Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Where we talk about Jussi Jokinen

Status
Not open for further replies.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I simply disagree that Hornqvist should have been anywhere near waiver territory and there is nothing in his history to suggest that would be the case. If JR really would have done that (my hunch is he used that as leverage to get Horny to accept the trade), then he should have quit far earlier than he did.

Pretty sure there was an article or something saying JR would waive him if he did not accept a trade. Thankfully he's gone now (JR), he's ruined us because of Tom Wilson.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
On the subject of possibly moving a player, what's Hextalls most notable trades?

Ron Hextall Trades - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

See for yourself. Fact is, JR has made more notable trades in the last 3 years than Hextall has ever. Makes me a bit nervous. Pretty good at getting picks though.

The Lehtora, 1st, cond 1st for Schenn is probably his biggest and best.

??
Dumoulin and Lafferty
for
2nd and Lowry

That's probably decently close to be honest. I figure Dumo is worth at least 2 2nds, but more likely 1st+A prospect or 1st+2nd.

I think 2nd+Lowry is consistent with the 2 2nds price tag and given our need for a quality bottom 6 center, I would probably do it. I would then hope for the McCann for Bennett swap and run a line of Bennett-Lowry-ERod/DOC/Jank. I think that would be a great bottom 6 line and with BART as the other, it does open up a lot of options for us.

Ryan Hartman has always struck me as a pain in the ass. I'd like him for the fourth line.

Indeed. I think he got highly overrated early in his career but he's one I would love to have in our bottom 6. Same with Greenway.

Reactions: Rust17

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Indeed. I think he got highly overrated early in his career but he's one I would love to have in our bottom 6. Same with Greenway.

Greenway will cost a pretty penny now. But a Greenway-Bennett-Tanev line would be pretty good.
I’d rather have Hartman but wouldn’t complain.
True. Bennett-Lowry-Hartman. Both lines would be a mixed bag of no clue how they will do...both lines seem confusing to think about IMO.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Y’all kidding yourselves if you think Burke isn’t gonna be actively involved in roster construction.

Catch some recent interviews with him on YouTube. Doesn’t sound like a guy leaving it up to Hextall.

Reactions: 66-30-33

JRS91

Jul 4, 2010
Lowry and Tanev were good together, I doubt Sullivan would break up the third line he has now though for that.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Lowry’s dad is a coach with the Jets. No chance they are moving him. Maybe you can get Copp, but I doubt it.

Sullivan's niece is with Sheary...while I get what you're saying, that's not a guarantee.

No but he's able to help with the bigger trades and will probably use his influence.

Maybe. Haxtall has been around long enough and is well enough know that I doubt he needs Burke's clout unless it's a major blockbuster like Malkin or Letang.

JR has said himself that he didn’t want to win lopsided trades because he didn’t want to embarrass other GMs. I’ve always had a problem with that. I hope Hextall has a different mindset.

That's an honorable approach though. Ensuring decent value for both sides makes it more likely the GM will trade again and not be apprehensive. It's a small world as a GM. Burning bridges for a single trade...not always the best option maybe, at least long term. JR always got his guy...

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Sullivan's niece is with Sheary...while I get what you're saying, that's not a guarantee.

Maybe. Haxtall has been around long enough and is well enough know that I doubt he needs Burke's clout unless it's a major blockbuster like Malkin or Letang.

That's an honorable approach though. Ensuring decent value for both sides makes it more likely the GM will trade again and not be apprehensive. It's a small world as a GM. Burning bridges for a single trade...not always the best option maybe, at least long term. JR always got his guy...

I’m not sure how that is comparable at all.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh

and too often over paid

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Hextall’s trade history shows a lot of draft trades or early season stuff. Looks like only 2 deadline trades during his tenure in Philly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad