Prospect Info: Pittsburgh Penguins Prospect Thread | Where Have You Gone Joe Dziedzic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
That's not entertainment, that's a great way to pass out though.

With DP in Pittsburgh, there really isn't much to talk about prospects wise.

Last regular season games in the Liiga today. They have every team playing on the last night of the season. Not sure if that's a regular occurrence but it's a cool way of doing it if it is. They also have two 3-game series between the 4 bubble teams to determined the last 2 playoff teams coming up.

KalPa should be straight through to the quarters if I'm understand the tie-breakers right.

SEL quarters start today too.

Last edited:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
That's not entertainment, that's a great way to pass out though.

With DP in Pittsburgh, there really isn't much to talk about prospects wise.

Aside from Murray, none of them are doing anything to get overly excited about. Even with Murray, I rarely get excited about goalies in the A.

Pens can start chasing NCAA FAs soon. These guys are longshots, even the best ones, though. As I said, I don't see any top six guys, but a couple could help their bottom six I believe.

With the way the Pens develop fwds, I'd avoid this org to be honest.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Were we in on Hayes? we probably wouldn't have guaranteed him a spot anyway.

Black Label

Aug 6, 2009
Amsterdam
Skellefteå is playing their first playoff game right now. Up 3-1 at the very beginning of the 2nd. No points for Sundqvist yet. He is playing 3rd line LW.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Skellefteå is playing their first playoff game right now. Up 3-1 at the very beginning of the 2nd. No points for Sundqvist yet. He is playing 3rd line LW.

I'm torn between wanting him to do well and wanting his team to lose so the Penguins can get his ass on a plane to Pennsylvania.

Black Label

Aug 6, 2009
Amsterdam
I'm torn between wanting him to do well and wanting his team to lose so the Penguins can get his ass on a plane to Pennsylvania.

I don't think that's going to happen. Brynäs is completely outmatched and so are almost any other team in the SHL. If Skellefteå doesn't make it to the finals it would be a major upset.

Sundqvist also got an assist on Skellefteå's 4th goal and finished the night with 1A and 4 PIM.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I don't think that's going to happen. Brynäs is completely outmatched and so are almost any other team in the SHL. If Skellefteå doesn't make it to the finals it would be a major upset.

Sundqvist also got an assist on Skellefteå's 4th goal and finished the night with 1A and 2 PIM.

I don't follow SHL, but I know they were strong last year so I figured they'd be in the semi-finals at least. Thanks for the insight!

Stockinette

May 18, 2014
He is playing 3rd line LW.

Played 16.34, 4th most of the forwards. But it might be because 1th LW got squished early in the third, probably picked up some extra minutes there. (I learned to look that up, after a game where he was officially on the 4th line and played 18 min)

And I agree that SAIK will probably walk all over Brynäs. Here is some highlights.

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
Last regular season games in the Liiga today. They have every team playing on the last night of the season. Not sure if that's a regular occurrence but it's a cool way of doing it if it is. They also have two 3-game series between the 4 bubble teams to determined the last 2 playoff teams coming up.

KalPa should be straight through to the quarters if I'm understand the tie-breakers right.

SEL quarters start today too.

Kalpa finished #6 so they play against the #3 Lukko in a best of 7 series. The series will start on March 20th.

Kapanen finished with 11+10=21 in 41 games

For some comparison:

Rantanen 9+19=28 in 56 games (2015 eligible)
Hintz 5+12=17 in 42 games (2015 eligible)
Goldobin 11+10=21 in 38 games (2014 27th pick)
Aho 4+9=13 in 30 games (2015 eligible)

Last edited:

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal

Sundqvist also got an assist on Skellefteå's 4th goal and finished the night with 1A and 4 PIM.

So he's a badass too? :naughty:

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Hopefully Lindo has a healthy year next year, that will give us an indication if he has a future as an NHLer or just a minor league grinder.

Black Label

Aug 6, 2009
Amsterdam
So he's a badass too? :naughty:

More like a dumbass. :laugh:

One of the penalties was really dumb and the kind of thing that if he does in the NHL will get him benched really quickly (especially on the Pens). Still, he's gotten a lot better than when he had something like 80 PIM in 20 games in his draft year.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009

He'd be here already if he was able to out one-way contract Craig Adams. He just wasn't up to the task, though. Just like Despres and Bennett consistently refusing to gain NHL experience as part of their offseason regimen.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Even if Skelleftea goes all the way he'll still have time to come over and play a handful of games for the baby Pens. Don't think he'd be elligible for their playoffs though.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Also has the least number of points I've ever seen from a CHL prospect.

Previously mentioned; Lindo didn't start his season until December for Owen Sound. Many players would have difficulties adjusting if put in the same situation. Players that play a similar role that he does take time to develop as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad