Prospect Info: Plymouth Summer Showcase

Hughes Hefner

May 12, 2018

Wallinder looks like a complete bust he doesn't have any hockey sense.can't believe Draper and company didn't take Helge Grans instead if they wanted a big sweedish dman, big mistake. Cross Hanas was also a poor 2nd round choice from my views at the summer showcase. Niderbach skating has looked fine plays hard and goes to the tough area's to make a play and has skill, Commismo really made some great saves for usa to keep sweeden off the board today. Niderbach looks bigger to me in live viewing's which is really nice see.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Wallinder looks like a complete bust he doesn't have any hockey sense.can't believe Draper and company didn't take Helge Grans instead if they wanted a big sweedish dman, big mistake.
Grans looks bad also. He is a bit more refined offensively but makes just as many if not more poor decisions.

These kids are super young and it's summer hockey. Let's see what Wallinder looks like a year from now after Rögle has worked with him a bit.

Hughes Hefner

May 12, 2018
Grans looks bad also. He is a bit more refined offensively but makes just as many if not more poor decisions.

These kids are super young and it's summer hockey. Let's see what Wallinder looks like a year from now after Rögle has worked with him a bit.
Agreed, I just see Grans as having more of chance to make it looking at it right now. I just don't think Wallinder can process the game based on his decision making which is very concerning. He's all tool's and no tool box so hopefully he gets good development

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Wallinder looks like a complete bust he doesn't have any hockey sense.can't believe Draper and company didn't take Helge Grans instead if they wanted a big sweedish dman, big mistake. Cross Hanas was also a poor 2nd round choice from my views at the summer showcase. Niderbach skating has looked fine plays hard and goes to the tough area's to make a play and has skill, Commismo really made some great saves for usa to keep sweeden off the board today. Niderbach looks bigger to me in live viewing's which is really nice see.

If you're complaining about Wallinder then you should also be saying the same thing about Helge Grans. That kid is an idiot when defending.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Well, it was hard to draw many positives from the prospects on the U.S. squad today. I will say Buium had a good showing on the white squad. He looked good with and without the puck in both zones. For Sweden, Neiderbach was very engaged with the offense. He manufactured plays with his skating and stickhandling.

Red Savage played with some grit in the second tilt against Finland. I liked the enthusiasm I saw but the U.S. Blue squad was outplayed way more than the score indicated.

Hats off to Sweden and Finland for some well played games today.

Last edited:

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Do people really take these tournaments as anything as far as how good a player is or isn't? To me other than the entertainment side of hockey being played, they are useless from any way of evaluating talent.

Most short tournaments (World Juniors included) show not much, as many times the ones who are great never factor into anything great in the NHL, and vice versa.

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

NDetroitFan

Jan 9, 2017
Macomb, MI
Do people really take these tournaments as anything as far as how good a player is or isn't? To me other than the entertainment side of hockey being played, they are useless from any way of evaluating talent.

Most short tournaments (World Juniors included) show not much, as many times the ones who are great never factor into anything great in the NHL, and vice versa.
Yes, I think the NHL scouting community places quite a bit of value in events such as this. Given the volume of NHL front office staff (GMs, Asst. GMs Scouting Directors, Amateur scouts, Development personnel) that attend this event every year, it’s hard to believe otherwise.

I don’t think they’re going just for entertainment.

Reactions: RabidBadger

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Yes, I think the NHL scouting community places quite a bit of value in events such as this. Given the volume of NHL front office staff (GMs, Asst. GMs Scouting Directors, Amateur scouts, Development personnel) that attend this event every year, it’s hard to believe otherwise.

I don’t think they’re going just for entertainment.

They have realistic expectations though. At the end of the day it is summer hockey.

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad