Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Can't wait to see Byfield and Poulin absolutely dominate.

That'd be nice.

McMichael on the other side too.

200w.gif

Reactions: Gurglesons

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Officially the worst on the Athletic’s organizational rankings!! :cheers:

I mean I agree with where we are but found the passage Pronman wrote very confusing—

The Penguins for years have been trading away picks and prospects to help extend their contending window. I think there are some players in this system who will be NHL players and will arguably help them win games. I don’t see a ton of that. I’ve said that before, we’ll see if they can make some magic happen again.

Just not sure what he means by the bolded. Feels contradictory.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

I mean I agree with where we are but found the passage Pronman wrote very confusing—

There are some but not many of them. It’s awkwardly worded but there’s probably 2 or 3 instead of 10. Arbitrary numbers but you get the point.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Fogel

Analytics please
May 10, 2010
PA
I took it as saying 1) there are some potential NHL players, but 2) not many. Some of the higher rated orgs had as many as 16 prospects listed while the Pens had 5.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Pronman's organizational rankings aren't simply based on "prospects". They are based on the outlook of a franchise based on their players under a certain age.

We have players that can help us win games with our current core, but Pronman's outlook is essentially that we have no game breakers that will help this franchise out once the other shoe drops on Sid, Geno and Letang.

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
Larmi joining his old Finnish team HPK until the start of the training camp. Interesting point is that he has an option in his contract which allows him to join HPK for the rest of the season if he doesn't get enough playtime in Pens organization.

Larmi was a huge reason why HPK won Liiga 2018-19. Their goalies this season have awful stats so far so will be interesting to see if he can turn their boat around. After 7 games they are currently in last spot (0-5-2, 25 GA).

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Not a goalie myself but I look for general fluidity in movement and how they’re handling rebounds. And whether or not they’re in position for chances that may never materialize.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Is the Q on track to resume on the 28th? Any info on if the Sherbrooke players are recovering?

maxpenguins6630

Apr 13, 2004
With kind of partial lockdown in Quebec in Red Zone due to covid and Drummondville team being in Quarantine I am sure it will be delayed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad