GWT: PL Matchweek 14

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Pereira has some good ball skills. Too bad the guy can't process the game because crosses like that are something else.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
And Messi. I mean I do think Ozil is one of the best playmakers of all time as he really was fantastic back in the day. But he isn't the greatest playmaker of all time when Cruyff, Messi, scholes(;))and Iniesta exist.
The list goes on the French duo, about a dozen Brazilians and a certain Argentinian.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Despite having 70% of the possession, Leicester need to be much better in the 2nd half. No where near enough intensity or fluid movement when attacking compared with how they usually play.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
If they have had a half decent striker instead of the useless lump they got I could have seen them fighting for 7th.

They have been better than I originally expected (I think I predicted they would be 18th). Just find teams that spend to the moon upon promotion do poorly.

Grealish and McGinn have been amazing!

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Sure. But I would have wanted to have more depth. Neither do I believe one gets the best out of Pogba as a CM in OGS formation. He should play in that no 10 role in my opinion (or OGS should have changed the formation allowing for a more roaming Pogba as a part of a three man midfield). Which would have given space for another CM in the squad.

A midfield of McTominay/Fred/Pogba would be fine. Pogba can drop back a bit as well if you want to bring in Lingard/Andreas/Mata to play the 10.

Their biggest miss of the summer was not having any attacking depth.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Pereira has some good ball skills. Too bad the guy can't process the game because crosses like that are something else.

If he can play at the 10 in a more open formation he wouldn’t be exposed near as much. He’s just not cut out for a CM role in a formation we’re the two CMs are gonna be exposed as much as they are due to Mata being forward and the three attackers not being the type to drop deep much.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Embarrassed to look at the table and see Arsenal with a -1 GD... Officially the worst start since 74 I believe.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Announcers are so goofy sometimes.

“another pinpoint cross to the back post”

Except it was headed by the defense well in front of the near post or it would have dropped well short of the back post.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Why Young when Shaw is also on the bench? Young should never be on the pitch in a United jersey again.

Because Shaw played full 90 on Thursday in his first game back from injury so it's wouldn't be wise to play him again. Young works better when coming on as a sub anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad