GDT: PO #3 | Penguins at FLYERS | Sun., April 15, 2018, 3:00 pm ET | NBC, CBC, TVA Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Voracek wouldn‘t hurt. His line would even get a bigger boost playing against Malkins.

He had a nice hit on a forecheck, the problem is he should be doing that on a consistent basis - when you watch Konecny, then Voracek, the contrast is startling.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Wonder if Manning’s mistake will lead to a demotion/benching? No, let’s not be silly.

His one mistake when he also made several good defensive plays and took the most hated Pen of the night off the ice at a key point in the game? The only silly thing would be to bench him. Hagg will bring nothing extra to the table that you don’t already have in the lineup.

FWIW, I saw more than "one mistake." The NBC guys were going on and on about Patrick's line being outmatched by Crosby's in the first shift of the game. That was true, but Manning started the game too, and it was his missed clearing chances, and general running around in our end, that "helped" get them pinned in our zone in the first place.

Also, why in the world did Hak start Brandon and Radko with Nolan's line? Wasn't the Crosby/Patrick match-up tough enough? We were very fortunate (lucky) that Pittsburgh didn't score in the first minute. It would have sent the game in an entirely different direction.

Lastly, Giroux was not good. He looks like he is over thinking a bit.

While G had a few turnovers I didn't like (mostly diagonal pass attempts that didn't work) I thought he had a much better game. His 63.64 CF% led the team at 5-on-5, and Pitt didn't have any high danger chances in that situation when G was playing.

Also, you have to love his "unintentional" butt check on Letang that got started when Crosby interfered with G. Letang only seeing 14 seconds on the Pitt PP was another difference maker yesterday.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Voracek is 2 or 3 years away from being a top6 winger.

Voracek is never going to be an elite winger unless he changes his approach to the game.

What makes elite players (unless they have ridiculous talent, i.e. McJesus) is what they do to help their team win when they don't have the puck, and that's the hole in Voracek's game. He has the physical ability to be a ferocious forechecker, first rate back check defensive forward and top PK guy, but either lacks the instincts and/or desire to do so.

Reactions: hatcher

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
Elliott will determine how far we go this year. If he continues to shut the door, it will give the players more confidence to take chances. I still think we should throw Neck back up to the 1st line!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Voracek is already an elite winger.

How many point per game wingers do you think there are?

Last time I checked, the object was to win games.
Giroux and Couts are better players, Patrick will be next year.

Voracek has only two seasons where he scored at ES, 2014-15 (48), and this year (50), otherwise he's a 35-40 point ES scorer, who depends on the PP to pad his scoring stats. That's very good, but even as a scorer, that's not elite.
He had a 3 year stretch when he put up top Corsi numbers (2012-13 to 2014-15), the last two years CorsiRel +1.5.
He doesn't play on the PK.

It looked like he was taking that next step up in 2014-15, but since then he's pretty much flatlined.
Voracek is a good player, but he's basically one dimensional, the elite players do it all.
Yes, he can score, he also makes a lot of mistakes and is a liability defensively.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Voracek has only two seasons where he scored at ES, 2014-15 (48), and this year (50), otherwise he's a 35-40 point ES scorer, who depends on the PP to pad his scoring stats. That's very good, but even as a scorer, that's not elite.
He had a 3 year stretch when he put up top Corsi numbers (2012-13 to 2014-15), the last two years CorsiRel +1.5.

It looked like he was taking that next step up in 2014-15, but since then he's pretty much flatlined.
Voracek is a good player, but he's basically one dimensional, the elite players do it all.
Yes, he can score, he also makes a lot of mistakes and is a liability defensively.

Ah, so then I guess you think McDavid isn't elite because they don't win games. Or did you not think before typing?

Malkin sucks defensively. He is one dimensional. Is he no longer elite? Is Ovechkin not elite?

Reactions: Rebels57

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

giphy.gif

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I'm still a bit annoyed at Hornqvist taking liberties with Nolan Patrick.

I didn't think the Flyers would win, but I'm extremely happy.

Let's keep it going.

i'm not, and I invite all the penguins to continue that. Patrick pwned him by scoring a goal and showing no effects from that dirty slewfoot and 2 punches to the face. We do a good job of taking what they dish out and making them pay for it.

Reactions: Rebels57

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
i'm not, and I invite all the penguins to continue that. Patrick pwned him by scoring a goal and showing no effects from that dirty slewfoot and 2 punches to the face. We do a good job of taking what they dish out and making them pay for it.

I might be getting my hopes up, but it’s exciting that we may have seen the underlying signs on another potential mental collapse last night

Reactions: gertbfrobe16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino