Prospect Info: Plymouth Summer Showcase

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Just got home a few minutes ago. Great day up there watching those games. Im gonna rewatch the 2nd game on hockeytv to see if things jive up with what I saw. I was a little star struck today so I wasnt totally focused, lol.

Said Hi to Cleary and congratulated Drapes for the draft. I tried asking him if they had liked McTavish just for my personal curiosity, and he laughed and was like "C'mon i cant tell you that! Id get fired!" I said hi to Jiri Fischer as well. Stevie Y was there, so was Pat Verbeek and Horcoff. Red Savage and his dad were in the seats by the concourse, so I congratulated him for being picked and asked why he wasnt participating. He said hes not hurt but was sick a few days ago so they held him out. Buium came out after his game and was talking to Draper and someone from Denver. I waited and shook his hand, congratulated him and told him he had a good game today. Asked if he felt like he would make the team but he said he had no clue. Very nice kid, he's going to be a monster after a couple years in college. His bio height/weight are not exaggerated at all. Carter Mazur's Dad was there, he complimented my Datsyuk jersey and had a nice Wings #43 Mazur jersey on himself so I said thanks, you too and congratulated him for Carter. Also saw Shane Doan, Keith Tkachuk, and Mel Pearson. Oh and Matty Beniers was walking around so I told him congrats as well. I had a sharpie, but couldnt bring myself to actually bother anybody for an autograph. I ended up having like a 5 minute convo with Art Regner and asked how upset he was about not getting Wallstedt. He was very nice and talked up Cossa, mentioned how high the wings were on Viro, and talked some of the UFAs.

Quicks impressions....Teddy did ok, team Sweden still looks really discombobulated though. He just isnt meshing with his linemates, and they tried a few different combos. He was very pissed at the end result, he stewed on the bench for an extra minute when the horn went and was mad during the anthem. Wallinder did look a little better defensively from what I could see. Thought Buium looked pretty damn good out there. Viro obviously as well. Hanas did pretty well for himself, I was suprised to not see him in the OT or shootout. Mazur was noticeable physically, and had at least one really good look but otherwise was just ok.

That's cool, thanks for sharing!

Were your ears ringing after that chat with Art?

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Just got home a few minutes ago. Great day up there watching those games. Im gonna rewatch the 2nd game on hockeytv to see if things jive up with what I saw. I was a little star struck today so I wasnt totally focused, lol.

Said Hi to Cleary and congratulated Drapes for the draft. I tried asking him if they had liked McTavish just for my personal curiosity, and he laughed and was like "C'mon i cant tell you that! Id get fired!" I said hi to Jiri Fischer as well. Stevie Y was there, so was Pat Verbeek and Horcoff. Red Savage and his dad were in the seats by the concourse, so I congratulated him for being picked and asked why he wasnt participating. He said hes not hurt but was sick a few days ago so they held him out. Buium came out after his game and was talking to Draper and someone from Denver. I waited and shook his hand, congratulated him and told him he had a good game today. Asked if he felt like he would make the team but he said he had no clue. Very nice kid, he's going to be a monster after a couple years in college. His bio height/weight are not exaggerated at all. Carter Mazur's Dad was there, he complimented my Datsyuk jersey and had a nice Wings #43 Mazur jersey on himself so I said thanks, you too and congratulated him for Carter. Also saw Shane Doan, Keith Tkachuk, and Mel Pearson. Oh and Matty Beniers was walking around so I told him congrats as well. I had a sharpie, but couldnt bring myself to actually bother anybody for an autograph. I ended up having like a 5 minute convo with Art Regner and asked how upset he was about not getting Wallstedt. He was very nice and talked up Cossa, mentioned how high the wings were on Viro, and talked some of the UFAs.

Quicks impressions....Teddy did ok, team Sweden still looks really discombobulated though. He just isnt meshing with his linemates, and they tried a few different combos. He was very pissed at the end result, he stewed on the bench for an extra minute when the horn went and was mad during the anthem. Wallinder did look a little better defensively from what I could see. Thought Buium looked pretty damn good out there. Viro obviously as well. Hanas did pretty well for himself, I was suprised to not see him in the OT or shootout. Mazur was noticeable physically, and had at least one really good look but otherwise was just ok.
I'm heading up this Friday. Is it pretty chill for regular old joe schmos to have quick chats with people like that? Just want to gauge the atmosphere before I go.

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
That's cool, thanks for sharing!

Were your ears ringing after that chat with Art?
Ha! Nope, I think he just has one loudness setting and it doesnt matter if a mic is in his face or not so hes loud on broadcasts. Honestly enjoyed the conversation with him, and he didnt make me feel like I was a nuissance or something, so I have a new found respect for the guy!

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
I'm heading up this Friday. Is it pretty chill for regular old joe schmos to have quick chats with people like that? Just want to gauge the atmosphere before I go.
It was kinda hard to say anything more than in passing. They are usually standing around talking to people they know, just gotta pick a good time. I didnt want to butt in or make an ass of myself more than necessary. But its one of the only events that is intimate enough for the run ins to happen naturally IMO.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
It was kinda hard to say anything more than in passing. They are usually standing around talking to people they know, just gotta pick a good time. I didnt want to butt in or make an ass of myself more than necessary. But its one of the only events that is intimate enough for the run ins to happen naturally IMO.
cool, sounds like fun. My chief concern is making an ass of myself and feeling out of place (social anxiety, yay) but it seems like it's not gonna be an issue. Thanks!

Reactions: jfrank21

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Ha! Nope, I think he just has one loudness setting and it doesnt matter if a mic is in his face or not so hes loud on broadcasts. Honestly enjoyed the conversation with him, and he didnt make me feel like I was a nuissance or something, so I have a new found respect for the guy!

That's awesome! I was just joking initially, I don't mind Art. He seems like someone who would be fun to have a conversation with :)

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
cool, sounds like fun. My chief concern is making an ass of myself and feeling out of place (social anxiety, yay) but it seems like it's not gonna be an issue. Thanks!
Believe me, Im right there with you...but I think youll enjoy yourself! Just dont go in thinking youll be bffs with Draper by the end of the day, lol.

Reactions: NickH8

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Liking Buium a lot more ever since I learned he had 17 points his last 20 games and watching the highlights. Still am unsure if we had to trade up to get him seeing as Down was AZ’s pick, but I get it. I’ve warmed considerably on this past draft
Not to put expectations on him, and correct me anyone if you disagree, but from what little I've seen he reminds me a bit of K'Andre Miller in his draft year - and I was really high on Miller back then.

Last edited:

Christien

May 1, 2010
Sweden vs. USA is about to get underway. Niederbach, Wallinder, Hanas, and Mazur all in this one

Reactions: David D

Christien

May 1, 2010
Hanas with a powerplay assist. Nice to see him on the powerplay, they've only been using him on the PK for some reason, I think that the PP better fits his skillset.

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
Hard to take much out of these games, I just watched the 2nd period of the USA vs Sweden game. Wallinder looks alright but doesn't stand out, his guy scored on the 4th goal against although wasn't his fault. Niederbach looks like Swedens best forward although not saying much. Mazur hasn't stood out, Hanas took a bad penalty to put USA down 5 on 3.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Mazur had some nice work setting up a goal with hard work behind the net. Unfortunately Wallinder was looking a bit lost on that particular goal.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Raty has ANOTHER goal. He's scored in every game he's played in (including a 4 goal game in the 1st one).

Can't believe we passed.

Well he is a sure star now scoring all those goals in a meaningless tournament.

Forget about the fact he was horrible last year scoring only 3 goals and 6 points in 35 games. While being so bad that he was left of the WJC roster.

Christien

May 1, 2010
I still think Niederbach's been one of Sweden's best forwards. That Swedish team just can't get anything going

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish

Forget about the fact he was horrible last year scoring only 3 goals and 6 points in 35 games. While being so bad that he was left of the WJC roster.

I get your angle about performance in this exhibition to a point. I've seen Dach look like Bambi on his skates, Poehling dominate, Turcotte be virtually invisible, etc. Those performances are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

This is also a make or break showing for a lot of players to make their respective national teams and raise their profile. More often than not, these games look more like actual tournament games than exhibitions.

Reactions: Go Wings

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan

Fair point, but Raymond didn't exactly light it up last year in pro's and I don't think we're all rushing to crucify him right?

Listen, I'm fine with no taking him 1-30, but in the 30's I think he would have been a solid pick.

Reactions: Henkka

Astyanax

May 5, 2020

Nice read. Thanks for sharing. Surprised to hear they can't share draft info after the fact.

BeersHockey

Jun 15, 2011
Chicago, IL
Nice read. Thanks for sharing. Surprised to hear they can't share draft info after the fact.
I think its for a couple of reasons: first, you want to be able to tell Edvinsson that he was top of your board and you'd have taken him at #1; second, I think it's a big no-no that teams comment on other teams prospects or players like that. It's not technically tampering, but it's right there.

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
Yeah, it makes sense. Plus you dont want to tip your hand into just how much you like a guy in case of trades down the road. Or maybe Drapes just felt like blowing me off, lol. Who knows?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad