GDT: PO #3 | Penguins at FLYERS | Sun., April 15, 2018, 3:00 pm ET | NBC, CBC, TVA Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
The smugness of Crosby in his post game interview when asked about G’s “hit” on Letang, “the league will look at it” like dude your boy literally puched Patrick in the face for no reason other than he’s a giant gash that wouldn’t drop the gloves with anyone, plus that ogre Gina is still on your team

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
The smugness of Crosby in his post game interview when asked about G’s “hit” on Letang, “the league will look at it” like dude your boy literally puched Patrick in the face for no reason other than he’s a giant gash that wouldn’t drop the gloves with anyone, plus that ogre Gina is still on your team

bettman+sucks.jpg

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
The fact that people are actually bitching about that "hit" is astonishing.

First off, I'm a beer league goaltender and i could have easily avoided that "hit" if i were letang.

Second, Crosby very clearly directed Giroux into Letang.

Third... read "first off" and add the belief that letang had to have wanted to be hit

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
The fact that people are actually *****ing about that "hit" is astonishing.

First off, I'm a beer league goaltender and i could have easily avoided that "hit" if i were letang.

Second, Crosby very clearly directed Giroux into Letang.

Third... read "first off" and add the belief that letang had to have wanted to be hit

Totally agree.

This from Bill Meltzer:

"The NHL will not hold a hearing or impose a fine on Claude Giroux for his hit on Pittsburgh defenseman Kris Letang. From this side, there was zero doubt of the play being far from worthy of any discussion of supplementary discipline. At absolute most, it could have been called an interference minor if the officials believed that the collision was avoidable."

And if they'd called G for interference, they should have gotten Crosby for that too, since he started the whole thing.

Much ado about absolutely nothing.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yes, he is in fact in their neighborhood for production. He is one of the most productive wingers in the game. How is the difference between elite and not-elite five points?

Is this one of those deals where you take an unreasonable stance and then say a bunch of ridiculous nonsense to try and prop it up?

Like how the inevitable outcome of your defense of every single thing Hakstol has ever done is that you've forced yourself into a position where you have to believe he is the best coach in the league?
Ask him to say something negative about a player Hakstol likes.

Whenever we get a long post of criticisms it’s a bunch of hate for everyone good and never anything for Haks favorites.

SHANE523

Oct 18, 2016
Pitt should NEVER EVER complain about calls. They get more favoritism than ANY other team in the league.
IF the refs didn't ignore Malkin he would be a repeat offender 3 times over for the elbows to the heads of several players around the league!
Even though the game was well out of reach in game 1, Crosby could have been called with either a slash, hook, interference or hold on the same play. Not to mention the high stick that was missed.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
MALKIN GETS AWAY W/MORE **** THAN ANYBODY IN THE NHL. SEEN GAMES WHERE EVERY TIME HES ANNOYED HE FLATOUT PUNCHES PEOPLE IN THE FACE W/GLOVED FIST AND NEVER GETS CALLED.... ITS THE MOST HYPOCRITICAL THING EVER WHEN THESE BITCHES WHINE ABOUT CALLS. THEY ARE THE DIRTY TEAM.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Was just curious how Flyers fans were reacting to their win in here and the dumbest thing I’ve read as a Penguins fan is someone criticizing Voracek.

What the hell? Dude’s a beast and easily at worst a top 15 winger in the league.

It’s like the Pens fans that criticize Kessel because he plays a pedestrian game in the regular season while putting up 70pts. Who cares?

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Voracek is never going to be an elite winger unless he changes his approach to the game.

What makes elite players (unless they have ridiculous talent, i.e. McJesus) is what they do to help their team win when they don't have the puck, and that's the hole in Voracek's game. He has the physical ability to be a ferocious forechecker, first rate back check defensive forward and top PK guy, but either lacks the instincts and/or desire to do so.
jake only skates hard when hes on the offensive he coast on the backcheck and on d

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
I'm still a bit annoyed at Hornqvist taking liberties with Nolan Patrick.

I didn't think the Flyers would win, but I'm extremely happy.

Let's keep it going.
i don't know but maybe switching jake and simmonds might help with the hornqvist thing

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Was just curious how Flyers fans were reacting to their win in here and the dumbest thing I’ve read as a Penguins fan is someone criticizing Voracek.

What the hell? Dude’s a beast and easily at worst a top 15 winger in the league.

It’s like the Pens fans that criticize Kessel because he plays a pedestrian game in the regular season while putting up 70pts. Who cares?

Jake gambles a lot and plays a high variance style so it leads to some bad turnovers and there are some contrarians here who like to write long essays that no one else agrees with. For the most part the fan base appreciates how good he is.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
I was very surprised by the results of that hit. From all impressions, Letang seems to be much larger and to see him go flying like that, makes me wonder if Giroux has got a little bit of what Crosby has going on: lower body strength.

Giroux has chicken legs. They're not as chicken-y as Simmonds, though, but they are pretty thin.

DKItV_iXUAY6nQU.jpg

Simmonds_BioSteelCamp_630.jpg

Reactions: gertbfrobe16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad