OT: Pittsburgh Media Thread - Still the Worst | Now with Drunken Rants!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
If you shave Joe's head, he looks like Ryan Reynolds in his Wade Wilson grotesque make-up.

PM8AxJH.jpg

I listened to the podcast this morning. Apparently his one eye is lower now because of that fight.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Not surprised to see the PG hemmorhaging talent but I am surprised to see DK still pulling people in considering his reputation. If anything, that speaks to how bad things have become with the PG. It's a damn shame what's happening to that paper, for many reasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: KIRK

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Not surprised to see the PG hemmhoraging talent but I am surprised to see DK still pulling people in considering his reputation. If anything, that speaks to how bad things have become with the PG. It's a damn shame what's happening to that paper, for many reasons.

Newspapers are dead. I used to subscribe to three... I haven’t subscribed to any for years. Cable news and the internet scoops them too regularly and their one last leg, rock solid credibility, has been obliterated partially by over politicized agendas in news and partially by them having so many errors trying to rush out erroneous news stories to compete

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
This feels a bit different - DK can't push Molinari around at all, and he knows it. He was his protege on the Pens beat in the late 90's/early 00's. Molinari doesn't follow him on Twitter, and questioned him even starting his site.

But yeah, we'll see how this goes. Will miss him on the PSU beat, but figured he wouldn't be on it long anyway. Just interesting the shift to DK is the real retirement move, as I thought the PSU beat would be like his career coming full circle and to a close.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Interesting hire. Molinari is veteran enough in the industry that yeah like Rossi Rat said there's no way he can be bullied by DK. Or if he were bullied, he'd quickly quit and land somewhere else. With his experience most any beat would love to have him.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Whatever the reason, Molinari is a legit great get. Really ups the Pens coverage game for DK.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Molinari had essentially been pushed out at the PG, anyway, since he was predominantly covering Penn State football.

This gives him a chance to cover hockey again. And like others have said, I doubt Dejan can push him around much like he has others.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I wouldn't characterize anything involving a sports media guy as a "WOW" moment. Let alone a guy who brings nothing of value but some snarky comments signing with a notable shithead/idiot in DK.

If DK got Jesse or Gretz, I'd be impressed. But he won't, because they're respectable, intelligent, insightful dudes. Molinari's never struck me as a guy who knows very much about anything, nor does he bring anything insightful to the table. He's just a snarky old man who always seemed like he was as excited to cover Penguins games as Peter was to show up to work in Office Space.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Is this a threat or something? Like what are the possible repercussions of him not wanting to do an interview? The local media is something else.

D88JJhRXkAY9hNZ.png

He'll just badmouth you at every opportunity for the rest of your time in Pittsburgh like a petulant child who didn't get his lolly. Just ask Geno.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Mark Madden is such a blowhard, my god. The smallest amount of power and influence I've ever seen go to someone's head.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Like I get the schtick, and I can even agree it’s kinda a rude move to accept the interview and then not really go through with it after a few lame responses.

But this whole self-importance of the media (and Madden deleted that tweet btw), reminds me when Stephen A. Smith a few years back was talking some big game, publicly calling out Kevin Durant and saying how he knows his family... like get over yourselves.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
That interview was probably set up by Steelers PR so I imagine they're going to ream him one. The last thing they want is something like this after finally getting past the Bell/AB crap.
Madden mentioned Burt Lauten (Steelers head PR guy) was pissed, but not sure how much that'll matter in the grand scheme of things. Like he said too, Tomlin doesn't really care for the media himself. But does Art?

It's all good though, Dr. Britt Baker, DMD is on Madden's show today!

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad