GWT: PL Matchweek 12

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Le Seux: " Leicester is playing with such positivity".

Pretty much the difference between two clubs, one is playing towards the negatives and playing down to LC and the other one is playing to their strengths.

Or maybe Leicester is just the better team.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Arsenal invested so much money for forwards and offensive talent in the past few years. I have seen nothing of that today.

The issue is that they've spent that money on three players. Pepe hasn't come close to his potential yet, and Laca and Auba are good, players but not the type who can control a game with no one around them.

Also Emery.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Or maybe Leicester is just the better team.
I wouldn't say so, you're telling me a squad of Ozil, Lacazette, Auba, and Pepe couldn't score one goal? LC is just in fantastic form and have a superior manager, honestly the only difference. Can't believe I am calling Rogers a good manager, but things can change I guess...

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Arsenal invested so much money for forwards and offensive talent in the past few years. I have seen nothing of that today.

Lacazette has been awful today, but Auba has shown up in spurts. Auba has basically been carrying the team similar to 2014-15 Alexis, and he's probably the reason Emery hasn't been sacked already.

Meanwhile the commentators have only talked about Ozil being poor all match despite Lacazette wasting all of our opportunities when we get possession.

Reactions: S E P H

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
This is like the 3rd time they have talked about Rodgers leaving Leicester for Arsenal. Why would he bolt from a club with a plethora of high quality under 25 year old players who are on the rise, for one that is not?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
On paper, Arsenal are the better team and have more funds to get better. But can't say I disagree with you even though LC are in insane form, we all knew we were going to lose this.
No they aren't. We literally went through this on this board last week.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
This is like the 3rd time they have talked about Rodgers leaving Leicester for Arsenal. Why would he bolt from a club with a plethora of high quality under 25 year old players who are on the rise, for one that is not?
Exactly they should have got Rodgers instead of Emery.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
commentators have only talked about Ozil being poor all match
I mean if you're going to play a #10 or false 9 that Ozil is in, the offence has to come from that part of the park and he just has zero possession skills. At this point all he is is a set piece taker and honestly I can't see more out of him.

Actually, if there is one thing Emery has done right with his tenure at Arsenal it is the complete elimination and disappearance of Ozil. Ceballos is the better player and already has a lot of his strengths, but has that passion and desire that Mesut doesn't. Now Arsenal aren't losing because of Ozil, you simply cannot conduct that many passing mistakes and expect to have a clean sheet. Granted I give LC a lot of credit because they pressured us and know we have zero answer. But he has done anything to make a prime scoring chance, Kola has done a better job at generating offence than he has IMHO.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
They should sack Emery before he even gets back to the dressing room and give the job to Arteta with Freddie as his assistant.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I mean if you're going to play a #10 or false 9 that Ozil is in, the offence has to come from that part of the park and he just has zero possession skills. At this point all he is is a set piece taker and honestly I can't see more out of him.

Actually, if there is one thing Emery has done right with his tenure at Arsenal it is the complete elimination and disappearance of Ozil. Ceballos is the better player and already has a lot of his strengths, but has that passion and desire that Mesut doesn't. Now Arsenal aren't losing because of Ozil, you simply cannot conduct that many passing mistakes and expect to have a clean sheet. Granted I give LC a lot of credit because they pressured us and know we have zero answer. But he has done anything to make a prime scoring chance, Kola has done a better job at generating offence than he has IMHO.

Well that's because Emery's tactic is to spray the ball for Kola to cross in.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
No they aren't. We literally went through this on this board last week.
Come on now, you seriously think LC is better? Lol at that, Arsenal is one manager away from being a CL team until more funds are accumulated to fix the backline.

A big reason why they're going to win this game is Emery and their form...nothing else. For the record, they deserve to be where they're at and Arsenal deserves where we are at.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Leicester are better on paper and on the pitch.

I really hope Rodgers doesn’t get lured away by another club. What he has at Leicester is a real chance to build something with long term potential.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013

Couldn't disagree with you more. Ozil is the best player in possession in the squad. Ceballos is great at dribbling to beat the initial press, but he hasn't shown any ability to create chances in the final third.

Can't blame Ozil that his manager deployed him as a false 9 when Leicester had the ball and not one of the front three (or anyone for that matter) pressed Leicester for the entirety of the game. If managed correctly, Ozil could still be a very useful player for Arsenal, but alas we have Emery.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
I wouldn't say so, you're telling me a squad of Ozil, Lacazette, Auba, and Pepe couldn't score one goal? LC is just in fantastic form and have a superior manager, honestly the only difference. Can't believe I am calling Rogers a good manager, but things can change I guess...

Just off the top of my head, Vardy and Maddison are better then anything arsenal has. Schmeicel is better then Leno.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Leicester are better on paper and on the pitch.
If we use your logic and everybody else here, then Monchengladbach is better than Bayern simply because they're currently leading BuLi.

You lot are the same people who idiotically said that Spurs were heads and shoulders above Arsenal during the preseason. Lol. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Come on now, you seriously think LC is better? Lol at that, Arsenal is one manager away from being a CL team until more funds are accumulated to fix the backline.

A big reason why they're going to win this game is Emery and their form...nothing else. For the record, they deserve to be where they're at and Arsenal deserves where we are at.
There is no question they are better, at least their starting 11 is for sure. They lack the attacking depth Arsenal has, but their midfield is much better, no one Arsenal has starts over Maddison, Tielemans, Ndidi, and their defense is better as well. Schmeichel is also a better keeper than Leno. Vardy is good enough Arsenal would find a way to play him with Auba.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
top 4 is set in stone imo
arse and spuds are miles behind 'em

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Just off the top of my head, Vardy and Maddison are better then anything arsenal has. Schmeicel is better then Leno.

Definitely would not take Vardy and Maddison over Auba. On paper I think these sides are pretty close and we could argue both ways, but we can all agree that Leicester has the better manager and are playing much better on the field where it counts.

Reactions: S E P H

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If we use your logic and everybody else here, then Monchengladbach is better than Bayern simply because they're currently leading BuLi.

You lot are the same people who idiotically said that Spurs were heads and shoulders above Arsenal during the preseason. Lol. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
I had Arsenal ahead of Spurs preseason and what exactly is my logic? Liking the Leicester players more than the Arsenal players? I like Aubameyang but aside from him and maybe Pepe if he finds form Arsenal’s players are just not that impressive. People keep blaming Emery but the amount of individual error and mistake coupled with lack of ability to execute anything on the pitch is easy to scapegoat with a bad manager. This team has bigger problems than Emery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad