Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread - Quicksand steals my shoe

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
I only want Kovalchuk if he has the balls to walk in the locker room on day 1 ... and give Sid the neck slice gesture. Then just go about his business.

Like Kovoolchewk...what he did the other day...

Last edited:

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
who’s going to take him? The dude is always injured and when he’s not, he plays like he’s injured anyway...at least he’s gone by July...

You know JR is our GM

EDIT: If we keep him that’s fine too if he’s not in the top 4 and we don’t need the cap but I’d prefer a different type with Petts.

2.-Maron-Storage-locker.gif

Last edited:

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Pens could use a right-handed forward who can score from range, but not Kovalchuk. He's too old and he's burned too many teams.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Pens could use a right-handed forward who can score from range, but not Kovalchuk. He's too old and he's burned too many teams.

I'd clear cap space to offer Justin Williams more than Carolina will to return. Assuming he's still in shape he's exactly what they need - old or not.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
I only want Kovy if we somehow also convince Phaneuf to come here as well. I don't want his confidence any lower when he realizes he's the slowest guy on the team.

By the way where did this come from? I mean - our PP stinks, sure, but we're also missing Sid/Horny...who happen to be our PP studs. Maybe since Sid got JJ, Geno gets Kovy? Can't be any worse than ZAR on L2 I guess..

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I do think it needs to be pointed out that Kovalchuk isn't a "slow" player. I don't know that he's fast, I can't tell if he's just relatively fast compared to the Kings or actually fast, but he's at worst a fine skater. Kovalchuk's problem is that he offers you nothing beyond his shot. He does give a 100% effort and he's at least a fine skater (I think he skates better than Galchenyuk), but he's just horrible outside of that and his shot. He doesn't drive play offensively, he's terrible defensively, he's not a particularly good playmaker, he won't help you gain the zone on the powerplay or anything like that. He's just a guy that will shoot the puck really, really hard and will not move like a broken down truck.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Maybe our power play sucks because we continuing to use the strategies that only work when we're healthy and have Sidney Crosby and Patric Hornqvist out there.

tenor.gif

Kovalchuk sucks.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad