Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Troy Josephs had 8 points in 7 games there, former NHLer Thoresen (got hit with a slap shot in the nuts) had 65 in 45 on the same team.

So probably 1 PPG would be good.

Reactions: wej20

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
@Empoleon8771 probably will in a few weeks though.

ePNXM9O.gif

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Noticing in the International Forum some people’s projected lineups for the US WJC team include Caulfield (ours). Not everyone thinks he’ll make it but that’d be cool if he did.

With Clang, Blomqvist, Poulin and him we could have up to 4 prospects there.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Noticing in the International Forum some people’s projected lineups for the US WJC team include Caulfield (ours). Not everyone thinks he’ll make it but that’d be cool if he did.

With Clang, Blomqvist, Poulin and him we could have up to 4 prospects there.

When was the last time we had that many there

Reactions: Gurglesons

LiffLaff

Crazy? Me?
Feb 22, 2010
Vardal
Safe to say none of us have any idea off-hand what constitutes a good season in Norway stats-wise.
If we're hoping for O'C to be a nhl player, he should be close to ppg, Manglerud is'nt exactly the best team tho, so not sure how much help he'll have.. The Norwegian league is on par with the Swedish second league (Allsvenskan) I'd say, maybe a tier below.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Lust for Life

Jun 30, 2018
Some prospects are starting to leave Sweden now in preparation for the training camps which are hopeful in december. Nothing has been said of Jesper Lindgren yet, according to the GM of Modo, but one has to assume he'll be recalled soon enough in order to quarantine.

Reactions: Giskard

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
If anyone is interested in watching actual hockey games with actual players on a team including our very own Jan Drozg, the newish Alps hockey league posts free full game videos on their website at:
HOKEJTV.SI

Also here's a link to his recent 2g 1a game:
HOKEJTV.SI | Vse o hokeju v Sloveniji in prenosi tekem v živo.

Obviously not the best competition and quality but if high scoring is your thing then you should enjoy this. Also gets your hockey fix until the Pens are back. There are several other league links for watching our prospects overseas at onhockey.tv (make sure you have a great ad blocker installed yo) including the above mentioned GET (Norway), KHL, SHL, Slovakian leagues and even juniors.

If you wanted to watch the Liiga, do a search for C-More and they have a subscription thingy but I believe it's locked to geography so you need a VPN.

Speaking of Liiga, Puusti's HPK played Björkqvist's KooKoo (love it) the other night. One thing that I look at when I try to evaluate a prospects growth is the ice time as it's a direct tell for how much a coach trusts him in all situations and such. Both Puusti and Kasper are doing well in this regard. The game went to OT with KooKoo getting the win via shootout and both guys amongst the team leaders in ice time.

Puusti played 18:38 and had assists on both goals for HPK. He primarily plays on the 2nd line though often jumps up to the top line as he did when he assisted on the games only 5 on 5 goal from former 1st round pick of the Jets, Kristian Vesalainen (who I want the Penguins to trade for btw).

Our boy Kasper played a whopping 21:38; 2nd amongst forwards and skates on KooKoo's top line. He was held pointless with 3 shots, a minus -1 and lost his only faceoff. For the season though he is averaging 18:35 TOI while Puusti is averaging a minute less at 17:35.

An interesting note is that Puusti is 2nd in the league for ppg. average with a 1.38 ppg behind only teammate Vesalainen's 1.40. However when applying context, Vesalainen plays a full 3 minutes more per game than Puusti so he is really becoming a very intriguing prospect.

Though it's obvious that I am kinda biased towards Puusti and I am probably alone in considering him our top prospect.... though admittedly, I have been bitten by being enamored with a Penguins smallish Finn prospect with a high ppg average coming from seemingly nowhere before so there's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad