Playoff Race/Standings

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Yeah - the road trip was the "see where we are after this" moment. Pretending that the homestand is now what matters is a little silly.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Yeah - the road trip was the "see where we are after this" moment. Pretending that the homestand is now what matters is a little silly.

That's not really how I meant it Mach. The fact we are playing Boston and Ottawa next is what mattered in my statement due to the consequences of losing those games. If we do then by that point you've just got to cross your fingers that Philadelphia goes on a tumble so we can even make the playoffs as a last place wild card. Or just start buying wood for the coffin.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
If they couldn't get it together enough to win the last couple of weeks when they desperately needed points then I don't see how they're going to fare any better next week and going forward. There isn't some magic winning switch they can flip to become a .750 team overnight when they've been .500 before now. I don't need to wait for mathematical elimination to see that the team isn't making it this year.

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
If they couldn't get it together enough to win the last couple of weeks when they desperately needed points then I don't see how they're going to fare any better next week and going forward. There isn't some magic winning switch they can flip to become a .750 team overnight when they've been .500 before now. I don't need to wait for mathematical elimination to see that the team isn't making it this year.

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by those who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all" :nod:

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Looking forward to us not doing well on the homestand and people saying "This next roadtrip is the final straw". The season is over already folks. It IS theoretically impossible for us to make the playoffs because it would require us winning more games in 32 chances than we managed in 50 chances. It's not mathematically impossible as there is still a route in an alternate universe that has us making the playoffs. Not this universe though.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Atlantic/TampaBay.html

3.4%

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Our chances at the #1 overall pick are considerably higher than our chances of making the playoffs.

Obligatory

psrez.jpg

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
At one point last night the Patriots were calculated to have like an 8% chance of winning the Super Bowl.

Anything can happen.

It probably won't, though.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Actually we're closer to being the Falcons than the Patriots right now. Looked like we'd be a contender and then hella choked. The only team with a worse last 10 games record than us is the Avs.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
11.7% and if the Panthers lose to the Sharks and Flyers to the Flames tonight that number is gonna go up more. It's crazy to say but we're actually starting to get a small chance at this.

-This bye week has gone well for us so far

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
11.7% and if the Panthers lose to the Sharks and Flyers to the Flames tonight that number is gonna go up more. It's crazy to say but we're actually starting to get a small chance at this.

-This bye week has gone well for us so far
That's what's great about the standings. I get mathematical probability and all that, but for me, at this point, it really kind of boils down to this: Can we play better than the teams ahead of us in the standings down the stretch? This team has shown that it still has that championship gear, and I still feel like if they shift into it there's no way any of the other wild card teams can keep up with us.

That being said, if it comes down to us and Toronto we're screwed, because there's literally no way the league allows a repeat of last year. Any Canadian team within sniffing distance of a playoff spot is getting in. O'Hallaran will be flown in to straight-up engineer outcomes if required.

Ain't the NHL grand?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
That's what's great about the standings. I get mathematical probability and all that, but for me, at this point, it really kind of boils down to this: Can we play better than the teams ahead of us in the standings down the stretch? This team has shown that it still has that championship gear, and I still feel like if they shift into it there's no way any of the other wild card teams can keep up with us.

That being said, if it comes down to us and Toronto we're screwed, because there's literally no way the league allows a repeat of last year. Any Canadian team within sniffing distance of a playoff spot is getting in. O'Hallaran will be flown in to straight-up engineer outcomes if required.

Ain't the NHL grand?

Well to get up to a "good chance" (anything I'd consider above 80%) we need to go 17-6-3 the rest of the way. That's not a particularly easy task, but it's a record that we are MORE than capable of attaining.

Up to 12.7% with a tied game in San Jose against the Panthers still to be determined

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Atlantic/TampaBay.html

****, Cats take a 4-3 lead as I type this. Man they really REALLY wanted that one holy crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad