Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Where we talk about Jussi Jokinen

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Must admit it sounds tempting. What if Henrique clears waivers and Anaheim retain + give a pick back for Pettersson?
They've already weakened their position in potential trade talks. We have the bargaining power and have a storied history trading with them.
The guy's not worthless. Had 26 goals last year on the 29th ranked offense. Is durable.

I'd be hesitant, but are we going to find any better options before the deadline? If so, who?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I love Eklund...lol...all we need is another LD...

“Just heard that the Flyers and Penguins may end up in a bidding war for Preds D-man Mattias Ekholm... It is believed the Flyers have more of what the Preds are looking for....

More to come.”

Reactions: The Old Master

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh

“Just heard that the Flyers and Penguins may end up in a bidding war for Preds D-man Mattias Ekholm... It is believed the Flyers have more of what the Preds are looking for....

More to come.”
that would be so jr..........but...but he's gone isn't he?

Reactions: Andy99

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018

More to come.”
No harm no foul as long as we trade 2 of them, right? You tellin me you wouldn't feel better about our defense with Ekholm back there?

We have no futures to trade though so...RIP.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
The fact that Henrique is getting waived makes me pretty positive that the Penguins would have probably had to do the same to Hornqvist had they kept him.

I doubt that to be honest. Horny makes less and is a year shorter contract. Horny brings more to a team then Henrique. He is a winner and proven vet with 90 playoff games compared to Henriques 27. People pay for experience in this league.

Also Florida is crediting him for changing the teams culture. Thats the type of player he has always been. Henrique was never like that.

Also the fact you try to compare this to horny just seems like an attempt to justify the trade more. Why even bring it up here.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I doubt that to be honest. Horny makes less and is a year shorter contract. Horny brings more to a team then Henrique. He is a winner and proven vet with 90 playoff games compared to Henriques 27. People pay for experience in this league.

Also Florida is crediting him for changing the teams culture. Thats the type of player he has always been. Henrique was never like that.

Also the fact you try to compare this to horny just seems like an attempt to justify the trade more. Why even bring it up here.

Because it was rumored if Hornqvist didn’t approve the trade he’d be waived.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018

In fairness to Henrique, pretty damn hard to be a winner on the teams he's played on. The Devils missed the playoffs every year besides that one Cinderella run in his tenure. Anaheim was strong his first year there too, I guess. Bad the other 3, including this one.

Horny wasn't a winner in Nashville. That's for sure.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I think comparing HQ to Henrique is off.

Before the season it would’ve made sense but there’s really no comp at this point.

absolute no to Petts for Henrique too jfc

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars
Why? Because we finally put together a full 60 for the first time this year? Our shots against is steadily rising lately.

We've surrendered 3+ goals in 13 of the 15 games, and you're against bringing a stabilizing proven vet?

I don't get it.
Ekholm's contract and age/play style....with Nashville probably wanting all futures too. Not good trade partners.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017

More to come.”
LD is the last position by which we need to upgrade. That's kinda funny like. lol

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Defensively he has fallen off the past couple years.
Where's the evidence of that? He had a positive takeaway/giveaway ratio last year playing against top players, which is quite difficult to do. Career best for that stat. That would have been #1 among Pens D-men. Corsi north of 50 despite a higher % of D-zone starts and playing on a heavily declining team.

Rinne was .895 last year. No help there.
I see it more as the team around him collapsing than him being a problem. With their lack of forward depth they aren't getting anywhere near enough O-zone time to give him relief.

Don't understand the "past couple years" part. He finished 10th in Norris voting in 2018-19.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
In fairness to Henrique, pretty damn hard to be a winner on the teams he's played on. The Devils missed the playoffs every year besides that one Cinderella run in his tenure. Anaheim was strong his first year there too, I guess. Bad the other 3, including this one.

Horny wasn't a winner in Nashville. That's for sure.

horny miss playoffs twice. One year where he only played 24 games. The other he was the teams leading scorer.

Henrique never led his team and played with kovalchuk, Elias and parise at times. His teams should have been good enough

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Dumo should be the rearguard who's moved. If we want to have an eye on the future that's the player we could trade and garner a decent return back. Dumo's best days are clearly behind them. But if there's a team out there that needs a top four defensemen, he seemingly would help bolster and fortify their defense.

Reactions: Ginormousthumbs

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
horny miss playoffs twice. One year where he only played 24 games. The other he was the teams leading scorer.

Henrique never led his team and played with kovalchuk, Elias and parise at times. His teams should have been good enough
You can name a few good players on almost every team. Doesn't mean much when you don't have the collective depth.

There were down seasons for New Jersey where he was their best or second best forward too. That speaks of leadership in difficult times, to me.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Ekholm's contract and age/play style....with Nashville probably wanting all futures too. Not good trade partners.
With the futures part I agree. Doesn't mean I don't love the player and I definitely don't accept that he's regressing right now.

We're one of the worst defensive teams in the NHL with like a 26th ranked PK or something. I would love a battle hardened Swede back there who can win battles, shield the backdoor pass and clear the damn zone. That's just for starters. Dude puts up points too.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
You can name a few good players on almost every team. Doesn't mean much when you don't have the collective depth.

There were down seasons for New Jersey where he was their best or second best forward too. That speaks of leadership in difficult times, to me.

At the end of the day though I would take Horny any day over Henrique during playoffs. He's a heart and soul guy that brings a level of battle that rubs off on other players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad