GWT: PL Matchweek 14

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Arsenal haven’t won a match since October 24th (6 weeks ago) when they beat Guimaraes in the Europa league. They haven’t won a league may h since beating Bournemouth way back on October 6th.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Leicester jump back into 2nd.

Iheanacho was a brilliant sub, he was a beast to finish that game and got an assist and the winning goal.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Sooo wonderful scenes after the game but DAZN decided to cut it off early to show me American football highlights. f***ing thanks.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Sooo wonderful scenes after the game but DAZN decided to cut it off early to show me American football highlights. ****ing thanks.
Flip to the Manchester United game, they are showing the post game. They often do this for some reason, only 1 game ends up with the post game stuff.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yea, it’s just absurd.

Mourinho is gonna come in on Wednesday and just destroy him.

He said to Gary Neville that Woodward backs him, it's a long term project and even a couple of defeats in a row wont' put his job on the line. They'll give him at least two more transfer windows.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Incredible how at 32 Jamie Vardy can run as much as he does. One of the best, if not the best, pressing players in the league and he just keeps going at a high intensity for 90 minutes week after week.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Also, how does Silva keep his job? He’s been terrible everywhere he’s gone but he keeps getting bigger jobs.

I was thinking he would get canned after a loss today but now I don't know with the derby coming mid-week. Intense match to have a new manager/care taker come into.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Incredible how at 32 Jamie Vardy can run as much as he does. One of the best, if not the best, pressing players in the league and he just keeps going at a high intensity for 90 minutes week after week.

3 Red bulls and a double espresso shot pre game will do that :p

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I’ll be shocked if they get a point out of the next two games.

Mourinho is gonna want to make a point on Wednesday and City are better at basically every position on and off the pitch.
Only one that’s not is keeper and even then that’s different because of the roles they play for their team.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Also, how does Silva keep his job? He’s been terrible everywhere he’s gone but he keeps getting bigger jobs.

Well. That is not true. Except for the end at Watford he has generally done well.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Arsenal haven’t won a match since October 24th (6 weeks ago) when they beat Guimaraes in the Europa league. They haven’t won a league may h since beating Bournemouth way back on October 6th.
Duh, that's why Emery was fired.

Arsenal was much more fun to watch, but it isn't at the level we need to be at. Ljungberg seemed calm on the sideline, like a bit too calm for me to the point it was almost lackadaisical. A ton of west and east passes to setup crosses and I didn't like how we were only dangerous from set pieces, reminds me of Chelsea's Mourinho where they only scored off from set pieces.

His team selection was also very weird, Mustafi isn't good enough for first tier football today anywhere. However, I think I much more prefer to play him over Sokratis, but he definitely tried to do his best today and outdo him in terribleness. Again, Xhaka starts the game off good just to get into his rhythm of running around and providing no structure or support for anybody. Ozil doesn't have it any more, but I don't think he looked bad at all. I just don't know why it's so hard to simply play a front three of Pepe - Laca - Auba with a backline of Tierney - Luiz - Holding - Chambers and just roll with it.

Also, LOL at anyone claiming about Arsenal's penalty. Not only is Krul encroaching, but so are at least five other Norwich players, it was the correct call to redo the penalty. Also love Auba trash-talking, if you lot can't handle that go back to Food Network and watch cooking classes.

Reactions: Rob

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Two awful performances against promoted teams, then Spurs and City. Two losses and the 'project' won't mean anything. I love Ole but getting out coached and outplayed by two promoted teams is nowhere near good enough.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Exactly... I don't think it's outlandish to think that there may have been a better playmaker that played before 2006.

The “stat” proves nothing. Since it’s A subjective and B doesn’t list every player in history. So yea
And what is considered a chance created? If you go by this list Silva/mata/Payet and cesc are all better playmakers than iniesta and Xavi just off the top of my head that makes this list stupid and shouldn’t be taken serious. He’ll look at the site that listed it lol

I agree with both of you, but it certainly isn't outrageous to say that someone that has created the most chances since the stat started is the greatest playmaker of all time, so stop acting like it is an outrageous claim. Stats isn't the reason I believe Özil is the best playmaker of all time, his ability to see a passing opportunity open up and create space for teammates is the best I have ever seen.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I agree with both of you, but it certainly isn't outrageous to say that someone that has created the most chances since the stat started is the greatest playmaker of all time, so stop acting like it is an outrageous claim. Stats isn't the reason I believe Özil is the best playmaker of all time, his ability to see a passing opportunity open up and create space for teammates is the best I have ever seen.

I said that he's one of the best playmakers ever, I don't think many will argue that. But he most definitely is not the clear cut best playmaker ever.

I mean do you really think that Payet is an all time great playmaker? Because he's 2nd on that list and while a good player he's not an all timer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->