Langley, BC

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
it's good to have our thread back

how about that (gen 7 mon spoil)

[spoil]Mudsdale, amirite?[/spoil]

Spoiler free, I'm legit excited for Gen 7. November can't come soon enough.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
If that horse isn't easy to get ima scream.

Legit wanna solo the game with that thing

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Egglocke update:

Starter - Torchic
Route 101 - Wurmple
Route 103 - Wingull
Route 102 - Ralts
Route 104 - Zigzagoon
Petalburg Woods - Wurmple
Route 116 - Zigzagoon
Rusturf Tunnel - Whismur

Natu level 10 (Wingsnut)
Onix level 12 (Wingsnut)
Druddigon level 17 (JWK)*
Vanillite level 16 (DBU)*
Pidgey level 15 (Nem)*
Litleo level 18 (Nem)*
Relicanth level 12 (JWK)*
Exeggcute level 14 (Nem)*

*in party

I have a real rock weakness, but Druddigon beat the first gym by itself. I marked each egg with a shape so I know who sent it. I also used a random online number generator to pick which egg is hatched next. I did not miss a capture yet.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Yeah! 50% of the party is Team Nem! :D

Of course I think I contributed more eggs than anyone else, so it's a little easier for my eggs to get picked.

almost everything I bred should have egg moves or HA or something fun, so there's that too.

Also if you get something that needs an item to evolve that you can't find during your playthrough, I'm willing to provide where I can. like I don't recall if you'll find a leaf stone for Exeggcute, so I can give you one when you decide that it's time to evolve it.

Last edited:

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Yeah! 50% of the party is Team Nem! :D

Of course I think I contributed more eggs than anyone else, so it's a little easier for my eggs to get picked.

almost everything I bred should have egg moves or HA or something fun, so there's that too.

Exeggcute is probably going to go to the PC if I get something more interesting. Technically, you can't get a Leaf Stone without either playing the Poke Miles games online or Super Training, and I'd rather not do either one. I could always trade one over, but that's cheating... right?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Exeggcute is probably going to go to the PC if I get something more interesting. Technically, you can't get a Leaf Stone without either playing the Poke Miles games online or Super Training, and I'd rather not do either one. I could always trade one over, but that's cheating... right?

meh, if you want to use something that needs an evo item you can't find, I'm willing to trade you one when I can. I stuck you with stuff that needs impossible-to-get items, so I don't mind being the workaround. It's not like I'm helping you evolve it right out of the gate anyway, it could easily wait to be evolved at a time where its power scaling would be more appropriate.

It's my fault for not considering that until after I gave you the eggs.

now if I can just remember what else I traded you to make sure I have other items if I need them :laugh:

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Hi all, so I just finished Gen 1 for the first time in 15 some odd years. I never got into any of the other generations beyond that. As much as I would like to go through and play them all that is a bit too much time that I don't have to commit to. So, was wondering if you all could suggest which of the generations beyond 1 were A.) Most important/relevant to get caught up to where we are now and B.) Which you enjoyed the most, or thought were the best. I'd like to play Sun and Moon when it comes out, but I know there are new mechanics and I'd rather not feel totally lost when I start. That all said I appreciate any and all responses.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Hi all, so I just finished Gen 1 for the first time in 15 some odd years. I never got into any of the other generations beyond that. As much as I would like to go through and play them all that is a bit too much time that I don't have to commit to. So, was wondering if you all could suggest which of the generations beyond 1 were A.) Most important/relevant to get caught up to where we are now and B.) Which you enjoyed the most, or thought were the best. I'd like to play Sun and Moon when it comes out, but I know there are new mechanics and I'd rather not feel totally lost when I start. That all said I appreciate any and all responses.

Gen 2 (Gold/Silver/Crystal) is a direct sequel to Gen 1, play the Gen 4 remakes Heart Gold and Soul Silver. Is the same as the original G/S/C, but features the physical/special split from Gen 4 which was a big deal.

Gen 3 (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald) is worth playing, I would check out the Gen 6 remakes Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Like HG/SS, they are late gen remakes of the original Gen 3 games the newer mechanics added.

Gen 4 (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum) is largely forgettable, I mean Platinum did some cool things but if you're playing HG/SS you really don't need to play D/P.

Gen 5 is a very good entry, Black and White and their direct sequels Black 2 and White 2. Not many new gameplay mechanics, but a TON of new Pokemon and a stronger emphasis on storytelling/narrative. Kind of a series "reboot", so to speak. I'd recommend playing them both. If you only want to play one, it's a tough call. B2/W2 you will have Gen 1-4 Pokemon available right from the start, but you might not understand the plot as well if you haven't played B/W. Nothing revolutionary here, but a very fun experience.

Gen 6, again, largely forgettable. X/Y is kind of a Pokemon fan service edition, nearly all existing Pokemon are readily available in the game but there's not a ton of new features aside from Fairy type and Mega Evolution. Not very deep and quite cartoony, even for Pokemon. OR/AS is the game to play here, all of the smooth and streamlined Gen 6 gameplay but with a superior region and story.

So:
Heart Gold/Soul Silver
White/Black/White 2/Black 2
Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

I would play OR/AS last, they permanently retconned a lot of stuff in Gen 6. They changed some Pokemon types with the introduction of Fairy, the super effective chart changed slightly, and the addition of Mega Evolution changed quite a bit in terms of battling mechanics. Even though it's out of chronological order, play Gen 5 first.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
You can still let Bank miles stack up though, right? This is within XYORAS only?

I don't think so. I think they are shutting the whole thing down in October for Gen 6.

Edit: I misread... yeah, I guess, but exchanging them for Poke Miles would be dumb unless you want to exchange them in Mauville.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Thinking of buying Sun/Moon later this year, will need to buy a 3DS as the 2DS looks weird. Can you buy Red etc for 3DS?Any other recommended games?

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Gen 2 (Gold/Silver/Crystal) is a direct sequel to Gen 1, play the Gen 4 remakes Heart Gold and Soul Silver. Is the same as the original G/S/C, but features the physical/special split from Gen 4 which was a big deal.

Gen 3 (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald) is worth playing, I would check out the Gen 6 remakes Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Like HG/SS, they are late gen remakes of the original Gen 3 games the newer mechanics added.

Gen 4 (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum) is largely forgettable, I mean Platinum did some cool things but if you're playing HG/SS you really don't need to play D/P.

Gen 5 is a very good entry, Black and White and their direct sequels Black 2 and White 2. Not many new gameplay mechanics, but a TON of new Pokemon and a stronger emphasis on storytelling/narrative. Kind of a series "reboot", so to speak. I'd recommend playing them both. If you only want to play one, it's a tough call. B2/W2 you will have Gen 1-4 Pokemon available right from the start, but you might not understand the plot as well if you haven't played B/W. Nothing revolutionary here, but a very fun experience.

Gen 6, again, largely forgettable. X/Y is kind of a Pokemon fan service edition, nearly all existing Pokemon are readily available in the game but there's not a ton of new features aside from Fairy type and Mega Evolution. Not very deep and quite cartoony, even for Pokemon. OR/AS is the game to play here, all of the smooth and streamlined Gen 6 gameplay but with a superior region and story.

So:
Heart Gold/Soul Silver
White/Black/White 2/Black 2
Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

I would play OR/AS last, they permanently retconned a lot of stuff in Gen 6. They changed some Pokemon types with the introduction of Fairy, the super effective chart changed slightly, and the addition of Mega Evolution changed quite a bit in terms of battling mechanics. Even though it's out of chronological order, play Gen 5 first.

Cool! Thanks a ton for the info! Exactly what I was looking for

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
So it looks like Hyper Training will focus on IVs.

My Shiny Pokes will be so much better.
This is pretty awesome. Makes it so that I can focus more on nature rather than IVs when SRing for legends.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Do we even know what Hyper Training does exactly? Does it max every single IVs? Or just one? Or it just improves an IV by X points for each bottle cap?

In any way, I think the item required for hyper training will be quite rare, maybe only when you transfer a pokemon from RBY or for event legendaries (like Magearna)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad