Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread - I'd rather be your cocoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside

And Bob puts some cold water on it! Good.

Lol

Step one of negotiating is act like you don't care

With Schultz injured, the Pens likely want to call up a defenseman. They prefer Blandisi at this point, so they put Noesen on waivers in order to send him down and call up a defenseman.
If they did that, they'd have 12 forwards, 6 defensemen, 2 goalies, plus Riikola to play either forward or defense :laugh:

Please continue here

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Please continue here

source.gif

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016

Boston is also not interested, that one is actually a little surprising. I wonder what teams actually do have interest in Kovalchuk.

Whoever it is, look to him to burn the pens every game against and endless bitching and moaning that the pens didn't sign him.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Thank god that is put to rest. I hate everyone that suggested we sign Kovalchuk. Every. Last. One. Of. You.

Now let's trade Desmith to a team that desperately needs a backup goalie for a 4th round pick.

Reactions: Hamurai

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I'd take him for how good at scoring he used to be. I haven't watched or heard enough about him lately to be safe with taking hmi on now.

His straight up shitting on the debs and quitting the NHL to do that... I don't know. I would have to say I'm out.
He's getting old now and if he was a grumpy prick back then the older he gets the more grumpy a prick he will be.
I'm out x2.

This team don't want any quitters and signing him would bring instant angst.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Given some recent history, I think signing Kovalchuk is a move that the Pens would make. GMJR acquiring a player that HCMS has absolutely no desire to have.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Boston is also not interested, that one is actually a little surprising. I wonder what teams actually do have interest in Kovalchuk.

Edmonton, Columbus, Vancouver, Minnesota, Montreal, Sabres?

Or GMs are hesitant to touch a poorly performing player who just got out of his contract for a second time.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Edmonton, Columbus, Vancouver, Minnesota, Montreal, Sabres?

Or GMs are hesitant to touch a poorly performing player who just got out of his contract for a second time.

Who despite saying I will play for league min is likely having salary expectations in the $3-4mil range.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Kovalchuk is goals for cheap. It’s a worthwhile risk that costs you nothing and you’d have two months to see if it makes sense.

I also think dude is a total heart and soul player and that was perfectly evident in 2012 when he was basically playing defenseman minutes on the way to a Stanley Cup Final with a destroyed back.

Something is up in LA and that core seems rotten. The way Kovalchuk was treated was frankly embarrassing there.

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
Kovalchuk is goals for cheap. It’s a worthwhile risk that costs you nothing and you’d have two months to see if it makes sense.

I also think dude is a total heart and soul player and that was perfectly evident in 2012 when he was basically playing defenseman minutes on the way to a Stanley Cup Final with a destroyed back.

Something is up in LA and that core seems rotten. The way Kovalchuk was treated was frankly embarrassing there.
I think there are Pens fans still mad that he pointed his finger.

Reactions: Trade

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I 100% see Kovalchuk going to the Capitals because Ovechkin, Kuznetsov, and Orlov are his pals and Kovalchuk will probably take a cheap 1yr deal just to go there and drum up some value. I know people want to crap on Kovalchuk, but the guy wasn't bad in LA. I'm not sure why Kovy picked the West to play in, his game has always suited the East and he's thrived there his whole career in the NHL.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Kovalchuk join the Capitals, play with actual talent again and put up good numbers because the guy is immensely skilled, people can hate all they want, but I was a Kovalchuk fan back in his Thrashers years.

If the Caps can clear room.

Reactions: EightyOne

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I think there are Pens fans still mad that he pointed his finger.

I thought it was that game where Crosby came back to obliterate them...but no...Thrasher won like 5/6 to 0. It was a humbling youtube video but one I look back on fondly as the 2005-2009 times were fun. After that...it was a total drag until 2016. In 2010 I discovered HFB so...that probably made it that much more of a drag having met most of you.

I do remember a Flyers game where Sid came back and scored in OT after getting chopped in the face. There was another one where the Pens were shoving it up Philly's ass and Staal scored on a beauty with 2 seconds left.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

So boo-hoo for Kovalchuk when he gets quit on, but what about the devils he quit on ... or the league for that matter?

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

2012? Awesome we can be dabbing while listening to dubstep #yolo

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
If the penguins sign Kovalchuk they would essentially have two Galchenyuks out there.

Does anyone really want that? It's a disaster just waiting to happen.

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I know people want to crap on Kovalchuk, but the guy wasn't bad in LA.

The numbers say something very very different. I just hope it's not us who gamble on him - unless Sully/JR will have the balls to sit him the second it doesn't appear to be working.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Neat stat I just saw: Hall had as many ES points in his first game with the Coyotes as Kessel has had in his last 16 games with the Coyotes. The concerning thing? The amount of ES points was 1, Kessel hasn't gotten an ES point in 15 games.

4 goals and 7 points in his last 15 games, all of which were on the powerplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->