Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Everyone is zohorna for size. Buncha size Queen's.

tenor.gif

The Golden Girls love the ****.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
After the season we just had, I demand Maniscalco.

Not that I have any particular insight because I haven't watched either play, but he's bigger, more productive, and we talked about him as a target earlier this year.

I need hockey gratification right now, shallow and baseless though it may be.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
After the season we just had, I demand Maniscalco.

Not that I have any particular insight because I haven't watched either play, but he's bigger, more productive, and we talked about him as a target earlier this year.

I need hockey gratification right now, shallow and baseless though it may be.
Maniscalco is a horrible comedian.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I used to think, Oh that bloke is from Pa, likely a Pens/Flyers fan growing up, so we definitely should have it on lock...but then they go sign with the Rangers or some other shit and you're like, well f*** that.

I'd love to see Josh Maniscalco end up in Pittsburgh, seeing how John Marino has done and how quickly he made it based on how well he did in camp and being rewarded for it, should open doors for kids like this. Fingers crossed the Pens can land him.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens have only two marginal RH D men in the freaken system. Now Pens have to sign either Maniscalco or Fisher and draft another with picks from Murray. Imagine not getting lucky with Marino. GMJR needs to deliver period. If he fails, move him up stairs to the "advisory" position and hire a GM that will change this slide. It isn't working Mario.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I for one am delighted to see our honourable tradition of signing from teams where we've already got prospects going strong.

Nice to take a gamble on a strong producer if true.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside

Not sure how true but tweet says Poulin’s (now ex) linemate Robert has signed with WBS. EP has it listed as well. He’s 5’8 and only broke out as an overager but had an argument as maybe the best player in the league not named Lafreniere last season. Don’t mind it one bit.

Goes along with the pattern of the Pens scouting a team for a specific player (Poulin) and then coming away impressed with another player and signing them.

Which is hopefully what happened with Austin Lemieux and Maniscalco.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I'm much more okay with signing Stevens and not signing Pavlychev if Stevens is getting an AHL contract. I thought they were signing him to a NHL deal, which is what confused me.

Yeah, makes more sense to me now.

If anyone is taking Pavs' lunch money as a huge dude on a contract, it's Zohorna. Stevens does well if he sticks in the AHL from the sounds of it.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Everyone is zohorna for size. Buncha size Queen's.

The way I see it, our fourth line (which is really the third line until/unless we get a true No. 3 center) did a lot of good things this past season, but might probably be even more effective with a larger port sider than Aston-Reese. Tanev hits everything in sight on the other side, and Blueger is just a sound defensive center. Adding a huge frame who might be able to do more than Aston-Reese sounds like a good idea to me. Whether he is ready is another story but it will probably be good for him that he plays on loan in the Czech Extraliga until training camp.

Aston-Reese is out until mid-season most likely, so there is a job opening. I am rooting for Zohorna.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
The way I see it, our fourth line (which is really the third line until/unless we get a true No. 3 center) did a lot of good things this past season, but might probably be even more effective with a larger port sider than Aston-Reese. Tanev hits everything in sight on the other side, and Blueger is just a sound defensive center. Adding a huge frame who might be able to do more than Aston-Reese sounds like a good idea to me. Whether he is ready is another story but it will probably be good for him that he plays on loan in the Czech Extraliga until training camp.

Aston-Reese is out until mid-season most likely, so there is a job opening. I am rooting for Zohorna.

I want to see what Bjorkvist can do on that line with Tanev and Blueger.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
We should make it a priority to acquire some D prospects. Our cupboard is pretty bare outside of POJ, Almari, Reilly, and Airola. Not sure Almari is anything and Reilly and Airola are probably a long shots.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
Not my territory, so big grain of salt...I just check in on him now and again because I like the team...

I think the skating is better, I think the hands are about where they were when we picked him...he's a leggy boy, pretty smart, good shot...needs to improve his passing and pass acceptance for me, I think he could be a little more coordinated and a little stronger...I'd like him to sit down lower in his skating posture if I had my way...

Probably just a C+ prospect for me...one of those "yeah, but..." guys, where you see a flash and then he goes away for a while...I don't know, tough call with him...probably not a traditional top six forward for me down the line, but there's enough skating, skill, and smarts where I can see him being an NHLer...

Played LW this year from what I can piece together...

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Love free prospects.

No brainer to sign here given the chances we’ve given ZAR, Sheary, etc.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
WB/S has way too many D for next season. Almari, POJ, Warsofsky, Czuczman, Trotman, Reilly, Lee, now Maniscalo. Ideally we add enough depth to push Ruhwedel down too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad