Prospect Info: Plymouth Summer Showcase

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
So outside of this tournament, what else is on the schedule to get a look at some of these kids. Mainly Cossa, and Evidsson.

Is the prospect camp actually happening this year like it normally used to or not the case?

Reactions: David D

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Maybe we can convert him to wing? He’s got good offensive tools.

His offensive tools are pretty special. The kid could easily be written off if it weren't for them. Converting him to forward at this stage seems unlikely, and I'd rather see him develop his defensive game to an acceptable level, but who knows.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Should have taken Peterka, Khusnutdinov or Gunler for sure.

Yeah...

I'll admit I was all aboard the Wallinder train after seeing how good a skater he was at the junior level but the defensive side of the game just isn't coming along like we'd all hoped. In hindsight we should have gone for Peterka. That kid looks like he could be another Fabbri type of winger.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
His offensive tools are pretty special. The kid could easily be written off if it weren't for them. Converting him to forward at this stage seems unlikely, and I'd rather see him develop his defensive game to an acceptable level, but who knows.
Can we convert him into Cholowski

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Wallinder with ANOTHER goal against. That’s -3 now.

Jesus, why did we draft this kid again?

If there is something I love doing, it is focusing on one game as my barometer for something being a good move or not. That bender Nick Lidstrom once had a -4 night against Rory Fitzpatrick. I mean, 4 goals against when he's on the ice? Who does that?

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Are we really gonna do this whole hot take theater for every tournament? I just need to know so I can prepare for how outraged I should be. Raty had a good showing in this game. What does he do in the next couple months and next couple years.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Anyone got a link to the swedish or Finnish rosters? I can't seem to find them. I'll be there Friday so I'm excited to get some viewings in

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Not sure if serious, but when the scouting report on a kid is that he's a high upside player who is very raw and hasn't really been in a good development system we should probably give it more than 1 year to write him off.

Wallinder is a long development player, this is an important year for him at Rogle though. We need to see some steps forward, but yes he was always a longer term project. You would like to see some errors not repeated at times was one of my frustrations when I did get to see him last year.

If there is something I love doing, it is focusing on one game as my barometer for something being a good move or not. That bender Nick Lidstrom once had a -4 night against Rory Fitzpatrick. I mean, 4 goals against when he's on the ice? Who does that?

One night isn't a good idea, but I do think it is time for Wallinder to start progressing a little more from what I have seen thus far. That is as somebody that was very high on him and ecstatic to get him. Stop me if you have heard this before with some of our recent problems on the back-end but Wallinder needs to get more assertive and consistent. Most young D-man do, but yes it is important we start seeing it more and more.

The other thing all this stock piling of picks and prospects is doing though is you start to see the number of spots shrinking. The idea that we could someday have a left-side with Edvinsson and Wallinder on it is intriguing, but these spots are going to be earned. One of the lefties could be pushed to the right, who knows down the road but one can be replaced by Johansson or Buium, maybe Sebrango knocks it out of the park or McIsaac is gets it going, Viro has looked really solid. Not sure who wins, but I think we get a really good three out of that, some are flipped for assets, but the competition for spots internally should be a lot higher. We haven't had that same thing since the late 00's in a massive way. Curious to see how that helps shape the pool. There is a real crush of roster spaces that should come here in the not too distant future. I am excited for what that brings out of our talent pool though.

Last edited:

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
Just an update for Sweden/ USA blue game. Wallinder was scratched, guessing that it was just so Swe could rotate their D and get some looks from other guys. Teddy had another quiet game. His line scored on the PP but otherwise didnt really notice him aside from the occasional defensive play. Lysell was the most noticeable swe forward, but it was just because he was all over the place and darting through traffic.
For USA blue, Hanas and Lucius had some nice plays, but it was moreso Lucius who stood out. Hanas had a few looks but typically shot into someones shin pads. Mazur obviously had the gwg, and was mentioned a few times during the broadcast, overall had a solid night aside from a bad penalty. Buium was pretty steady, broke up a few plays but didnt notice much else from him. It was a good game but none of our guys really "popped" to me. Mazur was probably the guy who I noticed the most throughout the game (as far as our prospects were concerned).

Reactions: ChadS and David D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad