Line Combos: Playoffs and the Healthy Roster

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
It's between Wingels and White to take Pyatt's spot.

I'd like to see White there, but it will probably be Wingels.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
White only goes in if all of the other vets sitting out are already in.

I think so too, I just don't see this coach playing White, but I didn't think he would play Harpur either & he is. I think it will either be Kelly or Wingels & more likely Wingels.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I think so too, I just don't see this coach playing White, but I didn't think he would play Harpur either & he is. I think it will either be Kelly or Wingels & more likely Wingels.

That's true.

However, the alternative is Claesson and it's not as if he has a lot of experience either.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
That's true.

However, the alternative is Claesson and it's not as if he has a lot of experience either.

But Claesson was here first & he was playing well as well, two wells don't make it right. :shakehead

You got to wonder what happens with Claesson & Jopipakka (Kevin) with the emergence of Harpur. I would guess one of them will be dealt at the draft for a pick even if LV takes a defenceman. I think Kevin is an RFA so he could play in Bellville but Claesson at his age could get moved.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I'd rather have Wingels than Neil if we need physicality.

He's plenty physical himself and he can skate.

Neil is more physical than Wingels and he tends to make big hits in the playoffs. Going back into our arena for game 5 means that our crowd can impact the game. Neil is great at getting the crowd going and at stepping up big to generate momentum.

Wingels may have better foot speed and the ability to play PK, but Neil is much better at generating momentum and at getting the team going when we need a spark.

Also the Bruins D are already injured so they have many inexperienced players in. Neil is one of our best forecheckers and could get the inexperienced Bruins d to start panicking. If they panic that could lead to turnovers which in turn could lead to goals.

Overall for Neil's ability to generate momentum, to get the crowd going and to punish inexperienced d he seems like the best option to put in.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I love Neiler, but the guy is done.

He can't keep up with our system. Maybe under Cameron, when we would just send bodies flying into the offensive zone to try to pressure deep, sure. But not Boucher. We thrive off of forcing turnovers just across blue line, and that's just about the last thing Neil is good at.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Neil is more physical than Wingels and he tends to make big hits in the playoffs. Going back into our arena for game 5 means that our crowd can impact the game. Neil is great at getting the crowd going and at stepping up big to generate momentum.

Wingels may have better foot speed and the ability to play PK, but Neil is much better at generating momentum and at getting the team going when we need a spark.

Also the Bruins D are already injured so they have many inexperienced players in. Neil is one of our best forecheckers and could get the inexperienced Bruins d to start panicking. If they panic that could lead to turnovers which in turn could lead to goals.

Overall for Neil's ability to generate momentum, to get the crowd going and to punish inexperienced d he seems like the best option to put in.

:handclap:

Put Neil & Boro back in there, keep Harpur & take out Wideman.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Hello Sens fans! I was hoping you could help me out with something.

I'm doing some adjustments on the rosters for my NHL 17 game. I'm currently fixing the Senators team, but I struggle to narrow it down to a 23 man roster.

These are the 24 names currently on the squad:

Forwards: Brassard, Turris, Pageau, Kelly, Stone, Hoffman, Ryan, Smith, Burrows, Wingels, Stalberg, Neil, Dzingel, Pyatt
Defensemen: Karlsson, Methot, Borowiecki, Phaneuf, Ceci, Claesson, Wideman, Jokipakka
Goalies: Anderson, Condon

Now I wonder ...

a) When everyone is healthy, who would be the most likely candidate to be demoted to the AHL?

b) Based on this roster, how should I put together the lines and pairings to best reflect a healthy Senators lineup?

Thanks.

Edit: I've decided to keep MacArthur off the team because he's played so little.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Hello Sens fans! I was hoping you could help me out with something.

I'm doing some adjustments on the rosters for my NHL 17 game. I'm currently fixing the Senators team, but I struggle to narrow it down to a 23 man roster.

These are the 24 names currently on the squad:

Forwards: Brassard, Turris, Pageau, Kelly, Stone, Hoffman, Ryan, Smith, Burrows, Wingels, Stalberg, Neil, Dzingel, Pyatt
Defensemen: Karlsson, Methot, Borowiecki, Phaneuf, Ceci, Claesson, Wideman, Jokipakka
Goalies: Anderson, Condon

Now I wonder ...

a) When everyone is healthy, who would be the most likely candidate to be demoted to the AHL?

b) Based on this roster, how should I put together the lines and pairings to best reflect a healthy Senators lineup?

Thanks.

Edit: I've decided to keep MacArthur off the team because he's played so little.

Well, MacArthur, if healthy, would definitely be playing, as he has in every game since returning from injury.

Meanwhile, Jokipakka is pretty low on the depth chart (below Harpur for example, who isn't even listed).

I'd think a good NHL 17 line-up would be:

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
MacArthur-Pageau-Ryan
Stalberg-Brassard-Burrows
Dzingel-Smith-Pyatt

Methot-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci
Borowiecki-Wideman

Anderson

Last edited:

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Well, MacArthur, if healthy, would definitely be playing, as he has in every game since returning from injury.

Meanwhile, Jokipakka is pretty low on the depth chart (below Harpur for example, who isn't even listed).

I'd think a good NHL 17 line-up would be:

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
MacArthur-Pageau-Ryan
Stalberg-Brassard-Burrows
Dzingel-Smith-Pyatt

Methot-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci
Borowiecki-Wideman

Anderson

Thank you.

I want the lineups to be representive of how teams have suited up this season (mainly, the regular season). This is why I leave out guys who missed almost the entire year and prospects who spent almost all season in the minors.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad