Please put John Hynes out of our misery thread. Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
Yeah of course now all the hatchet job stories and rumors come out

just sounds like sour grapes to me

It’s not exactly an uncommon practice. There is always a team bravado to “keep it in the locker room”. Sometimes to a detriment. Furthermore, you wouldn’t want to cross Babcock if half the stories are true, especially when he abuses his power of control.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Our GM brought over a bunch of his buddies from ****tsburgh when he got here. RED FLAG.
'Coming from Pittsburgh' is the wrong reason to fire the brass. Would you be against hiring Barry Trotz because he is currently coaching the Islanders?

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Just because it's coming out now doesn't mean it didn't happen or that Babcock isn't an *******.
I don't think anyone is saying that but more or less saying the media kept this one in their pocket bc if they wrote about it they'd be cut off. Now that Babcock is gone there will be more piling on. That's all.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
'Coming from Pittsburgh' is the wrong reason to fire the brass. Would you be against hiring Barry Trotz because he is currently coaching the Islanders?
In and of itself it’s not a good reason. But it’s a red flag for me because I don’t respect anything about how that organization “built” itself as a winner...which is to say it really didn’t. They purposely tanked for years on end until they finally lucked out with not one but two generational talents. They did nothing special in terms of acquiring other talent or outstanding coaching, they brought in just enough to win a single championship up until that point (and it doesn’t take much additional talent when you have Crosby and Malkin on your roster). That’s not the type of philosophy or culture or history of roster building that I wanted for this franchise.

But alas here we are...

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
yes, an 18-19 year old is not a child. Especially one who already living on their own and has a high paying professional job.

Don’t take this as defending Babcock. In the other thread I mention why it is a bull**** divide and conquest psychological tactic. But that has nothing to do with Marner’s age at the time.
It doesn't matter what you have or what you do, if the rumor is true that he cried after this is true, it's hard to argue he isn't still a child at that point.

It's all perspective, to a toddler, he's an adult. To someone like Joe Thorton, he's very much a child.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
It doesn't matter what you have or what you do, if the rumor is true that he cried after this is true, it's hard to argue he isn't still a child at that point.

It's all perspective, to a toddler, he's an adult. To someone like Joe Thorton, he's very much a child.
You don't need to be a child to cry about psychological abuse, this is a really ridiculous take.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
You don't need to be a child to cry about psychological abuse, this is a really ridiculous take.
What Babcock did was horrible, but he essentially just embarrassed him in front of his teammates, to call it psychological abuse might be pushing it a bit. Just looking at our team, I don't think Hall, Subban or Greene would cry if put in this position, but I could see Hughes being embarrassed enough to. The biggest difference? Age.

All speculation admittedly, but, IMO he was still a child at that point, that's all.

I think most agree Babcock is a dick and that was a shitty move, but if the only argument now keeping it alive is whether or not Marner was a child, I'm fine with backing down to end this.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I think the point is that Babcock picked the player with the least life experience for exploitative reasons. A veteran player is a lot more likely to tell him to go F yourself and trade me while you're at it.

Reactions: My3Sons

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
What Babcock did was horrible, but he essentially just embarrassed him in front of his teammates, to call it psychological abuse might be pushing it a bit. Just looking at our team, I don't think Hall, Subban or Greene would cry if put in this position, but I could see Hughes being embarrassed enough to. The biggest difference? Age.

All speculation admittedly, but, IMO he was still a child at that point, that's all.

I think most agree Babcock is a dick and that was a ****ty move, but if the only argument now keeping it alive is whether or not Marner was a child, I'm fine with backing down to end this.
I disagree. I would say experience has much more to do with it, which often goes along with age.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

I think most agree Babcock is a dick and that was a ****ty move, but if the only argument now keeping it alive is whether or not Marner was a child, I'm fine with backing down to end this.
I don't think it's pushing it at all, this kind of behavior in any other kind of workplace is psychological abuse and a red flag that the person in charge is abusive. There have been tons of studies done on management styles like this, and none of them have came to a positive conclusion about it.

Just because it's a hockey team, that shouldn't give you a free pass to treat your underlings like this.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I think the point is that Babcock picked the player with the least life experience for exploitative reasons. A veteran player is a lot more likely to tell him to go F yourself and trade me while you're at it.
A player who has some tenure in the NHL is going to feel a lot more comfortable with their career position, and will have more experiences with coaches who aren't using psychopathic behavior to manage the team, so they will definitely be more able and willing to push back on this type of thing.

Reactions: Tretyak 20

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I don't think it's pushing it at all, this kind of behavior in any other kind of workplace is psychological abuse and a red flag that the person in charge is abusive. There have been tons of studies done on management styles like this, and none of them have came to a positive conclusion about it.

Just because it's a hockey team, that shouldn't give you a free pass to treat your underlings like this.

It seriously does sound like he's on the spectrum for Narcissistic Personality Disorder. F-ed up.

Reactions: Blender

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The billboard donation is up to like $69,000 lol

What's the link? I found one, but it had a whopping $25 donation......... from the person who started it. Womp womp womp

Where are you seeing this? And an average cost of a billboard is only $2000 a month.

Yup. Makes no sense. You could run a billboard in TIMES SQUARE for a while with $69k. I call BS.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
The Fire Hynes Project is supposed to happen this weekend against the Rags lol. That could get really ugly if the Ranger fans get involved too.
I hope after that game we are on a 3 game win streak.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
What's the link? I found one, but it had a whopping $25 donation......... from the person who started it. Womp womp womp

Yup. Makes no sense. You could run a billboard in TIMES SQUARE for a while with $69k. I call BS.
But you did read about it on the internet so it must have some validity......

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

It's also not well thought out as I doubt he's going to be able to run a billboard for only 1 month even if he did get this funded.
They're usually sold in something like quarterly-blocks in big cities.

Also, there's the fact he's not thinking about the realization that you actually have to MAKE the billboard, which costs money as well.

thought-through.gif

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
The screenshot had the money collected at $69,420. If you think that's real you need to get examined by a neurologist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad