve mons to fill that spot, all of which either kinda suck or are ill-suited to fit in my team.

Team is: Hitmonlee, Sandshrew, Abomasnow, Hawlucha, Flygon, ????

remaining reserves are: Exeggcute, Pinsir, Venipede, Phanpy, Carnivine

Venipede doesn't have Speed Boost, or I'd use it. Exeggcute and Carnivine duplicate Abomasnow's grass type, Phanpy duplicates Flygon and Sandshrew's ground type. Pinsir doesn't duplicate typing, but its fighting-and-normal-heavy moveset kind of overlap with Hitmonlee and Hawlucha. And Venipede just isn't that strong.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Honestly, there's nothing worse than spending a ton of time grinding your pokemon just to lose them in like the 2nd battle.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Wanted to do an ALPHA Sapphire wonderlocke. First seven pokemon were:

Adamant Charmander
Jolly Beldum
Adamant Huge Power Marrill
Sandshrew
Duskull
Adamant Shroomish
Adamant Protean Froakie

Could make a passable ubers team with that.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
I know it's just a demo and it'll be the same things too with the games, but I can't wait to get spoiled with everything due to the time difference in Japan. I would hate to have to stay off the internet :(

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
I know it's just a demo and it'll be the same things too with the games, but I can't wait to get spoiled with everything due to the time difference in Japan. I would hate to have to stay off the internet :(
don't worry it's also going to be datamined within the week

SubyDubyTML

May 13, 2013
Slightly off topic, but how would you guys rank the pokemon games/generations? I'm starting up again and i'm deciding which one to play. I haven't played anything above 4th Gen. Some of my personal favorites have been Crystal/Gold/Silver, LeafGreen/FireRed and Pearl/Diamond. I also really enjoyed Soul Silver/Heart Gold.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Slightly off topic, but how would you guys rank the pokemon games/generations? I'm starting up again and i'm deciding which one to play. I haven't played anything above 4th Gen. Some of my personal favorites have been Crystal/Gold/Silver, LeafGreen/FireRed and Pearl/Diamond. I also really enjoyed Soul Silver/Heart Gold.

Not off topic at all... :)

My favorite was 3rd gen, but I know that I'm in the minority on that. I enjoyed the GSC remakes and the RSE remakes. I honestly never finished DPPt, BWB2W2 or XY.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

If you've played those, then all you've missed are Gens 5 (Black/White and B2/W2) and 6 (X/Y and OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire)

I personally wasn't a huge fan of the gen 5 stuff. I even just tried replaying Black 2 for a week and couldn't keep myself going having already finished it once before. But I think I'm in the minority there. Regardless, the sequel games are superior to the original Black/White and it's not entirely necessary to play the first games before them.

X/Y are fun, and are great if you haven't played in a long while (they're a nice intro point for the series) but they're also a touch on the easy side, with far less grinding than the earlier games. But it does make them good ways to learn about the stuff that's changed since the earlier DS era games though.

ORAS might come down to how much you like original Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. They're a marked improvement (I enjoyed ORAS, but hated Emerald), but if you weren't a fan of the originals these are just "pretty good". If you loved the original Gen 3, you might absolutely love these ones

My opinions may not count for a lot though. I liked Diamond/Pearl/Platinum a whole lot more than pretty much anyone else here.

SubyDubyTML

May 13, 2013
To be honest, im not sure I want to go into the newer generations. Seems like so many new features that it kind of took away from the simplicity of the pokemon games that I'm used to.
Pokemon ORAS does intrigue me a bit, I might go that route or stick with Soul Silver/Heart Gold.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
PSA I will love you forever if you breed me a Contrary Snivy, IVs and nature don't matter.

will breed u a Protean Froakie in return

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Picked up a pre-owned copy of Omega Sapphire today. The person whol owned the game before me never reset their data or transferred anything. Among the following pokemon that are now mine:

(I know some of these are probably hacked but whatever)

Event Jirachi
Event Hoopa
Event Rayquaza (Shiny)
Event Keldeo (Shiny)
Event Blaziken (Shiny)
Deoxys
Kyogre
Tornadus-T
Shiny Latias
Shiny Umbreon
Shiny Charizard
Shiny Eevee
Shiny Samurott
Shiny Milotic
Shiny Hydreigon
Shiny Sharpedo
Shiny Sceptile

Thanks, Angelina.

I bought Heart Gold from gamestop some odd years ago and I now have 26 Darkrai's and multiple Manaphies

thanks HEART

I'm gonna be in the true minority when I say that Gen 6 was my favorite.

I can beat that

Gen 5 is my favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->