Prospect Info: Plymouth Summer Showcase

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Just got home a few minutes ago. Great day up there watching those games. Im gonna rewatch the 2nd game on hockeytv to see if things jive up with what I saw. I was a little star struck today so I wasnt totally focused, lol.

Said Hi to Cleary and congratulated Drapes for the draft. I tried asking him if they had liked McTavish just for my personal curiosity, and he laughed and was like "C'mon i cant tell you that! Id get fired!" I said hi to Jiri Fischer as well. Stevie Y was there, so was Pat Verbeek and Horcoff. Red Savage and his dad were in the seats by the concourse, so I congratulated him for being picked and asked why he wasnt participating. He said hes not hurt but was sick a few days ago so they held him out. Buium came out after his game and was talking to Draper and someone from Denver. I waited and shook his hand, congratulated him and told him he had a good game today. Asked if he felt like he would make the team but he said he had no clue. Very nice kid, he's going to be a monster after a couple years in college. His bio height/weight are not exaggerated at all. Carter Mazur's Dad was there, he complimented my Datsyuk jersey and had a nice Wings #43 Mazur jersey on himself so I said thanks, you too and congratulated him for Carter. Also saw Shane Doan, Keith Tkachuk, and Mel Pearson. Oh and Matty Beniers was walking around so I told him congrats as well. I had a sharpie, but couldnt bring myself to actually bother anybody for an autograph. I ended up having like a 5 minute convo with Art Regner and asked how upset he was about not getting Wallstedt. He was very nice and talked up Cossa, mentioned how high the wings were on Viro, and talked some of the UFAs.

Quicks impressions....Teddy did ok, team Sweden still looks really discombobulated though. He just isnt meshing with his linemates, and they tried a few different combos. He was very pissed at the end result, he stewed on the bench for an extra minute when the horn went and was mad during the anthem. Wallinder did look a little better defensively from what I could see. Thought Buium looked pretty damn good out there. Viro obviously as well. Hanas did pretty well for himself, I was suprised to not see him in the OT or shootout. Mazur was noticeable physically, and had at least one really good look but otherwise was just ok.

Thanks. Really appreciate this kind of reports.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida

Wait so this kid might be good? A bunch of morons on here have said otherwise lol

It has been literally a one week sample size against competition nowhere near a NHL skill level

Far better prospects with far better showings have busted. Given the track record of similar players (remember NHL “Locks” like Zack Nastasuk or whatever his name was?), it’s a bit premature to be celebrating

Last edited:
Reactions: David D

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Feels like this tournament could be a big precursor for the hit movie, "How Aatu got his groove back."

Reactions: Henkka

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Feels like this tournament could be a big precursor for the hit movie, "How Aatu got his groove back."

I really think this could be the most odd case of the century in NHL drafts, which will turn full positive.

I have heard a lot than he and his dad especially have been putting enormous pressure on last 2 years, when Aatu was hyped as the #1 overall in some ranks.

And they couldn't handle the pressure at all. Everything went on their minds, both dad and the kid.

Also problem was the older brother Aku, which was of no problem, great guy, but always there helping Aatu, who didn't have to worry about himself.

I think, this situation, which kind of sounds ideal environment, somehow turned to be negative. Aatu pressured himself too much and that brother-connection didn't work like many would expect.

Something weird just did happen.

It has been so crazy after NYI made that selection, and Aatu was finally free from that draft spot pressure, how great has he been since that.

I think when few months pass by, Räty would go Top3 in re-draft.This is one of weirdest cases I've seen so far in my life watching prospects. The skill is still there.

The mind was off. He also had corona. All that shit. But the mind is clear now. No pressure.

Just future as an NY Islander. That's the target. No hype, he can concentrate on that.

Don Lou is smiling somewhere. Räty was #52 overall... drafted with a pick which Wings did own before Leddy-trade.

Last edited:
Reactions: golffuul

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Last chance for Theo here. Held pointless then entire tournament.

This is kind of a nothing tournament. Sweden looks bad in general but I don't think it's because their players are bad. I don't know what I'd attribute it to right now but Sweden looks to be half assing it out there.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
This is kind of a nothing tournament. Sweden looks bad in general but I don't think it's because their players are bad. I don't know what I'd attribute it to right now but Sweden looks to be half assing it out there.
I mean, I kinda agree, but considering hes D+1 and on the first line, you’d think he’d get something here. Just not a great sign.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I mean, I kinda agree, but considering hes D+1 and on the first line, you’d think he’d get something here. Just not a great sign.
Not concerned about Niederbach. He's clearly been one of sweden's best players through these games, probably the best tbh. Does a lot of good things all over the ice. Sweden's team just isn't clicking in any way and there are many other guys whose play is more concerning (Fabian Lysell for example, looks terrible).

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Not concerned about Niederbach. He's clearly been one of sweden's best players through these games, probably the best tbh. Does a lot of good things all over the ice. Sweden's team just isn't clicking in any way and there are many other guys whose play is more concerning (Fabian Lysell for example, looks terrible).
I have high hopes for him , but it looks like all our centers are third liners, including ones in NHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad