Dreger: Pittsburgh in on Brassard

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
That is a lot to give up from Pittsburgh. Sheary is a two-time cup winner. What has Brassard done?
He's a solid 2C who I think would mesh well with Kessel and give us essentially 3 first lines. He elevates his production in the playoffs. I don't care what Sheary has done in the past. I care about more Cups. Sheary is expendable with our wing depth and unlike Rust, Guentzel, Simon, ZAR, Sprong etc, he carries a 3m cap hit we need to clear off the books to add a 3C. We are dealing from a position of strength to address a weakness. Actually it's two positions of strength, because we have great organizational depth at goaltender as well. Gus is a good prospect but it will be a tough road to Pittsburgh through Jarry and Murray.

Reactions: KIRK

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
It's funny how people in this thread actually think the Penguins are going to have to part with anything of value, except for maybe like a 3rd round pick. Teams always give Pittsburgh a discount, for whatever reason.

Think you're wrong there, IF the pens end up getting brassard, they're losing their 1st and one of Sprong or Gustavsson.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
If the Penguins trade for him, they don't have to worry about him killing them anymore. Guy kills the Penguins. Very weird to me

Historically, he's been as good against Boston, Washington, and Tampa. So, there's that too . . .

TheStatican

Mar 14, 2012
You have Dorion playing the media with that Dreger tweet, and you have JR playing the media by "leaking" to Dater that Soderberg is a fallback option if Brassard doesn't work. It seems like a game of chicken at this point.

Wish they didn't play these silly games and just got to it.

Nothing more annoying then waiting while the tension builds up to a trade and then it doesn't happen.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Someone with connections on the Penguins board is saying that Ottawa is holding out for Jarry, Sprong and a 1st for Brassard. If that's the case, no wonder Brassard hasn't been moved yet, that's an absurd overpayment for him.

Reactions: CanadianPensFan1

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Someone with connections on the Penguins board is saying that Ottawa is holding out for Jarry, Sprong and a 1st for Brassard. If that's the case, no wonder Brassard hasn't been moved yet, that's an absurd overpayment for him.

Someone on the Sens board is saying the same thing

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

Would be happy as a Sens fan, though Brass would be missed.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
No way should the Pens part with Jarry, it's an absurd ask and as much as I want Brassard, we'd be toast if Murray got injured and Jarry was traded. Hell no!

I wouldn't give up Gus, a 1st and Sprong. Two of the three plus another piece, yes. And even that's an over payment.

Reactions: KIRK and BigEezyE22

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Would be happy as a Sens fan, though Brass would be missed.

No duh you'd be happy, that's a level above overpaying :laugh:

I think Rutherford would he totally willing to overpay for Brassard, but there's a differnece between that and overpaying. That is ridiculous. If you replace Jarry with Gustavsson, I would buy the thought that JR would do it. It's an overpayment, but it's not something the Penguins can't do. But with Jarry? That's ridiculous and not something the Penguins can do.

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio

That is a ridiculous overpayment. Jarry better be untouchable imo.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
No duh you'd be happy, that's a level above overpaying :laugh:

I think Rutherford would he totally willing to overpay for Brassard, but there's a differnece between that and overpaying. That is ridiculous. If you replace Jarry with Gustavsson, I would buy the thought that JR would do it. It's an overpayment, but it's not something the Penguins can't do. But with Jarry? That's ridiculous and not something the Penguins can do.

Fair enough, but I don’t think you’d be complaining much if you 3peat and Brass is a good contributor.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
That is a ridiculous overpayment. Jarry better be untouchable imo.

Is he considered better than Murray?...is the plan to try and role with two number 1 goalies? Seems like a perfect time to deal whichever young guy you feel isn't the future #1...not necessarily in this deal or to the Sens.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00