Line Combos: Playoffs and the Healthy Roster

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I really feel like Dzingel offers more than Wingels. I definitely think White dos, but we all know he isn't going to play unless there's an injury.

Both guys have 3 pts in their last 20 games, but one has been stuck with Kelly while the other has played with Turris.

I think Dzingel has a good future ahead of him, but he's ice cold.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Both guys have 3 pts in their last 20 games, but one has been stuck with Kelly while the other has played with Turris.

I think Dzingel has a good future ahead of him, but he's ice cold.

Wingels has been a solid bottom-6er; I'd much rather drop Burrows but that likely won't happen as he was brought in....

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
So, from the perspective of injured players' status, Ryan and Smith will play, but Method will not?

Is this an accurate summary?

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
We dominate the game until an entirely predictable Boro turnover which directly ends up in our net.

Anyone going to defend him?

I hope that experiment is over and we go back to dressing 6 nhl D.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
We dominate the game until an entirely predictable Boro turnover which directly ends up in our net.

Anyone going to defend him?

I hope that experiment is over and we go back to dressing 6 nhl D.

Yea me, this is just more ******** & blaming everything that goes wrong with this team on Boro. He played it off the glass which happens a hundred times a game & it got knocked down & ended up on the Bruins stick. That far away from the net near the blueline where were the forwards to support & get that guy? They were no where to be found & allowed him to walk in & shoot & shouldn't Anderson have stopped that, it didn't look like that tough a shot?

IMO it was more on Anderson who had no shots on net in the second & should have been fresh for the 3rd. It's not one guy's fault but a number of guys made errors & it cost the team which adds to the choker reputation this team has in the playoffs.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Yea me, this is just more ******** & blaming everything that goes wrong with this team on Boro. He played it off the glass which happens a hundred times a game & it got knocked down & ended up on the Bruins stick. That far away from the net near the blueline where were the forwards to support & get that guy? They were no where to be found & allowed him to walk in & shoot & shouldn't Anderson have stopped that, it didn't look like that tough a shot?

IMO it was more on Anderson who had no shots on net in the second & should have been fresh for the 3rd. It's not one guy's fault but a number of guys made errors & it cost the team which adds to the choker reputation this team has in the playoffs.
THATS THE PROBLEM.

The only play Boro makes is to play it off the glass because he sucks at hockey. And this time there was ****ing a logjam of player waiting for the puck by the glass and Boro still can't make the read.

We looked like world beaters until boro assisted on the game tying goal.

Sir Karlsson

Apr 9, 2017

How is having no shots in the second period a positive for a goalie going into the third? Its usually easier to feel the puck consistently each period to stay sharp.

I thought Boro played well overall this game, one of the best games I've seen him play in a while. At the end of the day he still took a dumb penalty and was the major contributor to the goal that proved to be the turning point of the game.

That shot is going in more than 50% of the time on goalies not named Price. Sure he could have made a HUGE save but it was a bad clear that lost us this game.

Forwards and GB are to blame for not adjusting in the 3rd when things were obviously trending the wrong way... but no way Boro should be in the lineup game 2 given we obviously need to improve our puck moving in the back end. If we don't have EK at 100% we need to compensate with better transition D than boro who can play 18 minutes

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Hoffman needs to be taken off that checking line. He isnt getting scoring chances when he is defending all game

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Boucher ****ed with a seemingly optimal lineup then hard matched our worst defensive unit against the Bruins only good line.
Boro isn't 100% at fault for the first goal either though, he couldve played it better but not solely his fault. Pretty sure Macarthur had a horrendous clearing attempt as well. Didn't help that Anderson fumbled the shot before instead of holding it for the whistle.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
MacArthur-Brassard-Ryan
Hoffman-Turris-Stone
Dzingel-Pageau-Pyatt
Stalberg-Smith-Burrows

Hopefully Methot slots in also.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Hoffman-Pageau-Stone
MacArthur-Brassard-Ryan
Smith-Turris-Burrows
Stalberg-Wingels-Pyatt
I agree with the first line. Switch Brassard and Turris. Reunite the MoToR line, and try to get the Brassard + Burrows (the "playoff performers") chemistry going again. Add Stalberg, maybe his excellence will rub off on his team mates.

Hoffman-Pageau-Stone
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Stalberg-Brassard-Burrows
Wingels-Smith-Pyatt

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
I agree with the first line. Switch Brassard and Turris. Reunite the MoToR line, and try to get the Brassard + Burrows (the "playoff performers") chemistry going again. Add Stalberg, maybe his excellence will rub off on his team mates.

Hoffman-Pageau-Stone
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Stalberg-Brassard-Burrows
Wingels-Smith-Pyatt

This is what I would do.

You need to get Hoff and Stone to work off one another. Pageau may be the best catalyst to do that.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
With Methot back I'd do this:

Karlsson Methot
Phaneuf Claesson
Wideman Ceci

Boro should sit and that Phaneuf Ceci pairing needs to be broken up.

Last edited:

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
With Methot back I'd do this:

Karlsson Methot
Phaneuf Claesson
Wideman Ceci

Boro should sit and that Phaneuf Ceci pairing needs to be broken up.

Boro had one or two bad shifts - actually, he really just failed to clear a hectic zone one time - but beyond that he was excellent in his role. Super physical, kept it simple, moved the puck quickly and efficiently. No way he comes out. It will be Claesson. I wish it could be Wideman, but I can't see them rolling only 2RD. Claesson didn't handle the puck well IMO and was a big part of the problem in turning the puck over too much. I like Claesson a lot and think he's been way better throughout the year, but Boro was better last night. It's possible Claesson has been playing "playoff" hockey since he came up to the bigs, whereas Boro saved his best for the playoffs, because there was certainly a shift last night.

Re: Phaneuf and Ceci, I thought they were pretty damn solid on the PK. We were shorthanded for 5:19 in total last night, giving up 3 shot and 0 goals. Ceci and Phaneuf were on for 4:48 and 4:17 of that, respectively.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I would seriously consider moving Methot with Ceci and playing P9 w EK.

Methot can move better than P9 and that could get us out of trouble.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Saftey is death ,is something Boucher needs to remember.Now isnt the time to be scared to take a chance,put both Dizngle and White in the lineup,up front.Pull Boro and put in Harpur ,and lets score some damn goals and make Boson defend :nod:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Hoffman - Pageau - Stone
Mac - Brass- Ryan
Smith - Turris - Burrows
Slalberg - Wingels - Pyatt

Don't use a specific shut down line to match up.. All these lines can play two-way hockey and defend when needed

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Stack the top 2 lines:

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
Macarthur-Brassard-Ryan
Dzingel-Pageau-Burrows
Stalberg-Smith-Pyatt

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
MacArthur Turris Ryan
Smith Pageau Pyatt
Hoffman Brass Stone
Dzingel White Burrows

Claesson Karlsson
Meth Ceci
Phanuef Wideman

Adding Dzingel & White means more skilled options and more speed vs a short handed Boston D

Also really don't see the point in playing Borowiecki he has a really low hockey IQ

Match up game Smith Pageau Pyatt vs Marchand Bergeron Backes

Last edited:

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Whats the point of having MacArthur back when that will take out Dzingle out of the lineup. Dzingle has speed, handles the puck, back checks, make plays. We need that in the bottom six.

Our coach won't let White play because he is a rookie and can't handle playoff pressure on 4th line? While, MacVoy led all skaters in Ice-team playing top paring minutes on defense.

Stack top 2 lines and fill the rest with best possible remaining players

Hoffman - Turris - Stone
MacArthur - Brassard - Ryan
Dzingle - Pageau - Smith
Stalberg - White - Burrows

Pyatt
Wingels

Too much grit and not much scoring..

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
As much as we'd like to see White and see him do well, if Boucher doesn't trust him he will go down to 11 forwards , mixing and matching and White will sit for large portions

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad