Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Whats Sherbrooke’s outlook?

They should be good again, but a step back from last year. They were the favorite last year in the Q, which is a bit of a shame. If Poulin sticks around, they will be one of the league's best again, but not likely the favorite (Val d'Or). Although they 'went for it' last year, they didn't dump all of their picks and young guys at the deadline, so they still have assets to add this year if they want. With Lafreniere not returning, Poulin should be the best player in the league while he is there.

BC will be slightly improved this year, but still not great. If Legare sticks in the Q for the year, I suspect he will be moved, although, I think I said that last year too, so what do I know.

I also wonder if any NCAA guys might come up to junior if their season ends up getting nixed all together. A few strong players coming up could shift the balance of power. For example, if say someone like Alex Newhook was thinking he was going pro after this year regardless (pure speculation on my part), playing the season in the Q (I think Halifax has his rights) might be a better plan than going back to the BCHL or not playing at all.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Legare would be a nice fit in Sherbrooke with Voyer aging out.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Richard Trickle
13F4F64B-872E-4CF9-ABB5-9131E479F1F4.jpeg

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
So wait, the NCAA season is cancelled?

Mark French or Kostopoulous?

From what little I know about J.D. Forrest I think he would be a good choice too. I like that as a player he spent most of his pro career in Europe- probably gives him some advantages both in terms of just coaching strategies but also in relating to the European prospects as well.

Reactions: steelcityassault

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
The Ivy league schools are the only ones that have officially cancelled games (nothing will go until Jan 1 at the earliest). However, the other conferences are all are discussing different scheduling options which may involve postponing games. Hockey East for example indicated that they will be focusing on conference games only and have 'a new' start date. It's hard to say what will actually happen as schools and conferences are keeping things pretty close to the chest

Reactions: Jacob

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Just glad hes a RW.

I know Poulin can play both but we desperately needed a top RW prospect.

2021 -

Guentzel - Crosby - Legare/Poulin/Kap
Zucker/Poulin - Malkin- Rust
Poulin/Zucker - McCann(New C) - Kap/Legare
Tanev - Blueger - Hornqvist

Tons of options

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
POJ praise and others.

Pittsburgh Steelers, Penguins, Pirates News, Live Coverage | DK Pittsburgh Sports

“P.O., he's scratching at the door," Forrest told me. "He was fantastic with us. He had a rough start with the mono and everything, but he's such a hard worker. He's such a great kid, and you put on top of that the talent that he has. I really think he's right there. If it had not been for a shortened season and this whole different start that we're going to have (to next season), I feel like he'd be pushing right now. Maybe he will when we get going, whenever that is.
"I can't say enough about what he put into his own development," Forrest added. "I think it accelerated him faster than we had anticipated. We're really excited about what his potential is."

steelcityassault

Sep 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
The Penguins now own five picks in the 2021 draft -- their own second- and fifth-round picks, their own seventh-round pick, the Wild's seventh-round pick (conditional), and the Ducks' seventh-round pick, acquired in the Erik Gudbranson trade.

theicebox

#MonixWatch
Jan 8, 2010
Pittsburgh
The Penguins now own five picks in the 2021 draft -- their own second- and fifth-round picks, their own seventh-round pick, the Wild's seventh-round pick (conditional), and the Ducks' seventh-round pick, acquired in the Erik Gudbranson trade.

We should package the three 7th round picks and move up.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

I'll be pretty surprised if we see that Wild pick.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Lust for Life

Jun 30, 2018
And there's a real chance that the second rounder belongs to Seattle when the draft comes around in exchange for choosing a player of the Penguins choosing in the expansion draft.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
And there's a real chance that the second rounder belongs to Seattle when the draft comes around in exchange for choosing a player of the Penguins choosing in the expansion draft.

Cough cough JJ cough cough...really today, JR should be looking to move that second round pick to get JJ off the roster...

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Good thing we don't have any noteworthy prospects in college.

Caulfield is probably the best going by reputation, and he's a long shot 5th rounder.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Philips and his wacky development path continues its excellent story.

Good thing we don't have any noteworthy prospects in college.

Caulfield is probably the best going by reputation, and he's a long shot 5th rounder.

They quite literally have 3 now. Caulfield, Philips and Gorman. Maybe they add one who is effected in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->