Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Where we talk about Jussi Jokinen

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
At the end of the day though I would take Horny any day over Henrique during playoffs. He's a heart and soul guy that brings a level of battle that rubs off on other players.
I mean I'm definitely not one to bash Horny. He's my favorite player in the league.

All I'm saying is Henrique could very well help us.
Would I prefer a younger, faster scoring center with a better contract? Sure. Where do we find one before the deadline and what does it cost us?

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I mean I'm definitely not one to bash Horny. He's my favorite player in the league.

All I'm saying is Henrique could very well help us.
Would I prefer a younger, faster scoring center with a better contract? Sure. Where do we find one before the deadline and what does it cost us?

Ya I agress but ducks won't retain for three years and there's not way we can afford him.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Between Pettersson and Dumoulin we should trade Dumo. Older and not signed for as long but also probably fetches a better return from a contending team.
I’d flip him for picks/prospects then use those assets to get what we need. I think that’s how we’re gonna have to make most moves, actually.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
unfortunately I think the flyers would be great trading partners for Dumoulin. They need a top 4dmen and have a ton of young wingers.

dont see a trade in the division happening tho

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I’d flip him for picks/prospects then use those assets to get what we need. I think that’s how we’re gonna have to make most moves, actually.

I always feel this way and yet the Penguins (at least under JR) operated weirdly where they had to get back NHL players in every trade and didn't believe in picks as currency. It worked out often but it was like...going back to the barter system. Maybe the Murray trade was the start of bringing back that way of thinking.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Crosby says he wants to stay with Penguins for rest of NHL career - NHL.com

CRANBERRY, Pa. -- Sidney Crosby said he remains committed to finishing his NHL career with the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Rumors that the 33-year-old center could play elsewhere emerged after the Penguins hired general manager Ron Hextall and president of hockey operations Brian Burke on Feb. 9. But Friday, one day before playing his 1,000th NHL game, Crosby said he intends to stay in Pittsburgh.

"Nothing's changed," the Penguins captain said. "[The rumors are] definitely kind of a new subject that I've had to deal with and hear about a little bit. But I love playing here. This is where I'd love to play for the rest of my career. So I can't really control what's said or rumors or things like that, but that's just kind of how I approach it."

Crosby, selected by Pittsburgh with the No. 1 pick in the 2005 NHL Draft, will become the first to play 1,000 games with the Penguins when they host the New York Islanders on Saturday (7 p.m. ET; NHLN, ATTSN-PT, MSG+, NHL.TV). Center Evgeni Malkin is second in Pittsburgh history with 922 games played, followed by Mario Lemieux with 915.

With his NHL career entering its later stages, Crosby said he isn't looking ahead to retirement.

"I think as long as I feel good, I'd love to play as long as I can," he said. "I don't really have an idea of what that age is or number is. I think I just focus on playing out my contract and seeing where I'm at then. I feel really good. … I feel good, and I want to play as long as I can. So I guess we'll have to see."

Crosby's contract runs through the 2024-25 season, which would end before his 38th birthday. He signed a 12-year, $104.4 million contract ($8.7 million annual average value) with the Penguins on July 1, 2012.

Pittsburgh coach Mike Sullivan said it's a privilege to have Crosby and it was a nightmare to coach against him before being hired by the Penguins on Dec. 12, 2015.

"I think he encapsulates everything it is to be a Pittsburgh Penguin," Sullivan said. "He is the identity of this team. The team is built around him. That's what he means to the Pittsburgh Penguins. That's what he means to this community."

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg needs D pretty badly, IMO. They like big guys that can skate and, I think, have cap room. Prospect pool isn’t great but they have lots of picks.

If Dillon fetches a 2nd and a 3rd Dumo should be able to get at least a bit more. Maybe 2 2nds.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Between Pettersson and Dumoulin we should trade Dumo. Older and not signed for as long but also probably fetches a better return from a contending team.
Absolutely. No question in my mind that he is one who logically should be moved (and for the same reasons you cite).

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Winnipeg needs D pretty badly, IMO. They like big guys that can skate and, I think, have cap room. Prospect pool isn’t great but they have lots of picks.

If Dillon fetches a 2nd and a 3rd Dumo should be able to get at least a bit more. Maybe 2 2nds.

Winnipeg should have quite an appetite to add as well this year. They only need to beat one good team to make it to the 3rd round more than likely.

Reactions: Jacob

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017

A 2hd and a B level prospect would be ok also. Maybe a young player just getting his feet wet in the league.

Reactions: Jacob

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
On the subject of possibly moving a player, what's Hextalls most notable trades?

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Dont sell short. If a team wants a top pair d-man on a sweetheart AAV they can pay up for it.
I agree, but with him just coming back from injury and him having a pretty significant one last season, that in theory would somewhat mitigate his value.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
lol what?

JR apparently told Hornqvist he'd have to waive him if he didn't accept a trade. We've seen a ton of 30+ expensive and good players put on waivers this year. Hornqvist didn't fit in the Penguins top-9 if they would have kept him, so I highly doubt that he would have been much more productive this year than Henrique has been. Not hard to connect the dots.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
not much inwouldnt think
Get what you can to be sure. Maybe you can net a late first if a team is desperate enough. But I do believe these injuries hurt our cause. I know if I was going to trade for him it would temper my offer a bit.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
JR apparently told Hornqvist he'd have to waive him if he didn't accept a trade. We've seen a ton of 30+ expensive and good players put on waivers this year. Hornqvist didn't fit in the Penguins top-9 if they would have kept him, so I highly doubt that he would have been much more productive this year than Henrique has been. Not hard to connect the dots.

I simply disagree that Hornqvist should have been anywhere near waiver territory and there is nothing in his history to suggest that would be the case. If JR really would have done that (my hunch is he used that as leverage to get Horny to accept the trade), then he should have quit far earlier than he did.

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad