Please put John Hynes out of our misery thread. Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
The screenshot had the money collected at $69,420. If you think that's real you need to get examined by a neurologist
The fake news and conspiracy theory epidemic show that a huge amount of people may in fact need to get examined by a neurologist.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
What Babcock did was horrible, but he essentially just embarrassed him in front of his teammates, to call it psychological abuse might be pushing it a bit. Just looking at our team, I don't think Hall, Subban or Greene would cry if put in this position, but I could see Hughes being embarrassed enough to. The biggest difference? Age.

All speculation admittedly, but, IMO he was still a child at that point, that's all.

I think most agree Babcock is a dick and that was a ****ty move, but if the only argument now keeping it alive is whether or not Marner was a child, I'm fine with backing down to end this.

I think Hughes would laugh and say I'm not doing that.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
In my opinion, the best "cause" to donate to is YOU. ;)

Don't give away money to any charity 'cause I think a good portion of that money lands in the organizers' pockets.
I remember giving money to a panhandler in NYC once cause he was holding a sign saying "Need money for drugs and alcohol". Does that count?

Reactions: glenwo2

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I'm starting to seriously wonder about the cult leader theory. Rachel Doerrie, who no longer works for the Devils, was even saying he was a good coach on Puck Soup today.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
I'm starting to seriously wonder about the cult leader theory. Rachel Doerrie, who no longer works for the Devils, was even saying he was a good coach on Puck Soup today.

How is someone considered a good coach without quantifiable evidence? Because he's a nice guy and the players like him? It doesn't make sense to me.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
If John Hynes isn't believed to be the "issue" what is then? What are we to believe the problem is then?

Team chemistry? It's not like our lineup is weak. On paper, I believe we have a lineup that should be at least playoff competitive. Not draft competitive.

Is it the assistants? Well then, fire Nas and everyone other than Hynes if that's the case and bring in some new faces and see if there is improvement that way.

Yet, for the life of me, I cannot get to any conclusion other than this coming down to poor coaching. You cannot underpreform for a coach, not buy into a coaches system, not show significant growth under the system that coach implements and then in the same breath claim that coach is a net benefit to the club.

That logic is circular and makes no sense whatsoever.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Hynes seems to think that rotating the lineup is the primary ingredient to winning games apparently. Let’s say he sees Bratt and Zacha as bottom six players. On what planet is the bottom six the key to winning on an offensively starved team? If you never get your top six to play better you really think the team will become better consistently sticking it to young players in the bottom six? Minimal of any changes in your system? While I’d agree there are not enough guys willing to pay the physical price right now I think the main offender who is playing for his next contract is setting the bad tone that trickles down. Maybe give him a “maintenance” game off.

Reactions: njd118

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Abbey followed up that she usually gets better answers the next day after guys have watched tape.

Nothing will happen with it, "we had a look and some of our guys were trying to force plays that weren't there. We need to be better at executing yadda yadda."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad