Playoff Race/Standings

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Cooper kids have ran out only Johnson, palat and killorn are left from the crunch team he coached. I think he coach vladdy and sustr for a half a season.

Namestnikov did spend half a year with Cooper but he played much better under Zettler who had him ppg his last year there. Paquette had a really strong year under Zettler before moving up. Connolly had similar production with both coaches in the A, Cooper just couldn't coach him up to that level in the NHL. The rest of the kids Zettler had were late round picks who had little NHL hope to begin with.

Again the only one he may have messed up are Koekkoek and Gudlevskis. Zettler at least had Koekkoek playing good hockey, he hasn't under Cooper. Zettler also helped Blujus become a good defender who's close to NHL ready so have to wonder if it's the coach or player.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Namestnikov did spend half a year with Cooper but he played much better under Zettler who had him ppg his last year there. Paquette had a really strong year under Zettler before moving up. Connolly had similar production with both coaches in the A, Cooper just couldn't coach him up to that level in the NHL. The rest of the kids Zettler had were late round picks who had little NHL hope to begin with.

Again the only one he may have messed up are Koekkoek and Gudlevskis. Zettler at least had Koekkoek playing good hockey, he hasn't under Cooper. Zettler also helped Blujus become a good defender who's close to NHL ready so have to wonder if it's the coach or player.
With coopers system he tends to play sustr over slater because for his aggressive defenseman pinching he cares about righty and lefty handness.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
With coopers system he tends to play sustr over slater because for his aggressive defenseman pinching he cares about righty and lefty handness.

He's playing Nesterov over him not Sustr. Koekkoek had a chance to cement his spot but struggled after a good start while Nesterov has rebounded. Sustr is one of our 6 best defenders so he's going to play regardless if he's a lefty or righty, Koekkoek isn't right now.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Vasy tonight?

While I think Bishop is back to being the clear starter, I think Vasy was really good vs. CBJ, and if he plays that sort of calm/cool style, we have a chance. We always seem to play a lot more structured game when the goalie is cleaning everything up.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Last game was an afternoon one, and today is a night game, so it gives Bishop a few more hours rest. Maybe we go back to him.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Yeah but Boston sits at the Atlantic wild card 3rd spot with 49 games, 52 points. We have 47 games, 47 points. Nothing out of reach yet, just need to go on a little streak.

Also, everybody else is not allowed to win. :help:

Last edited:

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Looked up these numbers to reply to someone on the main board but figured I should post them here too.

Current record: 47 points in 48 games with 34 games remaining.

Last years record for last 34 games including the 9 game win streak: 20-13-1

Just duplicating last year's record to end the season would give us 89 points which is almost definitely not getting us into the playoffs so they'd have to better that record to have a shot.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
THat was a must win game for the Bolts and they crapped the bed.

Heads need to roll. I think Cooper's time here is winding down.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
lol @ the people who took those early losses so casually, "oh we'll be alright x amount of games remaining".

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
lol @ the people who took those early losses so casually, "oh we'll be alright x amount of games remaining".

It's fine man. We need 27 wins in 34 games. It's not over until we need 27 wins in 26 games. We're fine. This is fine.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
I would say we should tank to lock up the top pick, but they have 2 wins in our last 10, so we have apparently been tanking for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad