Line Combos: Playoffs and the Healthy Roster

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Also no surprise that we stopped spending as much time in our own end after Boro left.

I hope this opens up management's/coaches eyes.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Boro leaving had nothing to do with the Sens great play in the 3rd.

The Sens play in the 3rd has more to do with them actually wanting to win the game more than Boro leaving.

I don't really like Boro that much, but i think you are reaching a bit when you are saying the Sens play improved after Boro left.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Also no surprise that we stopped spending as much time in our own end after Boro left.

Bruins have had few issues when the Sens have not been aggressive in the ozone. When we are not applying pressure on them aka 1-3-1 neutral zone trap we they are able to get the puck deep and forecheck the crap out of us... Nothing to do with Boro. In fact I think we missed Boro's physical play yesterday. I know he looks like a neanderthal out there half the time but if i'm an opposing team rw coming up the boards I am definitely aware when he is on the ice

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Another game without Boro, another game where our third pair can move the puck out. Can anyone with a straight face say they want him on this team?

Anyway, rookies are absolutely killing it these playoffs. Fiala and Theodore the latest to score huge goals for their teams. Get White in!

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Another game without Boro, another game where our third pair can move the puck out. Can anyone with a straight face say they want him on this team?

Anyway, rookies are absolutely killing it these playoffs. Fiala and Theodore the latest to score huge goals for their teams. Get White in!

Harpur brings so much more to the team than Boro does. Can move the puck out while still being a big physical presence. It would suck if Boucher took him back out just because Marky boy's healthy.

The Professional

Sens Army Special Operations Command
Dec 4, 2005
Aylmer, Québec

:shakehead
Your anti Boro schtick is getting really old man. Get a grip.

I do agree though that Harpur is playing well, I like his style and I'd rather have him in the line up over Claesson right now with Boro out.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
:shakehead
Your anti Boro schtick is getting really old man. Get a grip.

I do agree though that Harpur is playing well, I like his style and I'd rather have him in the line up over Claesson right now with Boro out.

meh I like my hockey team to win games and boro has the opposite effect. I'm gonna ***** about him as long as he is a terrible nhl player and we sit superior players because of him

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Boro is actually a pretty nice weapon to have vs Boston but for now we don't need that weapon.

And if we face a team like MTL/Pitts/NYR then we 100% dont need him and he'd actually turn into liability.

emo

Aug 25, 2003
Cap City
Visit site
I don't understand some of the line combos Boucher is running out. Why have your #1 C play with a rookie and a 4th line scrub (Burrows). Try this:

MacArthur - Brass - Ryan
Hoffman - Turris - Stone
Smith - Pageau - Pyatt (shutdown line)
Stalberg - White - Dzingle (agitate)

Mac & Hoff could be flipped. I'm easy.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
emo said:
I don't understand some of the line combos Boucher is running out. Why have your #1 C play with a rookie and a 4th line scrub (Burrows). Try this:

MacArthur - Brass - Ryan
Hoffman - Turris - Stone
Smith - Pageau - Pyatt (shutdown line)
Stalberg - White - Dzingle (agitate)

Mac & Hoff could be flipped. I'm easy.

White will not play unless something drastic happens.

We still have Kelly and Wingels and Neil waiting in the wings.

They won't sit Burrows after he was traded for at the deadline, put the team into the playoffs with his goal and screened for Phaneuf's GWG in Game 2.

emo

Aug 25, 2003
Cap City
Visit site
I'm sure you are right, but Burrows has been invisible and with the pace of playoffs, would you want to see Kelly or Neil in? The idea that a rookie will be a liability doesn't really hold weight considering how well McEvoy and Harpur have played.

White will not play unless something drastic happens.

We still have Kelly and Wingels and Neil waiting in the wings.

They won't sit Burrows after he was traded for at the deadline, put the team into the playoffs with his goal and screened for Phaneuf's GWG in Game 2.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'm sure you are right, but Burrows has been invisible and with the pace of playoffs, would you want to see Kelly or Neil in? The idea that a rookie will be a liability doesn't really hold weight considering how well McEvoy and Harpur have played.

It's not like I want to see them in, it's more that I don't expect Sens management to put him in over those guys.

As much as I'd like to see White in, I think Burrows has been decent enough and for the most part, the guys in there are the right guys.

It's nice to have some depth for a change. ;)

Winning usually keeps things pretty static barring injury.

If the Sens lose a game, I wonder what Boucher will do? Is Stalberg healthy?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

This is ********, the Sens had numerous problems in their own end last game with Boro not in the lineup just as they have had before when he was in the lineup. They blew a 3 goal leave for ****s sake when he wasn't in the lineup. Just another example of how much crap is blamed on Boro for no apparent reason. Look around the league at other games & you will see every team struggles at different points in the game in their own end when the other team is applying pressure. He isn't the only defenceman on this team that has trouble getting the puck out of his own end, they are all responsible for making mistakes in their own end.

There are two teams on the ice & that other team wants to win just as badly, people are constantly expecting that if this guy wasn't there this team would win every game & it's absolute nonsense. If Ottawa makes it through to the next round & whether Boro is in or out of the lineup Ottawa will still have problems getting out of their own end during games just like every other team in the playoffs has had. Open up your own eyes. :shakehead

Boro leaving had nothing to do with the Sens great play in the 3rd.

The Sens play in the 3rd has more to do with them actually wanting to win the game more than Boro leaving.

I don't really like Boro that much, but i think you are reaching a bit when you are saying the Sens play improved after Boro left.

Thank you. :handclap:

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
I don't know why Guy moved Mac from Brassard and Ryan. That line was our best in the first two games.

Also, one thing I do like about Dzingle is that he seems to be the only one willing to finish his hits on Chara. The guy is 40, plays 30 mins but nobody touches him. Ottawa has to make him pay a price.

senators101

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
I don't know why Guy moved Mac from Brassard and Ryan. That line was our best in the first two games.

Also, one thing I do like about Dzingle is that he seems to be the only one willing to finish his hits on Chara. The guy is 40, plays 30 mins but nobody touches him. Ottawa has to make him pay a price.

Pyatt as well.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
This is ********, the Sens had numerous problems in their own end last game with Boro not in the lineup just as they have had before when he was in the lineup. They blew a 3 goal leave for ****s sake when he wasn't in the lineup. Just another example of how much crap is blamed on Boro for no apparent reason. Look around the league at other games & you will see every team struggles at different points in the game in their own end when the other team is applying pressure. He isn't the only defenceman on this team that has trouble getting the puck out of his own end, they are all responsible for making mistakes in their own end.

There are two teams on the ice & that other team wants to win just as badly, people are constantly expecting that if this guy wasn't there this team would win every game & it's absolute nonsense. If Ottawa makes it through to the next round & whether Boro is in or out of the lineup Ottawa will still have problems getting out of their own end during games just like every other team in the playoffs has had. Open up your own eyes. :shakehead

Thank you. :handclap:

If you don't want to see that our third pairing has been much better without boro, that's on you.

We blew the lead because of Andy and fluke bounces. I don't care about that, what I care about is that Boro get's outplayed almost every time he is on the ice.

Harpur does everything better than Boro aside hits, or do you disagree with that?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
If you don't want to see that our third pairing has been much better without boro, that's on you.

We blew the lead because of Andy and fluke bounces. I don't care about that, what I care about is that Boro get's outplayed almost every time he is on the ice.

Harpur does everything better than Boro aside hits, or do you disagree with that?

I disagree with a lot of the garbage that is said about Boro on here. I would like to see Harpur in the lineup when Boro returns & Wideman taken out. He's too small & too soft & is getting pushed around out there constantly.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
The Bruins were getting the better of the physical play last game, it could be a good idea to toughen up for next game.

Pyatt left the game with an upper body injury (looked like a concussion) so we will likely need a winger to replace him next game. It could be a good time to insert Chris Neil in the lineup. He will help us be more competitive in terms of physicality with the Bruins and has solid playoff experience.

Boro may also be healthy for next game as well. Boro brings a huge amount of physicality to the lineup which could be useful for next game. Ben Harpur has looked great the last 2 games so it would be surprising to take him out of the lineup. Wideman seems to have struggled lately and has been seeing reduced minutes. It could be a good idea to take Wideman out and replace him with Boro, if Boro is healthy.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
I disagree with a lot of the garbage that is said about Boro on here. I would like to see Harpur in the lineup when Boro returns & Wideman taken out. He's too small & too soft & is getting pushed around out there constantly.

Who do you suggest QB the 2nd PP unit?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The Bruins were getting the better of the physical play last game, it could be a good idea to toughen up for next game.

Pyatt left the game with an upper body injury (looked like a concussion) so we will likely need a winger to replace him next game. It could be a good time to insert Chris Neil in the lineup. He will help us be more competitive in terms of physicality with the Bruins and has solid playoff experience.

Boro may also be healthy for next game as well. Boro brings a huge amount of physicality to the lineup which could be useful for next game. Ben Harpur has looked great the last 2 games so it would be surprising to take him out of the lineup. Wideman seems to have struggled lately and has been seeing reduced minutes. It could be a good idea to take Wideman out and replace him with Boro, if Boro is healthy.

I'd rather have Wingels than Neil if we need physicality.

He's plenty physical himself and he can skate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->