Playoff Race/Standings

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
Is it too early to start a draft thread? I would to get to know the top 5 prospects a little better, since one of them is coming to tampa.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I would say we should tank to lock up the top pick, but they have 2 wins in our last 10, so we have apparently been tanking for a while.

So you want to draft another top talent that cooper will bench or play on the 4th line ?

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
The lightning should have a firesale. Anyone not named Stamkos, Hedman, Kucherov, Drouin should be available for trade.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
So you want to draft another top talent that cooper will bench or play on the 4th line ?

Cooper is gonna get ****canned. After this dumpster fire season. I just hope we keep him until the season is over. Dont want someone who can actually win games and jeopardize our draft spot.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Cooper is gonna get ****canned. After this dumpster fire season. I just hope we keep him until the season is over. Dont want someone who can actually win games and jeopardize our draft spot.

Firing Cooper just to have Richards supplant him in a season that's already lost isn't gonna do anything for us long term. We've GOT to stay focused on the big picture here. We're not gonna win a Stanley Cup EVER if we let the heat of the moment get to us. The answer of whether or not to fire Cooper is as simple as asking the players. If they have confidence in him you keep him. The bye week isn't too far off and that'll be a good time to evaluate things going forward.

But if the players HAVE given up on Coop? Well... bye!

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Remember guys we're stuck at the cap. We can't really make moves even if we want to. We KNOW this is a good team and that's why are all frustrated and saying what we are.

Cooler heads will prevail and luckily for us Stevie Y has the coolest head in the game.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

I've accepted cooper will not be fired and it sucks yzerman will say we had injuries for his bad season.

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
I won't give up my hopes until it's mathematically proven that we are out, talking about tanking etc is a loser mentality that I will personally not support.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

My guess is he gets 15-20 games next year. If we're under-performing, he's out.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
With NYI getting a point tonight with several games in hand we are officially last in the East, fun times.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
At least the New England Patriots are going to the Super Bowl :) :nod:

giphy.gif

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
That Swiss guy is a nice young player. I guess the other top 5 draft prospects are as well. :) :) :)

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
After road trip update:

To get the minimum threshold of making the playoffs (96 points) and giving us a 93% chance to make the cut, we need to finish 21-7-4 (.719).

To be guaranteed a playoff spot we need to reach 101 points. That's 24-5-3 (.797) the rest of the way.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Something like 8.5% now. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Wasn't it 7-something before the Florida game? Or maybe I'm off (I haven't slept in a while.) Seems like we lost points to everybody who mattered that night.

Feels like there's a move coming this weekend. If that is indeed the case it'll tip Yzerman's hand, probably, in terms of whether or not he's given up on this season.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The odds are stacked very heavily against us right now but it's not theoretically impossible for us to mount some kind of a comeback and make the playoffs so long as we go crazy and play like .750% hockey the rest of the way. However if we blow this homestand then I can see us making another move just before the road trip to Minnesota and Winnipeg or just after during the bye week. This is our last chance to salvage the season.

If we lose to Boston and Ottawa in regulation then we can take full advantage of that sale they have going on at the hardware store and buy some nails, wood and a hammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad