Line Combos: Playoffs and the Healthy Roster

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Need to stack the top line. Enough of this spread out ****. Hoffman should not be playing on a line matched up with Bergeron, Marchand and Backes? Why would we choose to play him against their #1 line that is also great defensively?

Mac - Turris - Ryan --> Score
Hoffman - Brassard - Stone --> Score more
Smith - Pageau - Pyatt --> Shutdown line
Stalberg - Wingels - Burrows --> mix of O, D, grit, the jack of all trades line

If they wanna get Dzingel in over Wingels (which I dont agree with becuase Wingels actually played good).

Bottom 6:

Burrows - Pageau - Pyatt
Stalberg - Smith - Dzingel

Smith at this point should stya out of the top 6.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Whats the point of having MacArthur back when that will take out Dzingle out of the lineup. Dzingle has speed, handles the puck, back checks, make plays. We need that in the bottom six.

Our coach won't let White play because he is a rookie and can't handle playoff pressure on 4th line? While, MacVoy led all skaters in Ice-team playing top paring minutes on defense.

Stack top 2 lines and fill the rest with best possible remaining players

Hoffman - Turris - Stone
MacArthur - Brassard - Ryan
Dzingle - Pageau - Smith
Stalberg - White - Burrows

Pyatt
Wingels

Too much grit and not much scoring..

I don't think Boucher is going to be a good coach for any of our current/future young players. His attention to detail is second to none, and I don't think that he has the patience for them.

White and Chabot will both eventually get their chance due to being high profile prospects.

But as for the rest, unless one of them explodes in huge way, I will be suprised if Brown, Chlapik, Perron, ect, ever get any real minutes under Boucher's tenure here. At least not on his current contract.

He's very much about winning and only winning (which increases his value as coach), and not interested in developing players. Not that you can really blame him either.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I don't think Boucher is going to be a good coach for any of our current/future young players. His attention to detail is second to none, and I don't think that he has the patience for them.

White and Chabot will both eventually get their chance due to being high profile prospects.

But as for the rest, unless one of them explodes in huge way, I will be suprised if Brown, Chlapik, Perron, ect, ever get any real minutes under Boucher's tenure here. At least not on his current contract.

He's very much about winning and only winning (which increases his value as coach), and not interested in developing players. Not that you can really blame him either.

I think he has to accept some responsibility to get some select young players in the lineup and coach them up. Bingo this year was a tire fire and by my estimation not a great development environment. Sens have to fix that.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I think there are a lot of conclusions being made with little evidence here. Or perhaps I am just having a different perspective.

We didn't really have any youngsters ready to at at beginning of year and given that Boucher was completely altering our strategies I can understand why he didn't play Chabot much.

He required the best who were going to play all season to get acclimated to it.

Now it is do or die so throwing in a rookie isn't ideal considering the amount of depth we have at the bottom part of the lineup.

I want White in myself but I can't blame Boucher for looking elsewhere.

This feels like a bandaid move though...the 4th line isn't why we lost. This smacks of the "old days" with Greening being swapped for Smith or Condra.. .deck chairs on the titanic.

Aurilius

Nov 12, 2015
Hostage in Canada's Basement

This is a good thing imo. We need to stop rushing players up. build them in Bingo/now Belleville. The NHL is not development league, when they come up they need to be ready. Boucher will force this change in our development program. Our prospects are allways massively overhyped, because we hold them up as the potential saviors of our weak roster.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
This is a good thing imo. We need to stop rushing players up. build them in Bingo/now Belleville. The NHL is not development league, when they come up they need to be ready. Boucher will force this change in our development program. Our prospects are allways massively overhyped, because we hold them up as the potential saviors of our weak roster.

Every team does that even the Caps and Pens.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

I think it comes down to contracts too & IMO there will likely be at least 20 players returning for next season unless they decide not to resign a few players. I would also guess that GB wants certain guys & based on what we have seen from this coach & from what he has said that it's quite likely we won't see any rookies in this lineup nest season unless through injuries. Personally, I think this roster needs some personnel changes specifically a #1 centre or another goal scoring winger.
Why is Stalberg out?

Nagging upper body injury is what the talking heads are saying.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Who comes in for Boro? Claesson or Harpur?

Simmer was saying he'd go for Ben given his size. I like Claesson's shot.

Did Dzingel show enough to stay in over Wingels? Other than drawing a tripping call, I didn't see much from him.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Who comes in for Boro? Claesson or Harpur?

Simmer was saying he'd go for Ben given his size. I like Claesson's shot.

Did Dzingel show enough to stay in over Wingels? Other than drawing a tripping call, I didn't see much from him.

I'd go Harpur ... I really liked his poise in the D zone. He is good on the offensive blueline as well.

I would also go with Wingels ... we need to be more physical imo. Wingels was noticeably good in game 1.

If Stalberg is only 75% as he appeared in g2. Dzingel should come in for him.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
I'd prefer to play Claesson with Karlsson and shift Methot and Phaneuf to other pairings.
Claesson - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Wideman
Methot - Ceci

Although we'll probably just see Harpur replace Borowiecki if he isn't 100%.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
I'd go Harpur ... I really liked his poise in the D zone. He is good on the offensive blueline as well.

I would also go with Wingels ... we need to be more physical imo. Wingels was noticeably good in game 1.

If Stalberg is only 75% as he appeared in g2. Dzingel should come in for him.

I agree. Stalberg should rest up, bring in Wingels.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Stalberg couldn't get the puck deep in the zone on 3 easy plays yesterday, so frustrating to watch them try to change and flub the puck. On another note, Methot was dying that entire game with the pain from his finger, feel bad for the guy, he was constantly looking at his hand during his shifts and labouring on the bench, Claesson should be playing. I'm curious if its Methot's call to be playing right now

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Stalberg is very clearly injured, and with the way Wingels played in game 1 I'm not opposed to swapping them for a few games until Stalberg is more effective. Also not opposed to playing with 11F and 7D in Boston (might help to have 7D with Meth playing hurt and we can mix and match with the 4th line).

Hoffman - Pageau - Stone
MacArthur - Brass - Ryan
Smith - Turris - Burrows
Dzingel - (Wingels) - Pyatt

Methot - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Harpur - Wideman
(Claesson)

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
I think either way we shouldn't see Stalberg in next as game as he's not even close to being healthy enough to make a difference right now. Regarding who should come in for Boro......I don't think there's a wrong answer between Harpur and Claesson.

Perhaps we see Harpur in though as his game is a bit better suited to the bottom pairing minutes that Boro normally gets with Wideman. Wingels should be in for Stalberg though next game....unless of course we go 7 D (which as another poster has pointed out could be ideal given Methot was very noticeably in serious discomfort all of game 2).

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Theodore, Kapanen, Tkachuck, Marner, Fiala, McAvoy

Rookies are killing it, we need to put Colin White in.

Hoffman-Pageau-Stone
MaCarthur-Turris-Ryan
White-Brassard-Burrows << what a skilled pest line this would be.
Dzingel-Smith-Pyatt

Claesson-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Wideman
Methot-Ceci

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad