Playoffs, Draft and lotto format announced - Are you happy with the format for the habs, or no?

Are you happy with the draft, lotto + playoff format from a Habs perspective?

• Total voters

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Why not? This cute little summer tournament has really nothing to do with the past season. Heck, even taking the standings to determine the teams is ridiculous. They're not starting before July, which is 3 months off, that's as long as a normal off season.
We sucked all year, the outcome of this silly tournament is irrelevant to whether or not we should be in the lotto. We absolutely should.
We are the 8th worst team per the regular season, with a terrible coach dragging us down. That should not give us yet another top-3 pick, in principle. If we get to the final eight, even in a flawed format, that still does not put us "really" in 29th to 31st place.

Now, if we lose to Pittsburgh, we will have some chance to get a top-3 pick, but not a big chance, and that is fine.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
The one good thing about this is the young guys get to participate in a training camp. That will be good experience for them, especially if Romanov and Kotkaniemi get to participate. The 7 teams not in this might not skate together again until December.

Reactions: Habitant le colon

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
We are the 8th worst team per the regular season, with a terrible coach dragging us down. That should not give us yet another top-3 pick, in principle. If we get to the final eight, even in a flawed format, that still does not put us "really" in 29th to 31st place.

Now, if we lose to Pittsburgh, we will have some chance to get a top-3 pick, but not a big chance, and that is fine.
Our chances are lower than in a regular draft.

Habitant le colon

Un partisan
Feb 6, 2008
another planet
The one good thing about this is the young guys get to participate in a training camp. That will be good experience for them, especially if Romanov and Kotkaniemi get to participate. The 7 teams not in this might not skate together again until December.
Having them to groom to close to our team in the system is a pure joy to me. We no longer have Lefebvre in the way :P !

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
I've seen enough prospects come and go in years before, I don't really care about them until they're drafted.
Too many Nail Yakuflops, but Alexis has intangibles for a team like the Habs other don't.
That’s a really uninformed boring opinion. There are several prospects worth building around and that can help us. Maybe be a little more informed.

Our prospects are our way out of this mess. If not, we’re not winning anything anytime soon.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
That’s a really uninformed boring opinion. There are several prospects worth building around and that can help us. Maybe be a little more informed.

Our prospects are our way out of this mess. If not, we’re not winning anything anytime soon.

Maybe the 20th season of Price's career will be the one where he wills us to victory without a single superstar on offense. Anything can happen when you have Price!!

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014

It take a special kind of player to take Weal's spot on the PP man.

Reactions: Omar

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I was happier knowing we were guaranteed not pick lower than 9th.

Our group will find a way to beat Pittsburgh only to lose in the next round like the losers they are.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Great point.. King, Martinsen, Ott.. maybe Bergevin didn't add ENOUGH grit

I love you as a poster and have read many of your content for years. But even I think you’re too negative at this point. It is what it is at this point. I’m pissed we potentially won’t get a top 10 draft pick in each round. But I can’t just throw my passion for the team away either. We all know Bergevin is a clown. But I don’t think him failing massively in the regular season again this year would’ve done anything when it comes to Molson. We’re basically stuck regardless of where we finish.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I was happier knowing we were guaranteed not pick lower than 9th.

Our group will find a way to beat Pittsburgh only to lose in the next round like the losers they are.

I really don't see us beating a healthy Pens team. The only way is if they have a major goaltending fail.

I would guess we get swept or win one game.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I really don't see us beating a healthy Pens team. The only way is if they have a major goaltending fail.

I would guess we get swept or win one game.

No one thought we’d beat the caps or pens in 2010, and somehow we did.

Historically this team always seems to find a way to overachieve, I just hope this isn’t one of those times.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I love you as a poster and have read many of your content for years. But even I think you’re too negative at this point. It is what it is at this point. I’m pissed we potentially won’t get a top 10 draft pick in each round. But I can’t just throw my passion for the team away either. We all know Bergevin is a clown. But I don’t think him failing massively in the regular season again this year would’ve done anything when it comes to Molson. We’re basically stuck regardless of where we finish.

I'm just making fun of the reality that when we had Price at his absolute best. He added role players instead of addressing scoring. Which is what did us in.

Nothing will make Molson fire Bergevin but better prospects and picks is the best scenario while we wait it out..

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
You can never have too many 4th liners.
Depth over talent is the key to remaining mediocre. There are times when I think that the NHL must be paying Molson to keep the team as shitty as possible. A cash gain for Molson just like all of his other business interests. Post sponsored by indica homegrown with a little whiskey sprinkled in.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012

Historically this team always seems to find a way to overachieve, I just hope this isn’t one of those times.

Looking back at the standings that year. Wow Washington had a great regular season. 54-15-13 for 121 points. 8 points better than any team. Montreal on the other hand was 33 points behind that at 88 points. They were the 19th ranked team in the league going into the playoffs. Anything is possible.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

Agreed. The worst thing would be to win a Cup and then Molson will think Bergevin knows what he is doing and not fire him.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00