Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread - I'd rather be your cocoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
NO way sully wants a old limited forward who really isn't a fit on a team that is set up for speed, puck support and transition from D to O. Now would I take a RW with some size and grit who can score goals? For me, you betcha. I do think Galchenyuk will be moved and what ever comes back will set up the next move. I posted Schultz is not in the plans if his ask is 6 million per with term. Not with Marino emerging. Tanev Vancouver D is just to injury prone for me. Pens with a couple moves and health are fine.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Avs were elephant hunting and may still be looking to add a big time forward. But the pens could move Galchenyuk to them for a high pick or the player I wanted before the Reeves deal in Timmons. He appears to be back and playing well and that is my holiday wish gift.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I expect that he is. You just hope it works out and he doesn’t pay the JRreallyreallywantshim tax.
Pay what you've got to in order to get the right guy.

I'll be fine with an overpayment as long as the guy comes in and is an impact player at a position of need for years to come.

Reactions: Flying Dego

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
In terms of what would be close to perfect up front as wingers it's:

Zucker
Kreider
Hoffman
Palmieri
Ehlers
Kapanen
Johnsson
and
Radulov(only would need him to be crazy forechecking Rads for 2 to 3 seasons and i believe he can easily manage that)

for me.

But theres some lower key additions i think would still make a very very nice impact:

Drouin(i consider him low key. others won't)
Tatar
Kase
Bennett
Kempe
Fiala
Donato
Duclair
Justin Williams

Go get one JR!

Some guys like Virtanen i don't consider even remotely available so they stayed off my list.

ETA:
For C's my 2 faves are JGP and E.Staal.

Last edited:

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
If you want Kovalchuk on this team you live in a video game world. You absolutely don’t get it.

Log out and go away.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Joe Starkey: Tristan Jarry the latest Ray Shero draftee to shine for Penguins

Some interesting info in this Starkey article, particularly this:

Do you think his staff landing Jarry and Jake Guentzel back-to-back — with the 44th and 77th picks in 2013 — constitutes a pretty good haul?

Not bad for a year with no first-round pick — or, as draft day approached, a second-round pick. Shero had traded his second-rounder for “Crankshaft” Murray.

I suppose we should give Tyler Kennedy a tap of the stick here. Shero dealt him to San Jose to recoup his second-round pick (50th overall), then parlayed that pick and the 89th pick to Columbus to move up six spots.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Because they're riotous idiots that don't deserve nice things.

They’ve been better lately in trades/signings although Bartschi in the AHL is pretty dumb.

I did hear briefly that Quinn Hughes’s bonuses will put them over so they either make room this season or defer to next season but they are in a worse situation next season (pretty sure you can defer bonuses until the next season).

EDIT:
CANUCKS’ CAP CRUNCH
NHL salary cap: $81.5 million total spending

Canucks projected end-of-season cap space: $30,474
Possible bonuses for Pettersson/Hughes: $3.7 million-plus

Maybe that has something to do with Bartschi. Partly anyway as it’s pretty clear the coach isn’t interested in him.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
A handful things have come to light in the last few years - Shero and his staff were pretty exceptional at drafting. Our amateur and pro scouts are tremendous. Some of the guys they were able to pull out these drafts with no high end picks is incredible.

I said after both CP and Shero were fired, that their legacy for this franchise had not been fully written yet.

It was time for Shero to go, but he certainly left a lot of belated presents for Pens fans.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I said after both CP and Shero were fired, that their legacy for this franchise had not been fully written yet.

It was time for Shero to go, but he certainly left a lot of belated presents for Pens fans.

Shero literally built the Pens into a respectable organization compared to what we were in the 90s and his work with WBS is remarkable for what it’s done over the past 5 years.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
In terms of what would be close to perfect up front as wingers it's:

Zucker
Kreider
Hoffman
Palmieri
Ehlers
Kapanen
Johnsson
and
Radulov(only would need him to be crazy forechecking Rads for 2 to 3 seasons and i believe he can easily manage that)

for me.

But theres some lower key additions i think would still make a very very nice impact:

Drouin(i consider him low key. others won't)
Tatar
Kase
Bennett
Kempe
Fiala
Donato
Duclair
Justin Williams

Go get one JR!

Some guys like Virtanen i don't consider even remotely available so they stayed off my list.

ETA:
For C's my 2 faves are JGP and E.Staal.
those low key additions oh man, Tatar and especially Kase....

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Shero literally built the Pens into a respectable organization compared to what we were in the 90s and his work with WBS is remarkable for what it’s done over the past 5 years.

DB was like that friend your mom told you to stop hanging out with before something really bad happens...

... but you didn’t listen and one day he introduces you to some shady acquaintances, Craig and Tanner...

Last edited:

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Because they're riotous idiots that don't deserve nice things.

Bitchin

Shero deserved to get fired because he decided to hitch himself to DB for as long as he did. If he shit canned DB 2 years before he did, I think there is potential Shero would still be here. The results are there with his drafting.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

Sexton and the other scouts did. Ray gets credit for hiring them, not actual late round picks.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
They’ve been better lately in trades/signings although Bartschi in the AHL is pretty dumb.

I did hear briefly that Quinn Hughes’s bonuses will put them over so they either make room this season or defer to next season but they are in a worse situation next season (pretty sure you can defer bonuses until the next season).

EDIT:
CANUCKS’ CAP CRUNCH
NHL salary cap: $81.5 million total spending

Canucks projected end-of-season cap space: $30,474
Possible bonuses for Pettersson/Hughes: $3.7 million-plus

Maybe that has something to do with Bartschi. Partly anyway as it’s pretty clear the coach isn’t interested in him.
Gaudette is going to get close to what Tanev (Brandon) is making if not more if his season continues to progress and he's an RFA. They still need to sign Markstrom and yeah, that team's cap is hilarious for what they actually have on their roster.

I'd love to pluck Virtanen and Tanev from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00