MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Stalberg - Brassard - Burrows
Dzingle - Smith - Pyatt

Methot - Karlsson
Phanuef - Ceci
Claesson - Wideman

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Did I miss something? When did the Hoff-Pag-Stone line have a ton of chemistry?

The Stone-Brass-Smith line was amazing for a healthy part of the year why wouldn't we go back to that?

And is the Stalberg-Brass-Burrows line actually good? or are they just saying that so they can bury Brass

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Did I miss something? When did the Hoff-Pag-Stone line have a ton of chemistry?

The Stone-Brass-Smith line was amazing for a healthy part of the year why wouldn't we go back to that?

And is the Stalberg-Brass-Burrows line actually good? or are they just saying that so they can bury Brass

I liked it. It seemed Brassard took charge a lot more since he was clearly the most skilled of the three. I find he often defers too much when playing with Stone or Hoffman. I also found he had a bit more jump playing with those two north-south meat and potatoes guys. He also seems to have some natural chemistry with Burrows.

Coors19

Jul 18, 2011
What I think will happen with the forwards

Macarthur-Turris-Stone
Burrows-Brassard-Ryan
Hoffman-Pageau-Pyatt
Stalberg-Smith-Wingles

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury

Wow I friggin love it. Wouldn't change a thing. Seeing these lines has me really excited. Adding in McArthur to our post deadline team really makes us a deep team.

There's no elite game breakers up front, but this team is very solidly built group of forwards. No hesitation at all to roll 4 lines all game long.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I would try:

Smith - Kelly - Stone
Hoffman - Pageau - Pyatt

Methot - Karlsson - Claesson in, if Methot can't go
Phaneuf - Ceci
Boroweicki - Harpur

PK 1 - Pageau, Pyatt, Phaneuf, Ceci
PK 2 - Kelly, Smith, Boroweicki, Harpur
Pk 3 - Burrows, Stalberg, Methot, Karlsson

PP - Hoffman, Turris, Stone, Phaneuf, Karlsson
PP - MacArthur, Brassard, Ryan, Harpur, Ceci

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Boro - Wideman pairing when Claesson and Harpur have been better is just mind boggling.

Harpur offers the "toughness" aspect and is a better hockey player than Boro.
Claesson isn't as fast, but moves the puck just as well and plays better D than Wideman.

I like the forward lines though. Glad Kelly is on the pine.

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
I would try:

Smith - Kelly - Stone
Hoffman - Pageau - Pyatt

Methot - Karlsson - Claesson in, if Methot can't go
Phaneuf - Ceci
Boroweicki - Harpur

PK 1 - Pageau, Pyatt, Phaneuf, Ceci
PK 2 - Kelly, Smith, Boroweicki, Harpur
Pk 3 - Burrows, Stalberg, Methot, Karlsson

PP - Hoffman, Turris, Stone, Phaneuf, Karlsson
PP - MacArthur, Brassard, Ryan, Harpur, Ceci

And why do we want the worst forward on the team centering our best winger?

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Wow I friggin love it. Wouldn't change a thing. Seeing these lines has me really excited. Adding in McArthur to our post deadline team really makes us a deep team.

There's no elite game breakers up front, but this team is very solidly built group of forwards. No hesitation at all to roll 4 lines all game long.
I agree. The lines seem to be made to optimize chemistry: MoToR line reunited, the Pageau-Stone duo that seemed to click the last couple of games (and last year), Brassard back with Burrows, Kelly finally out!

:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Sir Karlsson

Apr 9, 2017
I love that Boro led the NHL in two categories hitting & penalty minutes, he is an obvious choice to be in the lineup especially in the playoffs against a big tough opponent. If anyone is replaced it should be Wideman who is too small & soft & prone to giveaways & replaced by Harpur who brings some much needed size & toughness to the defence & every bit as good with the puck & much better without it.

There are not many people who agree Boro is an effective NHL player. I can count on one hand how many plays he has made this year that led to a prime scoring chance vs taking untimely penalties or icing/giving away the puck on a nightly basis.

I don't think there is a dman who played 40 games or more in the NHL who is worse night in and out than Boro. The majority of AHL defenders have more skill, they are just missing consistency and intensity.

There is a need for someone like Boro on the team. But he should not be playing more than 10-12 minutes a game as a #7 dman. He is comparable to Phillips in his last season. The bad simply outweighs the good most nights.

Ottawa has put too much weight on slow players like boro/neil/kelly. We would win more games with them out of the lineup.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
I really feel like Dzingel offers more than Wingels. I definitely think White dos, but we all know he isn't going to play unless there's an injury.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I really feel like Dzingel offers more than Wingels. I definitely think White dos, but we all know he isn't going to play unless there's an injury.

Depends what you are looking for out of that 4th line RW spot.
Dzingel has more game breaker potential with his speed. His speed also opens the ice up.
IMO Wingels is harder to play against, better in our end, and is effective on the PK.

It's the 12th forward spot in the lineup.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Dzingel seems to have lost a step and also doesnt look confident. He will get his chance again but we need the physicality with Wingels

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Wingels was very good for the sharks last playoffs, give em a chance.

Exactly! Wingels has played a lot of playoff hockey > Dzingel. Maybe I'd Dzingel played pi $$ed off it would be different.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
A couple months ago I was imagining our lineup with Mac with no hopes that he could come back to play ever again, nevermind this year...

and this morning I woke up and saw this. I'm jacked up about this lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad