Prospect Info: Plymouth Summer Showcase

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
It's good, 720p with play-by-play commentary.

Buium continuing to impress. He's so skilled for a big guy and really good on his edges. He activates really smartly in the offensive zone. If he keeps this play up, I can see him making the u20 team for sure.

Is he making plays with the puck well? He seemed indecisive and got his pocket picked a few times when I was there.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

Well you can see the offensive instincts. He's everywhere in that zone except for where you'd expect a defenseman to be with the puck on his stick. I think that kind of movement is something that is super familiar watching Tampa the past few years. They activate their defenseman better than anyone in the sport. Either carrying deep in the zone and looking for a passing lane when a forward crashes the slot, or even being the guy that jumps up into the slot to give their forwards an option. He's going to be a unique one to follow.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
When I scouted Buium I was pretty damn sold on his overall tools and the way he's able to use his mobility, size and good hands to show some real high-end upside, but the problem was that it was quite inconsistent. His overall decision-making is hit or miss but if he can refine that, watch out.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
Game over. Looks like Theo still has zero points in the tournament.

I know it’s just a tournament, but considering he’s older than most of his team, and he’s playing 1st line, I was hoping to see some production.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
Rest assured, with MBH keeping tabs on every player we move on from and ShanahanMan keeping tabs on every prospect in every game they don't score, we will never be allowed to forget what disappointment feels like.

Hey, surprisingly, MBH loved our draft, so I guess I'm the new bonafide "DoomAndGloomer".

JustJokinenAround

just a goofball
Feb 5, 2018
a local rink
It's good, 720p with play-by-play commentary.

Buium continuing to impress. He's so skilled for a big guy and really good on his edges. He activates really smartly in the offensive zone. If he keeps this play up, I can see him making the u20 team for sure.
he was good against sweden today. i thought there were a couple times when he pinched we could have stuck up in the play a bit longer but when he pinches he is smart and can easily get back to cover with his skating. made one pass to nothing in front of his own net under pressure but i thought he was really good

JustJokinenAround

just a goofball
Feb 5, 2018
a local rink
Game over. Looks like Theo still has zero points in the tournament.

I know it’s just a tournament, but considering he’s older than most of his team, and he’s playing 1st line, I was hoping to see some production.
i only watched the one sweden game today but nobody looked all that great on that team

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Liking Buium a lot more ever since I learned he had 17 points his last 20 games and watching the highlights. Still am unsure if we had to trade up to get him seeing as Down was AZ’s pick, but I get it. I’ve warmed considerably on this past draft

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Yeah he’s made good, decisive plays throughout the game, don’t recall any bad plays. Maybe he just needed to get settled in

That's good to hear (actually, read). I agree, he probably had some 1st game jitters. He did progress well as the game went on when I saw him. He was much better without the puck than with. I'm pretty sure sure the nay-sayers would have declared him a bust if they watched the game I did.

Thanks for the updates!

Last edited:

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
Just got home a few minutes ago. Great day up there watching those games. Im gonna rewatch the 2nd game on hockeytv to see if things jive up with what I saw. I was a little star struck today so I wasnt totally focused, lol.

Said Hi to Cleary and congratulated Drapes for the draft. I tried asking him if they had liked McTavish just for my personal curiosity, and he laughed and was like "C'mon i cant tell you that! Id get fired!" I said hi to Jiri Fischer as well. Stevie Y was there, so was Pat Verbeek and Horcoff. Red Savage and his dad were in the seats by the concourse, so I congratulated him for being picked and asked why he wasnt participating. He said hes not hurt but was sick a few days ago so they held him out. Buium came out after his game and was talking to Draper and someone from Denver. I waited and shook his hand, congratulated him and told him he had a good game today. Asked if he felt like he would make the team but he said he had no clue. Very nice kid, he's going to be a monster after a couple years in college. His bio height/weight are not exaggerated at all. Carter Mazur's Dad was there, he complimented my Datsyuk jersey and had a nice Wings #43 Mazur jersey on himself so I said thanks, you too and congratulated him for Carter. Also saw Shane Doan, Keith Tkachuk, and Mel Pearson. Oh and Matty Beniers was walking around so I told him congrats as well. I had a sharpie, but couldnt bring myself to actually bother anybody for an autograph. I ended up having like a 5 minute convo with Art Regner and asked how upset he was about not getting Wallstedt. He was very nice and talked up Cossa, mentioned how high the wings were on Viro, and talked some of the UFAs.

Quicks impressions....Teddy did ok, team Sweden still looks really discombobulated though. He just isnt meshing with his linemates, and they tried a few different combos. He was very pissed at the end result, he stewed on the bench for an extra minute when the horn went and was mad during the anthem. Wallinder did look a little better defensively from what I could see. Thought Buium looked pretty damn good out there. Viro obviously as well. Hanas did pretty well for himself, I was suprised to not see him in the OT or shootout. Mazur was noticeable physically, and had at least one really good look but otherwise was just ok.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad