GWT: PL Matchweek 12

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Last season, this season, and the second part of 17/18. He scores mostly penalties now

He was still on pace for like 23 goals last year and on pace for 23 this year? And now that he’s playing a de facto 10 and 9 role because the rest of the team sucks it’s clearly affecting him in a negative way and still going to hit at least 20 goals.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
He was still on pace for like 23 goals last year and on pace for 23 this year? And now that he’s playing a de facto 10 and 9 role because the rest of the team sucks it’s clearly affecting him in a negative way and still going to hit at least 20 goals.
He's barely setting up teammates in that role though. That's a problem.

Reactions: AB13

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Arsenal look like a bottom half side in the first half. Emery setting up the side with essentially a straight back-5 and nobody pressing Leicester in possession just shows how he’s not fit to coach this team. He coaches like a coward.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Leicester unlucky not to be up here.

For all of the dangerous balls they played in, I still think Arsenal had just as many clear chances to score as them. But its surely embarrassing how much Arsenal have conceded control of the game.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I dunno, I feel they didn't do enough to score. Most PL teams would've potted one in that half.
Hence why they have been unlucky. They have had a lot of possession in the Arsenal half and have had some pretty good chances, just couldn't get one of them in.

Robbed of an obvious penalty as well, which doesn't help.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I dunno, I feel they didn't do enough to score. Most PL teams would've potted one in that half.
There was a stonewall penalty somehow not given when Guendouzi pulled Soyuncu back (looks even worse of a non call in the studio replays). They’ve created a bunch of dangerous chances they just need to finish.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Hence why they have been unlucky. They have had a lot of possession in the Arsenal half and have had some pretty good chances, just couldn't get one of them in.

Robbed of an obvious penalty as well, which doesn't help.

There was a stonewall penalty somehow not given when Guendouzi pulled Soyuncu back (looks even worse of a non call in the studio replays). They’ve created a bunch of dangerous chances they just need to finish.

Arsenal could have had a penalty as well on the Ndidi handball. The commentators seemed pretty sure of it, but I wasn't looking closely enough for it when they showed the replays.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Arsenal could have had a penalty as well on the Ndidi handball. The commentators seemed pretty sure of it, but I wasn't looking closely enough for it when they showed the replays.
That isn't a handball, but yes it hit his hand/arm. His hand was planted on the pitch from falling (i.e. a natural position) and the ball hit it while moving away from the goal, that isn't a penalty.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
That isn't a handball, but yes it hit his hand/arm. His hand was planted on the pitch from falling (i.e. a natural position) and the ball hit it while moving away from the goal, that isn't a penalty.

Like I said I didn't really take a good look at it. I assumed it was a trailing arm when he went to ground by the way the commentators reacted.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yea that's never a handball in a million years.

It's planted right under him as he's falling (a natural position) and it only hit his arm after it was heading away from the goal after he blocked it with his leg.

The joke was VAR not giving the clear penalty for the pullback.

Reactions: YNWA14 and Blender

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If Leicester don’t win this game they’ll have to feel a little hard done by.

Reactions: Blender

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Evans gets a yellow but Torreira had a much worse challenge on Maddison earlier in the match and has had a bunch of other fouls.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Evans gets a yellow but Torreira had a much worse challenge on Maddison earlier in the match and has had a bunch of other fouls.
Leicester certainly not getting the better end of the officiating today.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Leicester have had a lot of success with those pullbacks. Arsenals defenders are collapsing to the front of the net and the midfield is stopping outside the box. There's been a ton of room just inside the 18.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad