Playoff Race/Standings

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
That was a good loss today, we are officially in the bottom 3rd of the standings. Buffalo picked up a nice 2 points unfortunately Winnipeg couldn't take it to overtime to get a point themselves. We really need to get into the bottom 5, picks 6-15 aren't impressive and won't be helpful for a few years.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
That was a good loss today, we are officially in the bottom 3rd of the standings. Buffalo picked up a nice 2 points unfortunately Winnipeg couldn't take it to overtime to get a point themselves. We really need to get into the bottom 5, picks 6-15 aren't impressive and won't be helpful for a few years.

Agreed. If its not top 5 then its not worth it or the tank. Its playoffs or top5

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

I don't know man, giving this scouting staff a 6-15 pick is dangerous.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I don't know man, giving this scouting staff a 6-15 pick is dangerous.

The scouting staff is completely overrated. Who's making a huge impact from their picks besides the 2011 class? Even that class it looks like Kucherov is the only good one. We got a bunch of depth players, not a bunch of studs.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
The scouting staff got lucky teams didn't think Kucherov would come over that early and a player passed over in two prior drafts turned into a good player before regressing into a typical late round depth player. 1 home run in 5 or 6 drafts? I mean we have drafted better than we did in the past but that's because of how bad we drafted in the past.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Boston got a point and Ottawa got a win. Things are pretty dire now. We squandered our chance to jump back in, and now we're really up against a wall.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Atlantic/TampaBay.html

Tampa now at 12.8% chance to make the playoffs. This break did us no favors.

And if we lose today, that drops to below 8% (which is why I say tonight is an absolutely must win to have any chance).

Edit:

This link for a visualization of how our season has gone: http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Atlantic/TampaBay_ChanceWillMakePlayoffs.html
for us to make the playoffs we would need to go on a ottawa run like they did a few seasons back. like go something like 25-11-5

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Atlantic/TampaBay.html

Tampa now at 12.8% chance to make the playoffs. This break did us no favors.

And if we lose today, that drops to below 8% (which is why I say tonight is an absolutely must win to have any chance).

Edit:

This link for a visualization of how our season has gone: http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Atlantic/TampaBay_ChanceWillMakePlayoffs.html

We need both of these games to avoid needing an absolute miracle to get in.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Tonight we have a massive game that can help us, I'm talking Detroit vs Dallas. If we lose in regulation and that game goes to OT with the Wings winning we are right there in the bottom 5. The wings would be even on points with a game in hand, the Devils also play and if they win we'd be even on points, we have a better goal differential. The Islanders would be 4 back with 4 games in hand. Really think we need top 3 for any chance at Hirschier as he's climbing, Liljegren is slipping so we could get him around 3-5 but with Vegas coming in we have another team who might bump us and if both Patrick and Hirschier gone Liljegren might be the best choice for them. Vilardi, Mittelstadt, Tolvanen, Tippett, Hague and Necas are the next best but there's a definitive drop from the top 2 forwards to that group and between Liljegren and Hague. I think we will pick around 5 and with how the draft should go so we might be in a spot to trade the pick, unless Vilardi or Tippett show they might be NHL ready next year we need this pick to be a player right away.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Tonight we have a massive game that can help us, I'm talking Detroit vs Dallas. If we lose in regulation and that game goes to OT with the Wings winning we are right there in the bottom 5. The wings would be even on points with a game in hand, the Devils also play and if they win we'd be even on points, we have a better goal differential. The Islanders would be 4 back with 4 games in hand. Really think we need top 3 for any chance at Hirschier as he's climbing, Liljegren is slipping so we could get him around 3-5 but with Vegas coming in we have another team who might bump us and if both Patrick and Hirschier gone Liljegren might be the best choice for them. Vilardi, Mittelstadt, Tolvanen, Tippett, Hague and Necas are the next best but there's a definitive drop from the top 2 forwards to that group and between Liljegren and Hague. I think we will pick around 5 and with how the draft should go so we might be in a spot to trade the pick, unless Vilardi or Tippett show they might be NHL ready next year we need this pick to be a player right away.

I wouldn't count on that pretty much ever with this staff.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I wouldn't count on that pretty much ever with this staff.

I have no faith in Cooper developing any prospect. Besides Kucherov the only prospect he had hit their ceiling has been Paquette? Drouin, Koekkoek, Namestnikov haven't hit anything close to potential. Connolly was turned into a grinder, Panik, Gudas and Marchessault did well one they got away from him. His early hits, Johnson, Palat, Barberio even Conacher to an extent all fell from grace quickly. Don't have any hopes with him and prospect development.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I have no faith in Cooper developing any prospect. Besides Kucherov the only prospect he had hit their ceiling has been Paquette? Drouin, Koekkoek, Namestnikov haven't hit anything close to potential. Connolly was turned into a grinder, Panik, Gudas and Marchessault did well one they got away from him. His early hits, Johnson, Palat, Barberio even Conacher to an extent all fell from grace quickly. Don't have any hopes with him and prospect development.
I think yzerman blamed that all on rob zettler.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I think yzerman blamed that all on rob zettler.

All what? The only players you can blame Zettler on are Koekkoek and Gudlevskis. The rest he had minimal work with as the head coach. Cooper had more contact with most of the ones I listed.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
All what? The only players you can blame Zettler on are Koekkoek and Gudlevskis. The rest he had minimal work with as the head coach. Cooper had more contact with most of the ones I listed.

Cooper kids have ran out only Johnson, palat and killorn are left from the crunch team he coached. I think he coach vladdy and sustr for a half a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad