OT: Pittsburgh Media Thread - Still the Worst | Now with Drunken Rants!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Clearly their plans to replace/trade Phil have fallen through (for now, at least), and it's time to make amends. Or maybe they finally came to their senses. In any case, it's a good sign.

He did throw the media under the bus by saying words were being put into his mouth. So it will be interesting to see how that goes over with them.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
MM is just saying “oh what else is he going to say?” Which ok, he has a point. But that doesn’t exactly mean his extremist viewpoint of how this supposed rift is so bad that Kessel “wants” (that’s the exact verb he’s now randomly started using - as opposed to “would be open to”) out is correct.

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
It’s a shame how the media in this town works... That’s not meant to be a blanket statement - as there are a few honest and genuine media guys/girls out there.

The rest, it’s like they need some kind of constant melodrama going on to do their job. Can’t be any kind of of original, honest, informative story... it has to be the desperate housewives of Pittsburgh.

Very, very sick of the media not liking a sports personality in this town and trying to sway public opinion. I really wish the majority of people would catch on to this bullshit behavior from the media and stop validating it.

They turn our sports teams into their own personal circus, mostly for ratings or clickbait dollars... it’s like they’re constantly looking for negative, drama fueled scenarios to report on and if they don’t find one they create it.

EVEN if it some of it is true? Do they need to amplify it to the masses? Then take something small and turn it into a tire fire? Maybe we as fans don’t really need to know if Kessel and Sullivan have it out from time to time - maybe it’s none of our business. Maybe not reporting on that stuff, helps the team in the long run....

Maybe the media is the problem. Maybe the media has a bad attitude and a lazy work ethic. Maybe we could trade some of the media out of town?

Last edited:

SwordofStMichael

Apr 4, 2013
You want media fireworks? Wait until DK's new hire Big Country Cody Tucker comes to town later this summer. Tucker is a very direct, no-nonsense type of guy. He doesn't play that passive-aggressive faux-insulted game the rest of the Pittsburgh hockey media reveals in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
You want media fireworks? Wait until DK's new hire Big Country Cody Tucker comes to town later this summer. Tucker is a very direct, no-nonsense type of guy. He doesn't play that passive-aggressive faux-insulted game the rest of the Pittsburgh hockey media reveals in.
How do you even know anything about that guy?

Last edited by a moderator:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Clearly their plans to replace/trade Phil have fallen through (for now, at least), and it's time to make amends. Or maybe they finally came to their senses. In any case, it's a good sign.

He did throw the media under the bus by saying words were being put into his mouth. So it will be interesting to see how that goes over with them.

Or maybe they're lying, like Treliving lied about not shopping Dougie Hamilton 2 days ago.

Reactions: Pens x

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Or maybe they're lying, like Treliving lied about not shopping Dougie Hamilton 2 days ago.

I just said for now, and that turned out to be the case. No trade today. In general, the chance of a Kessel deal took a hit with these public comments, and I think it would be hard to make a deal even if they wanted to at this point. But it's clearly still possible. I think they'll look into it more extensively and more quietly next off-season. Because this has been unnecessarily messy.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
“Some advice: Pursue your careers& lives w/the same straight-ahead stubbornness w/which you defend No. 81, &not as many of you will be losers. (Most still will be. You can't polish ***t.)”

-THE BIG MAN

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
It’s a shame how the media in this town works... That’s not meant to be a blanket statement - as there are a few honest and genuine media guys/girls out there.

The rest, it’s like they need some kind of constant melodrama going on to do their job. Can’t be any kind of of original, honest, informative story... it has to be the desperate housewives of Pittsburgh.

Yeah, you really don't realize how good we have it, here. It's so much worse in other markets, sports and fields.

Ron Cook is soooo much less objectionable in terms of hystrionic melodrama than (insert ESPN basketball or football personality).

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
I asked in the previous thread why I haven't been able to read any of PG articles recently. Well someone else have asked it in twitter and it's indeed some geo-blocking issue. Per Mackey it's accidental and not purposeful issue:

And now Hockey News is giving me "We are currently unavailable in your region but actively exploring solutions to make our content available to you again". That's the front page of Hockey News website when trying to enter it.

Great, wouldn't want to read either of their articles anyways.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
I see the entire Pittsburgh media has been given new marching orders on the potential JJ signing. That's one way you know the stories of the signing being a done deal are probably legit.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I see the entire Pittsburgh media has been given new marching orders on the potential JJ signing. That's one way you know the stories of the signing being a done deal are probably legit.

That's actually something I never thought about, I just thought that the writers were trying to get clicks by publishing things about new/controversial subjects. That's actually a good point about verifying the rumors.

I asked in the previous thread why I haven't been able to read any of PG articles recently.

I just got back from London, I couldn't access PG articles in the UK either. That's not surprising that it's geoblocked.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I just got back from London, I couldn't access PG articles in the UK either. That's not surprising that it's geoblocked.

Lot of US sites are just blocking EU IPs due to the new data legislation, but I'm pretty sure not being able to access the PG in the UK started before that legislation came into effect.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I asked in the previous thread why I haven't been able to read any of PG articles recently. Well someone else have asked it in twitter and it's indeed some geo-blocking issue. Per Mackey it's accidental and not purposeful issue:

And now Hockey News is giving me "We are currently unavailable in your region but actively exploring solutions to make our content available to you again". That's the front page of Hockey News website when trying to enter it.

Great, wouldn't want to read either of their articles anyways.

RIP net neutrality

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
I guess DK was doing some kind of video work from the site at Kennywood. He decided to do some video work ON A RIDE for the website. Kennywood PR saw it and publicly tweeted at kindly asking him what the hell was he was doing.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Looks like Cody “Big Country” Tucker will be debuting on Monday:

“And then, Monday, Cody Tucker formally joins our hockey coverage team in what I can already promise you will be a significant way. (We've seen the drafts. Dude's for real.)”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad